[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

New game - downloaded from steam - followed the install instructions to a T

Load up the game its as if there is no mod - some help would be greatly appreciated

Hi, thanks for trying the mod. My first guess is the mod enabler is installed in the wrong place. What's the exact folder you have it in (where is the MODS folder it created)?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, hello Flix. I find some minor details great in DiabloIII:

1-The physic of rare items falling on the ground: they look heavier than the rest of the loot.

2-The sound of rare items falling: here again a different recognizable fat sound.

3-The ray of liht going verticaly from rare items on the ground.

4-A big nova destroying all on its way when we gain a level

I love them, please add them to your mod if it's pleasing you and if you can do it.

cu

Hi Flix, ok too bad, thanks to have thought about this.

Another little thing I think of: please give a weapon to the Chamans of the Cult (Cult Chamans?) of GrunWald Forest: a dagger or a staff would fit well I think. Actually they are barehands.

Thanks, later.

Edited by desm

Another little thing I think of: please give a weapon to the Chamans of the Cult (Cult Chamans?) of GrunWald Forest: a dagger or a staff would fit well I think. Actually they are barehands.

No they're not. Shamans have had staves and wands for several months now. What version of the mod do you have?

6RbAqZu.jpg

• Like! 1

Ah great! I haven't tested the latest versions of D2F, or not far enough!

In fact I wait for a well balanced release, sorry for the inconvenience, I should have checked!

Thank you Flix

• Like! 1

In fact I wait for a well balanced release, sorry for the inconvenience, I should have checked!

Thank you Flix

I'd advise anyone waiting for a final version of the mod to just go ahead and play it. I haven't done any work on it in over a month. It's been a long time since anyone reported any bugs or balance issues. The only remaining feature is rewriting the class quests, so the current version is pretty close to a final release.

I don't really foresee myself making new quests. Although it's possible, quest scripts are so complicated that I break the game every time I try to make a new quest. And that includes the mercenary hirelings, unfortunately. If I still had Silver Fox's help I might be able to do it, but unless he comes back I think I'm going to scratch that feature off the list of plans.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Thank you Flix

I'd advise anyone waiting for a final version of the mod to just go ahead and play it. I haven't done any work on it in over a month. It's been a long time since anyone reported any bugs or balance issues. The only remaining feature is rewriting the class quests, so the current version is pretty close to a final release.

I don't really foresee myself making new quests. Although it's possible, quest scripts are so complicated that I break the game every time I try to make a new quest. And that includes the mercenary hirelings, unfortunately. If I still had Silver Fox's help I might be able to do it, but unless he comes back I think I'm going to scratch that feature off the list of plans.

While that's quite a shame, the sheer amount of content you've already added to the game is breathtaking. It's quite an amazing mod you've developed!

I think we definitely need to thank you for your efforts :resp:

• Like! 1

Thanks for playing the mod. I'm always glad to see Diablo fans enjoying it.

I also thought that update message might be due to my mod, but then I saw in other threads people reporting that they were getting the message even without any mods installed. I'll see about putting a note in the lead post about ignoring the CM Patch update message.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Flix, I'm dying to try this mod, but have issues with steam install... Here are the exact steps I took.

Purchases Sacred 2 Gold from Steam.

Downloaded all D2 mod files including the mod, the music zip, elite textures, community patch and GME.

Installed community patch. Copied music file to folder as directed in instructions.

Installed GME but with the MODS folder in my "downloads" folder. (Wrong place I'm sure, but I'll get to that)

Put contents of D2 patch into MODS folder. Activated mod.

Decided getting elite textures to work wasn't that important to me and scrapped it after installing it and seeing that it worked in the options menu.

Launched Sacred 2 gold, no mod available.

Saw another poster mention a steam install and you mention that they might have the mods folder in the wrong spot. Copy/pasted MODS folder into root folder of Sacred 2 Gold at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold

Still nothing. Any ideas?

This mod is scary: that damned perfect it is just like playing Diablo II all over again (only not at max. resolution of 480 x 640, thank whatever). Just one issue, though, and I am not certain whether this is linked to D2F or not, but installing D2F results in the Community Patch thinking that there is an updated version (of the CP) available ...and if you download the new (1.50 version), thinking it is just a minor revision with a version number which has not been updated, you will have v1.50 all over again, plus you will totally mess your installation up if you try to 'upgrade'; so (if I am not mistaken) if the CP updater says that a new version of the community patch is available after installing DF2, it should just be ignored (at the moment, at least).

Love those positive comments... so good it's scary... !

Welcome to DarkMatters Guinness

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Flix, I'm dying to try this mod, but have issues with steam install... Here are the exact steps I took.

Purchases Sacred 2 Gold from Steam.

Downloaded all D2 mod files including the mod, the music zip, elite textures, community patch and GME.

Installed community patch. Copied music file to folder as directed in instructions.

Installed GME but with the MODS folder in my "downloads" folder. (Wrong place I'm sure, but I'll get to that)

Put contents of D2 patch into MODS folder. Activated mod.

Decided getting elite textures to work wasn't that important to me and scrapped it after installing it and seeing that it worked in the options menu.

Launched Sacred 2 gold, no mod available.

Saw another poster mention a steam install and you mention that they might have the mods folder in the wrong spot. Copy/pasted MODS folder into root folder of Sacred 2 Gold at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold

Still nothing. Any ideas?

Hi, thanks for trying the mod.

Try installing the GME into the Sacred 2 folder (the directory you posted seems correct). It sounds like you installed it in your downloads folder. I don't think just copying the MODS folder over is sufficient.

• Like! 1

Worked perfect one I reinstalled GME to the Sacred 2 Folder! Only got to play a little tonight but I LOVE IT!

Glad to hear it. Let me know if anything seems out of whack.

• Like! 1

Worked perfect one I reinstalled GME to the Sacred 2 Folder! Only got to play a little tonight but I LOVE IT!

Glad having you happy and here on the board, Michael

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Paladin's Holy Bolt damage is extraordinary high against Demons/Undead. I know it should do more damage, but dealing 36k-60k+ at level 27 is a bit absurd. It literally oneshot the fire demon on the seraphim island. CA level was level 1 or 2 I think.

Oh and sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead :(

Edited by marge86
  • Like! 1

Paladin's Holy Bolt damage is extraordinary high against Demons/Undead. I know it should do more damage, but dealing 36k-60k+ at level 27 is a bit absurd. It literally oneshot the fire demon on the seraphim island. CA level was level 1 or 2 I think.

Oh and sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead :(

Alright I'll see about fixing it.

• Like! 1