[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Hi , I'm using your mod, and I notice that when I try to improve a spell , I see the description of the ancient spells . It must be because I have it in Spanish ?

Yes, right now the mod only has descriptions for English and French.

• 1 month later...

Hi,at first I want to say I love your mod, and sorry for my english :wacko:

I have some questions for my necro ( if I can ask it here ? )

-the damage of the three buff-summon and guys reanimated by revive of the dark summons aspects are not increased by the dark summon lore skill ? (as the skeleton of the shadow warrior)

-same question but with intelligence

- If they don't, stamina + vitality are the best choices for attributes ?

- Does a build summoner + curse aspect for debuff is viable at High level ? (maybe you don't know but I would ask ;))

Really sorry for my english and thanks for the mod :thumbs:

Thanks!

You are correct, the damage of summons is not increased by Dark Summon Lore, however their resistances are increased by Dark Summons Lore if you take any modification that boosts their armor.

Intelligence only affects spell damage combat arts, so no effect on summons (except Bone Spirit). Same with Ancient Magic skill.

The best way to improve the damage of the summons is to take modifications, and of course level up the combat art by reading runes and using item bonuses.

Summoner + Curses should work all the way to end-game Hell difficulty. I tested it on the recent version of the mod and improved many of the summons's powers.

Edited by Flix

I took only modification that boost their damage/attack speed ect, actually my skeletal mage are full modded ( one more, the attack speed/sped incantation buff, and last uppgrade for more powers, I love them ), my golem is modded increase attack/def + attack spped and I think I will choose the fire golem for the last, so I think dark summons lore is useless ( I'm not fan of Bone Spirit, as for the destructor of the dragon mage).

I'm waiting my level 75 for the concentration mastery to take skeletons as third buff and maybe the buff of curses aspect.

So I'm going to build full stamina+vitality, I don't know if curses lore is really usefull, and maybe I will take combat discipline for combo debuff with curses aspect ( just one point).

Thanks again for this mod, I've always wanted to play an inquisitor "necromancer style", but that was not really like I wanted :mad:

Yes, it's true, Curses Lore and Dark Summons Lore are not essential for a summoner. The main benefit is probably that adding points to them gives you more modification points for the combat arts. However, if you're putting lots of points into the Focus skills, you may not need them.

But, don't forget, the Lore skills improve your casting speed too. If you don't have lots of Cast speed +% gear you will be very slow to cast curses and summon minions. :)

These Curses also gain damage from Curses Lore:

Decrepify: Does more ice damage

Iron Maiden: Does more physical damage.

That makes me think, I should add some flat damage to the other curses (they do damage-over-time, not boosted by Lore skills), so that Curses Lore is more appealing.

Hum, yes it was what I thought, I'll not take Dark Summons lore and I'll up DS focus to 75 already for the mastery and to increase the three buff, and maybe again to get the second up of revival ( 2 guys reanimated by skill ).

I don't have a problem with casting speed of the curses aspect, they are fast, and for me casting speed for buff it's not really usefull, but maybe I'm wrong :bounce:

Yeah I had understood this, but I prefer take full debuff uppgrade for the curses aspect, but with my build these damage will not be great, so I prefer ignore Curses Lore. Actually I improved "Lower Resist" to decrease the fire and magic resist enemy, I think it's the best for the Skeletal mage skills and the fire golem. :unsure:

And to finish, one question about the skeletal mage uppgraded with the 3b ( more powers, sorry for the name :biggrin: ) :

They have a fire spell, an "electric" ( magic I think ? ) spell, but I can't know if they have another spellll :nono:

EDIT : And to finish again, a very good spell for full summoner could be a "taunt" for summons to get the aggro, or a spell to move them to a position, it could be awesome but I don't know if that's possible :lol:

Edited by Chouane

Hi,at first I want to say I love your mod, and sorry for my english :wacko:

I have some questions for my necro ( if I can ask it here ? )

-the damage of the three buff-summon and guys reanimated by revive of the dark summons aspects are not increased by the dark summon lore skill ? (as the skeleton of the shadow warrior)

-same question but with intelligence

- If they don't, stamina + vitality are the best choices for attributes ?

- Does a build summoner + curse aspect for debuff is viable at High level ? (maybe you don't know but I would ask ;))

Really sorry for my english and thanks for the mod :thumbs:

We're happy to have you here on the boards Chouane, welcome to DarkMatters!

: :)

gogo

Hum, yes it was what I thought, I'll not take Dark Summons lore and I'll up DS focus to 75 already for the mastery and to increase the three buff, and maybe again to get the second up of revival ( 2 guys reanimated by skill ).

That's fine, but you'll have to put at least 126 points in Dark Summons Focus if you want to fully modify all the summons you're talking about. Same for Curses Focus.

And to finish, one question about the skeletal mage uppgraded with the 3b ( more powers, sorry for the name :biggrin: ) :

They have a fire spell, an "electric" ( magic I think ? ) spell, but I can't know if they have another spellll :nono:

Normal Skeletal Mages have:

• Seeking Fireball
  • Electricity Shock
  • Root
  • Ice Cloud

Upgraded Skeletal Mages have:

• Fire Ring
  • Lightning Strike
  • Poison Root
  • Ice Cloud

They usually only cast the first two or three on the list, but I wanted to make sure they had access to all the damage types in their spells.

EDIT : And to finish again, a very good spell for full summoner could be a "taunt" for summons to get the aggro, or a spell to move them to a position, it could be awesome but I don't know if that's possible :lol:

Ascaron designed some spell powers to provoke enemies but they don't seem to work, so they're disabled. You are also supposed to be able to hit CTRL+Click to direct summons to move to a certain spot, but that doesn't seem to work either. :\

Edited by Flix

We're happy to have you here on the boards Chouane, welcome to DarkMatters!

: :)

gogo

Thanks, I was a guest since 2014 but now I'm a member :biggrin:

That's fine, but you'll have to put at least 126 points in Dark Summons Focus if you want to fully modify all the summons you're talking about. Same for Curses Focus.

Yep I know, but I'm just level 42 so I will think about it yet. Actually I had no really trouble, I try to stay behind my little army, their damage are great, not like my defense :blink: ( I have the inferno mod activated, it's nice )

Normal Skeletal Mages have:

• Seeking Fireball
  • Electricity Shock
  • Root
  • Ice Cloud

Upgraded Skeletal Mages have:

• Fire Ring
  • Lightning Strike
  • Poison Root
  • Ice Cloud

They usually only cast the first two or three on the list, but I wanted to make sure they had access to all the damage types in their spells.

Yeah I finally saw, and the color staff change when they use a spell : red for fire, ect...

Ascaron designed some spell powers to provoke enemies but they don't seem to work, so they're disabled. You are also supposed to be able to hit CTRL+Click to direct summons to move to a certain spot, but that doesn't seem to work either. :\

Oh too bad, it would have been usefull :/

I will try a druid too, inquisitor and dragon mage was my two favorites classes :biggrin:

• Like! 1

Hi,
I was wondering where do you think is the best place to farm in this mod ?
I found that the orc cave and nameless guardians are the best places but orc cave become fast boring having to reload over and over again.
I am tired of the orc cave farming run, any other efficient places ?
Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering where do you think is the best place to farm in this mod ?

I found that the orc cave and nameless guardians are the best places but orc cave become fast boring having to reload over and over again.

I am tired of the orc cave farming run, any other efficient places ?

Thanks

Well all the new bosses and superuniques respawn each game. You could look at the new unique enemy map (download to zoom all the way in) and plan some kind of route where you hit a bunch of bosses and elites one after the other.

• Like! 1

Hi everyone!

I want to say thanks for this amazing mod. It fits the diablo 2 theme so well that it blows my mind.

I really dont want to sound like a douchebag, but I have a couple of questions, please don't get mad if they sound too pretentious, I just want to take this out of my mind.

Is it posible to modify the blizzard spell to make the cloud appear above the target and spawn shards from there?

Can you put the flaring nova effect on the frost nova spell? Keeping the icy evanescence effect of course, just to look a bit more like a "nova".

Is it posible to make a dodge and parry/block animation? Like in diablo 2 and diablo 1 you could see one once in a while, sparks would also look well, like in sacred 1. I thought about this when seeing the pick up animation, maybe you could use an already scripted animation that looks like such.

Can you get uniques from vanilla sacred 2? Or those were replaced by the new uniques?

Anyways, the mod is freaking awesome, best wishes for the developer.

Sorry to everyone who got an eyesore reading this, im not very good with english

Cheers!

Thanks a lot!

I wish I could customize some of the spell effects to a greater extent, to make them "perfect," but there's some things I just can't make any better. Making the Blizzard cloud higher than the ice shards is one thing I wish I could do, but I can't do it. The flaring nova effect has a sound effect tied to it, and it's currently being used by the Barbarian for his ability "Howl." So right now I can't give it to Frost Nova without making the Sorceress howl like a Barbarian. :)

There is a block animation, it's displayed when you press SHIFT and your character enters a defensive stance. However, I can't make a new animation play every time a character blocks or evades.

Most of the vanilla Sacred 2 uniques are still present, though a few have been replaced, and many of them have been edited to have different models and stats. You can browse through all unique, set and legendary weapons in the D2F Visual Guide to Uniques.

Enjoy the mod!

Hello Flix!

Thanks for replying! That's all I need to know.

One more thing about the dodge/block animation, I think I've written it on a misleading way, I didn't mean everytime the character dodges/blocks, that would be annoying as hell, just a few times here and there, like in diablo 1 & 2.

Is that posible?

Again, thanks a lot!

Edited by Tharkun

One more thing about the dodge/block animation, I think I've written it on a misleading way, I didn't mean everytime the character dodges/blocks, that would be annoying as hell, just a few times here and there, like in diablo 1 & 2.

Is that posible?

Again, thanks a lot!

That's even less possible, if that makes any sense. Even if I could somehow add in a new animation for a certain event, there's no way I could make it only trigger randomly. :)

Hi,
I think I found someting strange with one of the enchantments buffs from the Barbarian (natural resistance) that gives block chance : Stun.
The tooltip of the enchantment says +43,5% chance to block stun +0,5/level but it seems to give only +33% +0,5/Level chance to block : stun.

Thanks

Edited by laharl9999

Hi everyone!

I want to say thanks for this amazing mod. It fits the diablo 2 theme so well that it blows my mind.

I really dont want to sound like a douchebag, but I have a couple of questions, please don't get mad if they sound too pretentious, I just want to take this out of my mind.

Is it posible to modify the blizzard spell to make the cloud appear above the target and spawn shards from there?

Can you put the flaring nova effect on the frost nova spell? Keeping the icy evanescence effect of course, just to look a bit more like a "nova".

Is it posible to make a dodge and parry/block animation? Like in diablo 2 and diablo 1 you could see one once in a while, sparks would also look well, like in sacred 1. I thought about this when seeing the pick up animation, maybe you could use an already scripted animation that looks like such.

Can you get uniques from vanilla sacred 2? Or those were replaced by the new uniques?

Anyways, the mod is freaking awesome, best wishes for the developer.

Sorry to everyone who got an eyesore reading this, im not very good with english

Cheers!

Here to say we're happy to have you here on the boards, Tharkun

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Hi,

I think I found someting strange with one of the enchantments buffs from the Barbarian (natural resistance) that gives block chance : Stun.

The tooltip of the enchantment says +43,5% chance to block stun +0,5/level but it seems to give only +33% +0,5/Level chance to block : stun.

Thanks

The bonus overview is correct, the tooltip is wrong. When in doubt, always trust what's on the character sheet. I had to manually type in a lot of the tooltips. I copied the numbers directly from the scripts, but for certain spell properties, the numbers in the scripts don't always match exactly what's given in the game, so my tooltips can be a little off-base. I thought I caught most of them, but I'll see about reviewing the "block chance" spell tokens. Thanks for letting me know. :)

• Like! 1

Maybe so, but I'm wondering if something else screwy isn't happening.

entry0 = {"et_damping_any", 100, 2, 0, 41 },
		entry1 = {"et_addattr_willpower", 300, 250, 0, 41 },
		entry2 = {"et_chance_block_stun", 435, 5, 0, 41 }, -- Base property
		entry3 = {"et_resist_effectdam_any", 150, 2, 1, 41 },
		entry4 = {"et_life_buff", 180, 180, 2, 9 },
		entry5 = {"et_resist_effectdam_any", 150, 2, 3, 41 },
		entry6 = {"et_chance_block_root", 400, 3, 4, 37 },
		entry7 = {"et_chance_block_stun", 330, 1, 5, 41 }, -- Modification
		entry8 = {"et_damping_any", 50, 1, 6, 41 },

As you can see, Block Chance: Stun appears twice in the spell entry, once as a base property (43.5% + 0.5% per level), and again as a modification (33.0% + 0.1% per level).

I'm wondering if the modification value isn't simply overriding and replacing the base property value rather than stacking with it. I've seen it before with the Paladin's Fanaticism - attack speed given in a modification was replacing the base value, so I had to redesign it. This is game is so finicky.

I'm just thinking out loud here, I'll have to go test it in-game to find out for sure.