[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

video

this video is Beta0.5, but almost same as Beta0.6

AWesome

I've never seen Flix's Mod in action before... so this kind of like watching a action packed teaser trailer of the goodies that come down with the mod.

Thanks for the indulgence

:)

gogo

You have indulged me thank you

I've never seen Flix's Mod in action before...

...Well I mean there are the 60+ D2F videos I've uploaded the SacredWiki youtube channel

I've been tracking the progress of adding D2F to the Wiki in this thread.

I love those! and have been watching you add them

This is like a longer symphony of all the acts in progression... like a movie trailer instead of a CA teaser

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I love those! and have been watching you add them

This is like a longer symphony of all the acts in progression... like a movie trailer instead of a CA teaser

I've been saving all the raw footage I got from recording those clips, which as you might guess, is much longer video segments. I've the intention of making a full-length trailer with all of the character footage once I'm done recording it all. I'm just a slow-poke with not as much free time as he used to have. :)

I cannot defeat these new creatures. Beta0.6

My character is Barbarian Lv30, he can defeat Terus (Boss, he drops Boneslicer)

- Flamespike the Crawler. He was one shot killed by this big rat.

- Bonesaw Breaker. He can not deal damage to this boss.

Edited by gomagon

I cannot defeat these new creatures. Beta0.6

My character is Barbarian Lv30, he can defeat Terus (Boss, he drops Boneslicer)

- Flamespike the Crawler. He was one shot killed by this big rat.

- Bonesaw Breaker. He can not deal damage to this boss.

Yes, I'm very sorry about Flamespike. It's his damage aura that makes him 1-shot you. I fixed him for the next version.

Bonesaw Breaker is almost immune to ice. This is intentional. However it looks like I also accidentally gave him near-immunity to physical damage as well. This will also be fixed in the next release. If you want to remove the bonus it is:

mgr.addCreatureBonus( 2943, { -- Xcrbonus_damping_phy
	intensity = 1500,
	bonus = 47,
})

In creatures.txt file

Even so, he can still be defeated by attacks that are high in fire, poison, or magic damage.

Thanks for reporting. :)

• Like! 1

I apologize that I am not good at English.
Thank you, I will edit Options.txt
I forgot to use divine gift.

I did not install Inferno patch.
However, I feel new creatures are strong.
My Barbarian Lv30 can defeat Terus without health potions, but he is killed easily by new creatures.
The difficulty is normal.
Is it intended?

• Like! 1

However, I feel new creatures are strong.

Is it intended?

For the most part, yes. New creatures are intended to be more challenging. I'll test a Barbarian next but he should be fairly strong and resistant to damage.

• Like! 1

Also would like to report a quirk with the Paladin's Conversion CA.

Converted enemies sometimes remained converted even long after duration has past. They remain neutral (not helping the Paladin, nor attacking the Paladin either). They don't physically "follow" the Paladin, just standing around, and will teleport to the Paladin's location if too far away. Although they will attack town guards. I had about 2 skeletal champions follow my Paladin and they just slaughter every guard in the camp north of Clearview.

Edit: Issue gone after exiting the game.

Edited by jordan0422
  • Like! 1

Also would like to report a quirk with the Paladin's Conversion CA.

Converted enemies sometimes remained converted even long after duration has past. They remain neutral (not helping the Paladin, nor attacking the Paladin either). They don't physically "follow" the Paladin, just standing around, and will teleport to the Paladin's location if too far away. Although they will attack town guards. I had about 2 skeletal champions follow my Paladin and they just slaughter every guard in the camp north of Clearview.

Edit: Issue gone after exiting the game.

Yeah, it's bizarre and I never figured out why it happened. The spell is essentially an exact copy of Instill Belief, just with the chance to convert raised to 100%. I never used Instill Belief in the vanilla game so it may just be a quirk of the spell. Since it doesn't persist after reload I never worried too much about it.

• Like! 1

OK, I got around to testing some of the recent reports about the mod.

Fusilade doesn't work, I still cast one firebolt.

I ran some tests, and Fusilade is working, but not as intended. It's only adding 1 extra fire bolt instead of two (in other words, just like vanilla Sacred 2). I fixed it for the next version, so you can have up to six fire bolts at once if you take both Fusilade mods. It's beautiful.

YvM9nlp.jpg

If I remember correctly the "ancestral fireball" does make a explosion when hitting an enemy, I think it looks better that way than fading away.

I finally looked into this, and you're right, there was an explosion with Ancestral Fireball that's missing now because I changed the spell class. Luckily, I can change it back and still retain functionality. So look forward to this change in the next release too. :)

The inferno skill never hits the enemies, I dont know why, I've tried a billion times with no luck, seem like it throws the spell to the ground rather than the enemies.

I still can't replicate this. I played for an hour today setting things on fire with Inferno and it seems to work great. Try aiming for enemies farther away, like at the back of mobs.

When I found this mod, one of the things that I really liked, were the new hairstyles. When I install the mod though, the hair has just one color without textures. Does anybody know why is that or how to fix it?

I re-checked all the hairtstyles for all the characters and nothing seems to be wrong with the colors or textures. Do you have any other mods installed?

• Like! 1

There's something funky about the Assassin's combo display: the first two combo slots are inaccessible.

Please see picture for details.

http://imgur.com/a/EHBre

Please, please tell me this is with a previous character created before installing the mod. I've seen this too, but only with my Temple Guardians that I had previously been playing with under vanilla Sacred 2. I've yet to see this with a newly created Assassin, but I haven't played them extensively enough to rule it out completely. This is the first report I've seen, but then I think Assassin is the least played character.

Hi, thank you nice mod.

I apologize I do not use English well.

I have a question about Dual Wield & Poison Dagger.

I grabbed Dual Wield and used Poison Dagger, but I saw only one shot.

Is it intended?

No this is not intended. This is a bug. Thank you for catching it! I had the wrong animation assigned, which was causing only one shot. This will be fixed in the next release. I will re-check all weapon abilities with dual wielding as well.

There's something funky about the Assassin's combo display: the first two combo slots are inaccessible.

Please see picture for details.

http://imgur.com/a/EHBre

Please, please tell me this is with a previous character created before installing the mod. I've seen this too, but only with my Temple Guardians that I had previously been playing with under vanilla Sacred 2. I've yet to see this with a newly created Assassin, but I haven't played them extensively enough to rule it out completely. This is the first report I've seen, but then I think Assassin is the least played character.

You're right. I checked and it was a blank skills/combat arts level 200 character (one of the downloads).

A newly created Assassin under Diablo 2 Fallen has no such issue.

Thank f#$%. Some of the changes I made to the scripts are so fundamental that it requires a character to be freshly created under the mod for them function correctly. The Assassin in particular.

• Like! 1

Is it just me, or does the Assassin's Mind Blast have just about unlimited range? I have high zoom-out values and Mind Blast can hit just about everything no matter how far away.

May be. I increased the range in the last version. I'll do some runs with it and see if scaling it back helps. It has two parameters, "et_maxangle_cone" and "et_range_area" both of which I ramped up from the default values (spell was originally used by Kraal of the Winged Daemons). Either or both might have been increased too far.

Though Shadow Disciplines is the support aspect, I felt an Assassin specializing in this aspect was a bit weak so the last version saw some serious power-ups pushed out for him.

How do you feel about its damage output?

Is it just me, or does the Assassin's Mind Blast have just about unlimited range? I have high zoom-out values and Mind Blast can hit just about everything no matter how far away.

May be. I increased the range in the last version. I'll do some runs with it and see if scaling it back helps. It has two parameters, "et_maxangle_cone" and "et_range_area" both of which I ramped up from the default values (spell was originally used by Kraal of the Winged Daemons). Either or both might have been increased too far.

Though Shadow Disciplines is the support aspect, I felt an Assassin specializing in this aspect was a bit weak so the last version saw some serious power-ups pushed out for him.

How do you feel about its damage output?

I like the damage output, it's not high, but with the stun (from Mind Blast) and push back (from Psychic Hammer), it's reasonable. The regen penalties are high, but manageable since all my sockets are used for -regen time. Besides the Focus skills, the Assassin has the gold mod on Burst of Speed to lower regen time. It's a tough choice for the Burst of Speed gold mod: lowering cooldown on Burst of Speed so it can be on all the time, or -regen for all CAs.

I'm going through the main campaign in Silver to get to Gold. Will be facing Gar'colossus tonight so will let you know how that goes.

The Shadow Master is a bit of a hit and miss. When his CA is regenerating, he just stands there and take a beating. This was a reason why he died often for me, even when over-leveled (buff suit). Otherwise, he is great when using his CAs.

In Diablo 2, my highest level Assassin was a Mind Blaster with 2 Shadow Warriors Mind Blasting and Psychic Hammering everything in sight. That was fun.

Edited by jordan0422
  • Like! 1