[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

*What if we farm Radament's Lair (or one other quest you mentionned) in free game mode? Will it not be too easy to earn skill points?

Hmmm... not any easier than opening the save editor and pushing the button to increase skill points. I can't stop people from exploiting free game mode like that. The mod is designed to be played in the single player campaign.

*I have not finished the Silver campaign with my Barbarian. Do you recommand me to finish it so that I start Gold 'freshly' if I can say with beta 8? or can I install beta 8 anyway and continue my journey on Silver?

Fresh is always better when upgrading to a new mod version. But the Barbarian is probably safe to continue on, since he only received some animation changes.

Hmmm... not any easier than opening the save editor and pushing the button to increase skill points

Yes, sure, I didn't even think about as I'm not used to use this king of program...

Fresh is always better when upgrading to a new mod version

I'll finish the Silver so, I prefer too.

Thank you very much, good uplaod!! :)

So, was thinking of this mod for the longest time. At first glance, I personally didn't care for the overall premise of the mod, I mean, if I wanted to play Diablo, I would go play Diablo. Therefore, initially, I went with a grouping of other mods: Elite Mounts, Enhanced Spells (+ challenge patch), and your Music mod. Then I realize, all these mods are from you and I love them. I then connected the dots and realize this very author, Flix, created Diablo II Fallen. It MUST be good based on the quality of the initial group of mods I used.

Based on this reasoning along with Inferno mode (Sacred 2 is way too easy), new champions/bosses/mini-bosses, items/uniques/legendaries, and a plethora of other outstanding changes... it was a no-brainer. After giving Diablo II Fallen a test run, finally, I'm MORE than impressed. I'm jaw-dropped impressed. It has all my favorite mods integrated into one package. The gameplay is darker and more sinister. The different class/characters are a welcome change of pace. I love how you made life leech more rare, as it was overpowering. Inferno mode doesn't allow me to spam potions along with 75% more intensity in enemies. I LOVE IT!

Thank you Flix, the greatest mod accomplishment for Sacred 2, ever. There is so much more variety in EVERY aspect here, it's, imo, a much more definitive and better gameplay experience than Sacred 2 could ever have imagined to be.

You sure know how to compliment a mod author! I hope you enjoy the mod. Thanks for the feedback, and feel free to post any experiences, good or bad, since they can help with development of the next version. :)

• Like! 1

Hello

I really enjoy Diablo II Fallen, but I have a problem. When I would like to make the Bloodforest chainquest the game usually freeze out.. but only on this region. On other region I can play without this problem. Is there any solution to fix it or just ignore that region

Hello

I really enjoy Diablo II Fallen, but I have a problem. When I would like to make the Bloodforest chainquest the game usually freeze out.. but only on this region. On other region I can play without this problem. Is there any solution to fix it or just ignore that region

Hello! This happens to me too. I don't believe it is caused by the mod because I've always had this problem in this region.

Hey Flix, I'm playing the Barb and everything is going good, TOO good. In the aspect War Cries, we have Battle Orders. Battle Orders is amazing, and in an unbalanced way. The Battle Orders buff is similar to Grand Invigoration, by that, I mean you can buff it indefinitely with no real penalties besides the initial regeneration penalty which is negligible. The reason is, Battle Orders gives -2% to all CAs per level and thus negating the added increase to regen time penalty, which is +2% to all CAs per level. What you have here, is a buff where you can practically eat runes to your hearts content. The problem is, Battle Orders puts even Grand Invigoration to shame and you can reach ridiculous levels of attack % and damage % in no time. Just a heads up. I've had to restrict myself purposely and not eat anymore runes into this OP buff. I've already eaten 12 runes by level 13, and turned Inferno difficulty into my "female dog" already. I've had to use the character editor to roll back the amount of runes eaten back to 1, for sake of balance.

• Like! 1

Hey Flix, I'm playing the Barb and everything is going good, TOO good. In the aspect War Cries, we have Battle Orders. Battle Orders is amazing, and in an unbalanced way. The Battle Orders buff is similar to Grand Invigoration, by that, I mean you can buff it indefinitely with no real penalties besides the initial regeneration penalty which is negligible. The reason is, Battle Orders gives -2% to all CAs per level and thus negating the added increase to regen time penalty, which is +2% to all CAs per level. What you have here, is a buff where you can practically eat runes to your hearts content. The problem is, Battle Orders puts even Grand Invigoration to shame and you can reach ridiculous levels of attack % and damage % in no time. Just a heads up. I've had to restrict myself purposely and not eat anymore runes into this OP buff. I've already eaten 12 runes by level 13, and turned Inferno difficulty into my "female dog" already. I've had to use the character editor to roll back the amount of runes eaten back to 1, for sake of balance.

OK thanks, I'll rework the regeneration penalty/bonus ratio. Probably what I'll do is give the buff a normal-ish regeneration penalty and restrict the regeneration bonuses to modifications.

• Like! 1

Hello again Flix, I've still been going at it with your Diablo II Fallen mod as an awesome and addictive whirlwind Barb. I've run into another possible OP ability that is giving me a little bit of concern. It involves Bul-Kathos's Divine Might ability. It's a bit overpowering in the sense that it, for me thus far on Silver/Inferno difficulty, acts as an "I win" button. For example, I ran into the Griffon mini-boss and could barely hurt the darn thing and all I had to do was pop Bul-Kathos's Might and bam, instant win. The cooldown is rather short and anytime I'm in a pickle against an enemy I have no chance against, I just pop Might and it feels like an insta-win with hardly any effort. Having much experience of the original Sacred 2, this divine ability puts Testa's willow-wisps to shame, by far. I'm not sure if this ability balances out at higher difficulties, but as of now, as far as I've experience on Silver/Inferno, it's a free kill for anything and everything while using my low CD whirlwind/frenzy combo. Just a heads up.

• Like! 1

Hello again Flix, I've still been going at it with your Diablo II Fallen mod as an awesome and addictive whirlwind Barb. I've run into another possible OP ability that is giving me a little bit of concern. It involves Bul-Kathos's Divine Might ability. It's a bit overpowering in the sense that it, for me thus far on Silver/Inferno difficulty, acts as an "I win" button. For example, I ran into the Griffon mini-boss and could barely hurt the darn thing and all I had to do was pop Bul-Kathos's Might and bam, instant win. The cooldown is rather short and anytime I'm in a pickle against an enemy I have no chance against, I just pop Might and it feels like an insta-win with hardly any effort. Having much experience of the original Sacred 2, this divine ability puts Testa's willow-wisps to shame, by far. I'm not sure if this ability balances out at higher difficulties, but as of now, as far as I've experience on Silver/Inferno, it's a free kill for anything and everything while using my low CD whirlwind/frenzy combo. Just a heads up.

OK I've adjusted the values to start much lower and slowly scale as it levels up. I also decreased the duration to start at 12s like the other Divine Gifts. I may PM you a test version patch if you're up for it.

Sure thing, sounds fine :) Thanks for looking into it so quickly.

Edited by chimpoforevah
  • Like! 1

Sure thing, sounds fine :) Thanks for looking into it so quickly.

No prob, when you've been staring at the scripts as many years as I have, tweaking some numbers takes less time than typing this message. PM sent.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi just passing to say I am still playing this mod.
I mean I play even when I could play Poe, Diablo 3 or Marvel Heroes which is really surprising to me.
So this is a really great mod.I have a level 200 barbarian, is it normal that on free camain when going to the orc cave I now found a not-respawning mini boss The butcher instead of the orcs ?
I believe it will make this area less interesting at high level to farm, which seems fair because it was really too good compared to other farm locations.
About Tyrael, can it show on free campain mode ?

I use the free campain mode to respawn the guardians and baal to farm because I believe it's one of the fastest way to farm (when you have some life leech), reading your other comments do you consider this like cheating ?
Also what are the top fastest/best boss farming locations for set and legendaries at max level with a life leech barbarin with fast jumping ?

I want to farm for Kal' dur legacy (or the legendary blade with life leech) and kenka relics.Those are my end game BIS items that keep me playing.

So far I have played without the Inferno patch, but now that I have can kill last boss, I might try it.
Does the Inferno patch has more loot or better chance to find legendary ?

EDIT : last thing I use tooth and nail set for life leech but the Chance to fear opponents away is just awful, is there a way to remove it ?
I don't know why any player would want it.
Are there items with negative chance to fear oponents?

Thanks

Edited by laharl9999
  • Like! 1

Best place that I recall farming was constantly fighting the nameless guardians again and again. 4 of them plus the egg gave you 5 big drops in a short period of time and was easy to repeat.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I searched this topic and saw that a few people have mentioned using the save editor, can anyone verify that it's safe to use for this mod? Just wondering how carefully I need to plan my assassin, or if I can make tweaks should I screw something up.

Also, damn Flix! You are a busy man, thanks for all the amazing work on this game!

• Like! 1

I searched this topic and saw that a few people have mentioned using the save editor, can anyone verify that it's safe to use for this mod? Just wondering how carefully I need to plan my assassin, or if I can make tweaks should I screw something up.

Also, damn Flix! You are a busy man, thanks for all the amazing work on this game!

Thanks. The save editor works fine with characters created in D2F. The only problem may be that if you want to edit your combat art levels or modifications, the names in the editor are still the original names. So you'd have to figure out which ones correspond to the new versions.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...