[Dev] Diablo 2 Fallen mod for Sacred 2

Flix

Okay thx for the answer! :)

okay can I change the Sacred 2 language anywhere? or I have to delete sacred and install it again but this time in english:)

I dont want to reeinstall the game so I ask for a faster way :P

sorry for my bad english^^

Okay thx for the answer! :)

okay can I change the Sacred 2 language anywhere? or I have to delete sacred and install it again but this time in english:)

I dont want to reeinstall the game so I ask for a faster way :P

sorry for my bad english^^

The easiest way is to move the new file "global.res" from the folder "eN_UK" to the folder "de_DE". Almost all text will be English except for the names of non-unique items.

Is it possible to turn off the sound by

1. activating holy bolt (in my opinion it's terrible and doesn't fit to holy bolt, sounds like a laser)

2 if enemies die

3. if the shadow warrior start an attack alwasy ,uh'. It's annoying...

I tried to reduce the sounds in Sound Options - but I also want to hear what my char tell me :-)

sorry, but the rest is great :-) Meanwhile my Paladin is strong enough for killing all enemies and found lot's of good stuff!

Edited by muffin1

1. activating holy bolt (in my opinion it's terrible and doesn't fit to holy bolt, sounds like a laser)

2 if enemies die

3. if the shadow warrior start an attack alwasy ,uh'. It's annoying...

I tried to reduce the sounds in Sound Options - but I also want to hear what my char tell me :-)

sorry, but the rest is great :-) Meanwhile my Paladin is strong enough for killing all enemies and found lot's of good stuff!

1. Holy Bolt's sfx are pulled directly from D2.

2. These are the normal enemy sounds from Sacred 2. I haven't changed them at all.

3. Barbarian only makes vocals when using special moves, same as the Shadow Warrior. Again, they are pulled directly from D2 and the Barbarian's skills.

Is it possible to turn off the sound by...

Absolutely! :) All you need to do is replace the offending sounds yourself.

Holy Bolt's sfx are located in this directory of the mod: pak\fx\spells\junglemonster\t_ball\

Barbarian's vocals are in: pak\fx\spells\sk\sk_attacke also in sk_befreiungsschlag, sk_harterschlag, sk_sprung, sk_kampfruf, and sk_kampfrausch

Enemy vocals are going to be inside the five "soundhq.zip" files located in the "pak" directory of the game, since I didn't alter these in the mod

You would just go through each sound file and replace it with something that pleased you, or replace it with a silent track. Tracks would need to be in .ogg format. I use Audacity for audio editing.

You could also just edit soundresources.txt (located in the "locale" directory of the game) and/or soundprofile.txt (located in scripts/client) but I woudln't recommend that as it could get complicated.

Flix are you planning to translate the mod in other languages?

Hi Lila. I'm open to translations in any language, but I'd need someone to volunteer. It is a lot of work because I changed so much. Vampire has been doing the French translation heroically for weeks and weeks.

Hello everyone. Hi LilaGrey. More and more fantastic Flix. Lila I was gone a few days, and I just take the French translation. He now has the tools to translate into other languages. It is for us to help this great mod that is known to all.

Flix has you watched the mod: paralax effect. Would be compatible with your mod?

Crom is a big fan of your mod Flix. ;)

It might be compatible. I would probably only use it for the ground textures.

For those that don't know, Pesmontis made some alterations to shaders that allowed him to use height maps for textures, which adds more contrast & depth in surfaces that would otherwise appear quite flat (like terrain patches).

kzqPvBo.jpg

The result seems like it might be a good fit visually for the mod, but I don't know if it takes a toll on performance or if it works uniformly on all ground patches. I'd have to test it first.

Update #9 on New Creature Designs

No updates for a couple weeks but I've been busy with lots of new stuff!

D2F now has recreations of Diablo 2's Super-Uniques: Elite enemies with unique designs and names, that are less powerful than bosses but stronger than any standard/champion enemy.

Super-Uniques always spawn in the same place, as they are hand-placed on the map. Some are tucked away in remote places or as "dungeon bosses" while others guard familiar well-trodden paths.

I tried to be faithful to the originals. For example, if an enemy was cold-enchanted or extra fast I added those properties. I'm hoping to recreate most or all of them.

I'll start simple but some of this stuff we've got cooking up is going to be really exciting. I've recruited my friend and fellow modder Pesmontis to contribute some designs and that means amazing things are being made.

Rakanishu

Rakanishu is an exceptionally poweful Carver. Get too close and he will zap you with Charged Bolts. You can find him in Seraphim Valley.

Rakanishu_%28Diablo_II%29.gifEltYhHbm.jpg

Bishibosh

A fanatic Dark One with the powers of both a warrior and a shaman. Can be found in a Devilkin camp in the Copper Peaks on the road to Noriath Temple.

Bishibosh_%28Diablo_II%29.gifH8iQ22fm.jpg

Corpsefire

Corpsefire is an elvish zombie who lurks in the Thylysium Cemetary.

Corpsefire_%28Diablo_II%29.gifltoIbxim.jpg

Dark Elder

On the mountain range in the northwestern-most part of Artamark is a dark cemetary. Beside a mysteriously open sarcophagus you can find the Dark Elder.

Ghoul_%28Diablo_II%29.gifrqGvj3Dm.jpg

Stormtree

Find this giant Thorned Hulk living in the Marigold Fields of the swamp. As his name suggests he is a master of lightning.

Thorned_Hulk_%28Diablo_II%29.gifJRNkb2lt.jpg xIwUs9ct.jpg

Flamespike the Crawler

A humongous fire-rat living in Thylysium's sewers.

Razor_Spine_%28Diablo_II%29.gifPYAnvHvt.jpg

Eyeback the Unleashed

Eyeback the Unleashed guards the entrance to the Great Machine. Do not underestimate him, and steer clear of his attack that sends thorns shooting through the ground at you.

Eyeback_the_Unleashed_%28Diablo_II%29.giTIexyKWt.jpg

Icehawk Riftwing

This is an unusually large Fury living in the Crystal Plane. He greets you when you pass through The Portal (southern entrance).

Icehawk_Riftwing_%28Diablo_II%29.gifs3hu5h3t.jpg

Infector of Souls

In the old abandoned swamp fortress S'Suil lives a demon that is the essence of all that is poison and toxic.

Ventar_the_Unholy_%28Diablo_II%29.gifIQ5fYGct.jpg

Lots more updates to come, building up to a new release by the end of the month! :)

This is one of my favorite formatted posts you've done.

Keep getting surprised on how much you can push out of this forum's post display abilities

Eyeback the unleashed is awesome!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

It would be lovely if gogo would promote the new mods made by flix on the main boards, forum/wiki , so people may know about it without having a friend tell them. Will bring a increasing number of players to this forum, and probably restarting the interest of older players.

I was thinking about this as well.

Flix, were you thinking of one day adding a new section to the Wiki with all the content you have posted in in DarkMatters into the Wiki?

I could add a link to the Wiki's front page for you, that will link readers directly to the new section

gogo

• Like! 1

Also a great ideea would be guides on how to play the new classes, I know it will take time, but that way new people can play this custom classes without having to play the actual game. More information and more advertising will bring more people to this mod.

To flix: Have you ever thought on putting this mod to moddb.com ? It will bring more people to this game as well.

Edited by AngelShade
  • Like! 1

It would be lovely if gogo would promote the new mods made by flix on the main boards, forum/wiki , so people may know about it without having a friend tell them. Will bring a increasing number of players to this forum, and probably restarting the interest of older players.

I was thinking about this as well.

Flix, were you thinking of one day adding a new section to the Wiki with all the content you have posted in in DarkMatters into the Wiki?

I could add a link to the Wiki's front page for you, that will link readers directly to the new section

Basically how I'm handling mods on the Wiki is this: I maintain a list with links on the Sacred 2 Modding page, which is accessible from the Sacred 2 front page. The Item Mod is now part of the CM Patch, so that all has a place to be documented already. For Enhanced Spells I've been putting notes on the Combat Art page about how they were changed (with link) in the footnotes.

This Diablo 2 mod is a whole different animal though, since it basically reinvents and renames everything in the game. Honestly I would probably not copy all this info over to the Wiki, as it would take forever, and I already sink a lot of time into making these forum posts as it is.

What's more appealing to me is to feature it on the front page of the Wiki in the spot for news, like for a while it was Sacred 3 updates (which are still there). If I put together a video trailer for the mod would you be willing to put it there (and maybe bump out that old Sacred 3 trailer)?

And/or I could make a condensed page for Diablo 2 Fallen on the Wiki, with some basic info and links that lead back here, and you could put it in the "Featured Articles" section on the Wiki front page. :)

To flix: Have you ever thought on putting this mod to moddb.com ? It will bring more people to this game as well.

I tried to put Enhanced Spells on ModDB 8 months ago. It took a lot of time and effort to set up everything on that website. The mod was rejected outright with no explanation or correspondence. I'm not interested in wasting my time.

EDIT: However, I just noticed the NexusMods has significantly expanded their scope, and it seems I could start a "Sacred 2 Mod Nexus" so long as I contributed at least one working mod for download. A working mod... now if only I had one of those. Oh, wait, I have a whole slew of 'em. :)

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

hey

where to download the newest version of the mod with all updates ( update 10 also)?

These updates are yet to be implemented, these are just Preview updates , for things to come in the next version.

• Like! 1

To gogo : you could put up in the news section right on top of the forums advert this mod. That could be a start.

Okay, this can be done quickly... I can put an add/link maybe by end of today, I'll have Schot go over the coding for this as well

Good idea

gogo

• Like! 1

This Diablo 2 mod is a whole different animal though, since it basically reinvents and renames everything in the game. Honestly I would probably not copy all this info over to the Wiki, as it would take forever, and I already sink a lot of time into making these forum posts as it is.

This can probably be done, and we can help out... give me some time to think about how this can be arranged... for having it completely documented in Wiki would be hugely useful for anyone wanting to see how it's all put together in that kind of format, with all your work together.

What's more appealing to me is to feature it on the front page of the Wiki in the spot for news, like for a while it was Sacred 3 updates (which are still there). If I put together a video trailer for the mod would you be willing to put it there (and maybe bump out that old Sacred 3 trailer)?

Ayup... this is great idea...the old video can be moved elsewhere, and/but in it's place, I can replace it with video of the diablo mod in action... this is splendid idea actually, I don't think I've seen a video of the diablo mod in action, it would a huge draw and very exciting!!

And/or I could make a condensed page for Diablo 2 Fallen on the Wiki, with some basic info and links that lead back here, and you could put it in the "Featured Articles" section on the Wiki front page. :)

I can do this

gogo

• Like! 1

Ok cool! Ehrm...I guess give me some time to put together some stuff for the Wiki? Right now all my time is going into actually making the mod. I can envision making a good trailer taking some time as I'm not really video maker supreme.

I can take a night off this week and make a base Wiki page for the mod though. :)

• Like! 1

Sabre Cats and Slingers

Cat-like humanoid inhabitants of the Desert now appear in the mod. They spawn in the Bashade Plains as well as anywhere west of Khorum where there were formerly Du'Rach (all Sand Raiders are east of Khorum now).

Sabre Cats are the normal variants with melee attacks.

Huntress_%28Diablo_II%29.gifnji46qim.jpg

Slingers are the elites, who prefer to attack with throwing potions.

Slinger_%28Diablo_II%29.gifhRmOb4um.jpg

Bloodwitch the Wild (super-unique)

Bloodwitch the Wild bars the way south from the Desert into the Jungle. She conjures up dust clouds and can heal herself. When she casts the berserk aura her scythe melee attacks are faster and do more damage as she loses health.

Hell_Cat_%28Diablo_II%29.gifL4QTk73t.jpg

Not exactly the catgirls we were looking for, but given the limitations of modding for the game, its close enough. Though the model could do with some retexturing to more resemble big cats.

Happy to hear you found some new models for the game.

Edited by SX255

Just a quick question here...

Ive just started the mod and am curious, are any of the creatures from the Diablo universe in the current version?

Not a single one. :) The creature sub-project was started about 1 month ago, just after the current release was made public. If you wait about 1 more week, I will release the next version with all the new monsters. You can continue on with your save games after the update.

Not exactly the catgirls we were looking for, but given the limitations of modding for the game, its close enough...

Happy to hear you found some new models for the game.

Thank you. One big limitation of a cat person is that a tail would need to be animated, or it would likely look really weird. There's no thin-tailed humanoid creatures to borrow animations from in Sacred 2. Otherwise something like the Maenads from TQ may have worked quite nicely.

Though the model could do with some retexturing to more resemble big cats...

What's that I hear? A volunteer? Yes sir, step right up!

Sabrecat tex

• Like! 1

Though the model could do with some retexturing to more resemble big cats...

What's that I hear? A volunteer? Yes sir, step right up!

Sabrecat tex

That's great and all, but I cant get the texture onto the model. I end up with an odd red glow. Could you give me the working moded version from above?

redglow.png

I cant get the texture onto the model.

I guess it might help if you have the surface entries. :closedeyes: BTW it's set up to use High Elf animations so you may be able to just replace the HE model for testing in game.

surface entries.txt

• Like! 1

Wow, cool! That's a cat face alright. You're right about the leg armor. I think the high heels are more noticeably out of place with the bare leg look. I'll try giving her some fur.