Sacred 2 on sale at GoG (80%) off

How are [GoG] able to make them drm free.... does Deep Silver give them permission at this point?

As I understand it, yes, they do get permission from every publisher. Sometimes, they even get some help with removing any DRM.

• Like! 1

was Sacred 2 one of the first with DRM? I remember the huge and massive fracas there was when it came out... no problem for most of us, but for the privilleged few, it seemed a nightmare

:)

gogo

yeah...there was a huge FECAL MATTER!storm in the German part of the forum. people from Ascaron shows a massive patience by discussing that point.

surprisingly...I never have had any problems with activating, reactivating my game! :D

The DRM on my Sacred 2 Gold disk gave me a huge problem. I couldn't even get it installed. Before GOG came out with their release, I had to resort to downloading Sacred 2 despite owning a legit copy of the game.

• 1 month later...

Sacred 2 is on sale at GamersGate. It is on sale for $3.75, which is almost the same price as the last GoG sale. Sorry to keep updating this post, but with the new Diablo 2 Fallen Mod I thought maybe some new players might show up.

http://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/310/deep-silver-weekend​

Actually very glad you posted DaveO. This site's pretty much one of the only ones out there left in the universe with great fondness and activity for the game. If any place does it, it's gonna be members here at DarkMatters

Thank you, and good luck and welcome aboard to all the new players for the Sacred Franchise!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna take the dive on this one, then. Now let's hope it can actually run on my crappy 2011 laptop :-)

If you're ok with turning down all the bells and whistles in the game's graphics settings it should run quite smoothly.

I know Tunngle works, so that is likely your best option if you want multiplayer. Most folks I know of are using the Community Patch 1.50. I don't know about the popularity of other Sacred 2 mods like the Diablo 2 Fallen mod.

• Like! 1
  • 3 months later...