Sign in to follow this  
Knuckles

Don't Starve

Not really a new game but one that recently has come to my attention. and I blame Essjayehm as being totally responsible :P

I would see him log onto to Steam and play Don't Starve all the time so it got me curious. After checking out the game on their website I decided to give it a shot.

It basically a survival game though starving doesn't seem to be an issue yet. I die a lot to various creatures found and having low sanity which I found out is a bad bad thing. Hopelessly and helplessly lost on most of the mechanics in the game so far but absolutely love it.

The game simply throws you in with no tutorial and no explanation on how things work. While it can be frustrating, it is also very rewarding when you figure stuff out. So far I've avoided looking at the wiki for any help.

It's different than most games I've played...but it's a lot of fun so far. One thing that may detract some is it's basically Hardcore. You die, all progress is over. You start from scratch.

The game is hard to describe without showing a few vids. Watched a couple form MathasGames. His vids do a good job showing early gameplay without really spoiling much.

Episode 1

Episode 2

• Like! 2

I really like the art style. And it's cool how there seems to be no real instructions on how to play. Very nicely put together, at least in the links you put up.

Ahhh, HC eh...

*gulp*

gogo

these HC-Modus are used in many "survival"-games these days like DayZ and other... I am always laughing, when reading from frustrated players, who died too often! :D they should have played this mode before! ;)

• Like! 1

the more I think about it, the more HC has made games really mean something

enter flappy bird

enter pain

:blink:

gogo

• Like! 1

Great game :)

Multiplayer for it is currently in beta, that should be awesome when it comes out.

• Like! 1

Great game :)

Multiplayer for it is currently in beta, that should be awesome when it comes out.

Re MP...wow!

:)

gogo

Well got up to day 34 so far before Winter got me....this time I starved...monster meat = bad thing, but had nothing else. Guess I really need to concentrate on winter clothing and farming as early as I can.

I forgot I had a beta key for DST, does anyone want it?

It's like vanilla DS (no Reign of Giants content), but currently without caves or adventure mode.

Oops, watched the videos a little closer, changed my mind, sorry.