Nostalgia hit...

I would like to add two people to this list:

- slevin to the greatest grinder...I don't know how often he and Dima beat the big machine! :D and always helpful (smithing, rushing, gifting items)

- Vanyllla for colourizing the forum (probably only the german part) ;)

• Like! 1

Nostalgia hit...
Have been fooling around with Sacred 2 during the past few days, and I got a big nostalgia hit... Just thought I would vent it off here for a bit...
Why Sacred 2 was a great game?

Watch the intro closely. Looks great, doesn't it? Now imagine that: it doesn't even factor in 10% of the togetherness this game brought. Despite its glitches, it was fun and addicting as hell - and kudos to the devs: even though the game was dying, they left the servers on for as long as they could, and I can tell you: even within the dying days of the MP, we could still gather a 12 man server, just to trash everything one last time.

This group of people really drove the game forward:

- Gogoblender, the Dryad lover, and the part-time Treehugger

- Schot and his High Elf

- Chrona (Inquisitor) and Dima (Dryad), two of the biggest levelers/grinders I have ever seen. I think they hit max level before anyone else.

- RyanRocker and his Inquisitor

- Knuckles and his passion for creating support characters to help everyone (I still have his shopper network)

- Dragon Brother and his Inquisitor

- WraithKing and his Shadow Warrior

- chattius and his Dragon Mage

- Flooxim and his Seraphim

as well as people like Erling, r00ster, katran, Barristan, FrostElfGuard, claudius, Stephane, and all others I played with...

And of course my favorite Seraphim builds:

This: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/17562-seraphim-build-for-advanced-sacred-2-players/

and this: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/11988-a-comprehensive-guide-to-the-bfg-seraphim/

Vent over, thank you for reading.

A grand and good vent!

Sometimes I'm still able to get glee from those feelings all those years ago. This really was the first game I played online, and the SIF was the first forum I ever saw (never even know those things existed!) and I remember mulling over it's pages and peoples' posts for hours upon hours reading, reading reading...and for the longest while, maybe a month or so, didn't even play...until HC, when Nightfear (was that his name?) put up his pic of a hc seraphim at uber high levels, and pandora's box was open.

So lucky to have gotten into the right gang of peeps, Great list you put together here Dobri, and who doesn't remember the top ten best weapons in Sacred 2 guide? ^^

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/16102-sacred-2s-top-10-best-unique-weapons-guide/

:)

gogo

I would like to add two people to this list:

- slevin to the greatest grinder...I don't know how often he and Dima beat the big machine! :D and always helpful (smithing, rushing, gifting items)

- Vanyllla for colourizing the forum (probably only the german part) ;)

Ah, those guys kept raising the bar... Slevin put some real numbers into this game for the uniques...I think he must have collected more than a hundred of them?

:blink:

gogo

Aah nostalgia! But mine goes back even further to the great days of the original Sacred and the hardcore servers. They were the days and were my very first introduction to MMOs. If it wasn't for the great people I met there when I first timidly went on line and died almost immediatley I wouldn't even own a computer anymore let alone still be playing RPGs. They rallied around a newbie that no-one knew and took me into the family, made equipment so I could survive, mentored me until I knew how to play the game and were always ready to stop what they were doing and come running when someone needed help. Great days and great people who will live in my memory forever.

Believe it or not, the very first person I ever spoke to in any online game was Carolyn_Hacker! She introduced herself to me ingame, asked was I a new player and when I said yes, she called in 'the family' and I was hooked on the game and the people!

Do you remember the first iteration of HC for this game...where if you died, your body would just lie there out in the cold, and the call would ring out to the servers, someone would have to bring in a high level toon of theirs to pick up your stuff and, cuz they were usually nice, would give it to your next created character?

That was cool

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

Aah nostalgia! But mine goes back even further to the great days of the original Sacred and the hardcore servers. They were the days and were my very first introduction to MMOs. If it wasn't for the great people I met there when I first timidly went on line and died almost immediatley I wouldn't even own a computer anymore let alone still be playing RPGs. They rallied around a newbie that no-one knew and took me into the family, made equipment so I could survive, mentored me until I knew how to play the game and were always ready to stop what they were doing and come running when someone needed help. Great days and great people who will live in my memory forever.

Believe it or not, the very first person I ever spoke to in any online game was Carolyn_Hacker! She introduced herself to me ingame, asked was I a new player and when I said yes, she called in 'the family' and I was hooked on the game and the people!

Do you remember the first iteration of HC for this game...where if you died, your body would just lie there out in the cold, and the call would ring out to the servers, someone would have to bring in a high level toon of theirs to pick up your stuff and, cuz they were usually nice, would give it to your next created character?

That was cool

:gogo:

gogo

I never went down that route Gogo, I really did play hardcore. When I died I literally started from scratch. I still do play hardcore in every game I can, which has earned me a reputation for being a very strange in certain MMOs I still play.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

I think he must have collected more than a hundred of them?

I don't know if his "shoplist" is still available, but I think it were around 600 uniques and over 100 epic items!

I also remember my first time in Sacred HC...entering the island and...didn't really "see" it. the ground was filled with gold and items over and over and a few people running, jumping,...over it and chatting. after a few minutes I gave me a hit and ask "could I probably have that one item, that would help me a lot?"... :blush: ...I guess you all know the answer..."take all what you need and if you won't need it anymore...give it to the next!"

good old times... :drinks:

• Like! 1

Oh yes, the good old times :)

Gogo, I do remember that top 10: took me a while to write it, along with tons of considerations and perusing a ton of wiki pages and such... But it was so much fun writing it.