Does anyone play Life is Feudal:Your Own?

I'm not posting this to plug Life is Feudal: Your Own, which is why I'm not including any links or videos. I'm just curious if anyone else here plays, especially because I've seen a few people mention games like DayZ and Rust. I bought this right before I was planning a system upgrade. When I saw my son kicking and flipping around like a madman in Jenn, I thought "better hold off on nonessential things like new computers for a bit, Connor looks hyper as all get out, and he's only half way done." But I downloaded the game the other day out of boredom and the fact that I can't handle any more Grim Dawn for a while, and my crappy little Alienware 15x laptop seems to be handling it with only nominal lag. I usually play on the Utopia and Every Man is an Island servers, but if someone's got a good server, I'd be happy to start another character to help out with a settlement or something like that.

• Like! 1

I got it in my Steam-wishlist, but haven't decided wether or not to buy it. Main reason for that is, that the game is something you really needs to do with a group. But I'll keep an eye at it. ;)

@ Gogo: Nope. It's a more a life-simulation set in the Dark Ages.

Full title of it is: "Life is Feudal: Your Own".

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

It IS more fun in a group, Thorin. I only play on two servers, but what I've seen is people starting out solo to get a feel for the mechanics, then coming together to form towns after they've honed their skills. I live PvE servers, so minus the occasional griefer, my ony worries are hunger (until I get my little farm up and running) and nature. I've upset a pack of wolves, so they are my biggest worry right now. Turns out that you can't pick a fight with nature when you're only equipped with a wooden shovel. Once the game evolves more, I see more PvP happening, but for the moment, people seem to be just keep to themselves. The community seems to be far nicer than Rust and DayZ.

I got it in my Steam-wishlist, but haven't decided wether or not to buy it. Main reason for that is, that the game is something you really needs to do with a group. But I'll keep an eye at it. ;)

@ Gogo: Nope. It's a more a life-simulation set in the Dark Ages.

Full title of it is: "Life is Feudal: Your Own".

oookay okay, here's the trailer... lovely saturday afternoon here eh gents

:)

gogo

So, I've been thinking.....

*waits until all those who ran away have returned*

....if there are enough members here being interested in the game, we might as well set up a DM group. The game got some of the Elder Scrolls elements in it - and especially Skyrim - so it may be a lot more familiar to newcomers as it seems at first glance,

After all, two - or more - farmers with a pick are better suited to kill a pack of wolves as a single farmer is. ;)

Disadvantage: sooner or later some players have to evolve from farmers in other occupations and not everyone might like that.

The problem I see is that not everyone would like a more realistic world: there's no magic and mythical beasts. Also, it's early access, so you don't have access to personal appearance and gender yet, some of the higher skills like pikes aren't implemented yet. What I also see on the internet in general is confusion as to what LiF:YO is. LiF:Yo isn't one giant MMO world, it's broken up into a ton of servers. Eventually, LiF:Yo owners will be allowed a token for one of their characters to join the MMO , which will indeed be one giant world with thousands of people running around. I'll never join the MMO, but I'll probably always be on a LiF: Yo. As far as the evolution aspect, if you start your own server, have it password protected, and set the skill cap to max, you don't have to worry about evolution. You and 63 of your dudes could do whatever you wanted; whether you wanted to be a group of happy farmers, or have a giant castle with everyone having a different job, or even just a group of simple shelter dwellers having one massive battle royale. Oh! Your friends could get together, build one giant castle, then have nonstop tournaments. The LiF:Yo servers aren't going to be taken down after the MMO launches, which is why I bought the game to begin with. Well, that plus I'm tired of MMOs that have an Asian aspect to them, they all look like that Lost Arc MMO I saw on here. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'm tired of that. I wanted my toon to look straight-out Anglo-Saxon for once, and that's what LiF:YO gave me. Granted, he's an old, wrinkled, bald, Mr. Magoo lookin Anglo-Saxon. Since I already own the game, I'd start my own server, figure out a clever name and password for it, and invite anyone here, but that would make me a GM of the server. I don't want to be THE MAN, I have too much responsibility in the real world. If you get enough people together, Thorin, I'd be happy to be whatever you need on your server. The bad part is, like most games with servers, I'd have to start over fresh, I can't import my toons to different servers. But if you start a server,you GOTTA set the skill cap to max. A lot of dudes set it to 1500, and you reach that pretty quick if you're the jack of all trades type. I reached 800 skill points just by fishing, hunting, planting trees, mining, and leveling the ground enough to have a plaster shack. I'm always happy to show someone the ropes. I'm always on the every man is an Island. I have several different characters, but I always use the surname O'Teel. I just won't be on for a while today, Step Brothers and Hot Tub Time Machine marathon is on today.

Seen it mentioned on another forum I visit, intrigued me, but haven't played it yet. I'll def lurk around here to see if anything grows on DM with this game. I'll have to check sysreq tho

• Like! 1

DreD and I decided to buy the game and to give it a try. So far, things are running nicely, although creating and joining a server was a bit troublesome. Considering we both had to turn off our firewall, that is.

If anyone in Europe would like to join us, the server name is Hansa Rich.

It's password protected, but I'm prepared to give it to those who contact me by PM.

I'm not certain if we're going to play at a regular basis, considering work in RL; however, next planned session is:

Sunday, December 14th, 1200 hrs CET

After some problems, a new game is created called Hanse Rich 2 (Yeah, I know, very orriginal). ;)

Password is still available by PM for those who'd like to join.

Based upon my experiences, the game is fun. Especially when you play it in Co-op.

It's one of the slower running games you encounter; even if learning skills is set to turbo boost; however, it's the joy of exploring what you can do at a certain time, the way the skill system works, the various professions you can choose and several things more, that makes this game fun to play.

Currently DreD and I are more or less setting up a place to live. Which means: flattening ground - yeah, we got the tools already - gathering the needed resources and building.

When that's done, we're expanding into more professions, meaning DreD is aiming at mining, smithing and construction; while I aim at farming, woodworking and construction. And probably herbalism as well.

So, anyone who wants to join in, is free to choose one of the skills, as long as we know it. By the look of our "test-game" being more or less experienced (say level 60) in all skills benefits a char even more. That is, when playing in a server with a few people. The more people are in a server, the more specialized one can become.

A new session is set up tuesday December 16th. Time is probably going to be early evening CET.

id like to add that anyone joining will get his own full complement of iron tools, and you wont be idle for long ( to much to do :) ) we're usually playing in the evenings ( CET ) and tend to play till fairly late.

still figuring out a lot ourselves but what we know we can share :)

ps. maybe the thing I like the most .. there are NO zombies in this game ( only behind the screen after 8 hours straight mining :P )

Edited by DreDBanGeR

as I told Thorin via Steam, the game is on my wishlist and I hope it will be part of the xmas sale on Steam. if the price drops to 10€ I will be in! ;) maybe I am too oldschool, but 20€ is imho too much for an EarlyAccess-Game :blush:

btw...I didn't noticed this thread so far, because I didn't understand the name :cstars: thought it meant this kind of (real) life simulation from asia

Edited by Dorimil
  • Like! 1

btw...I didn't noticed this thread so far, because I didn't understand the name :cstars: thought it meant this kind of (real) life simulation from asia

Good feedback

I've expanded the acronym in the title for clarity

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

not sure if it will go on steam sale.. but for once I don't mind paying a bit more for an early access game :)

even tho not everything is implemented and there are some issues, long loading time for server side and some lag even if you are running the server, the overall feel of the game and the build in emergency - you really need to find food fast/ you really need to get crafting early- gives me ( at least ) a boost of okay .. im here .. lets do this attitude, something I miss in a lot of games where you sometimes micromanage your skills just to find you screwed up 10 minutes later.

you can actually decrease your skills if you need points elsewhere.

and the graphics aint half bad either.. I'll try to shoot some screenies later to show what we've been up to

Edited by DreDBanGeR
  • 2 weeks later...

DreD, Dorimil and I had our first joint session today.

Although Dorimil has to get used to the game, I think things went pretty well.

All three of us got our shacks build, a few Kilns and furnaces are up; meaning we're able to both store items, as well as creating metals - if we find any - the first part of the farming area is done and area's for a couple of other buildings are flattened.

We still got a lot to do, so if there are people prepared to join us; feel free to let us know.

We're playing at a private server at Central European Time.

The game is named Hansa Riches; password is available by PM'ing DreD or me.

Hope to see more players soon! :D

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...