Quetzal's First Strike

I have a level 75 version of the sword(Silver or Gold difficulty) on one of my multiple "mule" characters. The main problems I see are two-fold. #1 - I don't know how to upload anything here since the instructions I was given don't work. #2 - Given the high level of the sword I'm not sure you'd be interested in it especially if it came from Silver difficulty.

• Like! 1

I only play in the offline mode so I can use item editors to get the sword to the desired level. It's just a matter of finding a download source or getting it to drop.

Also, since I only play offline I have nothing to trade since I download most everything I need off the forums. I wouldn't feel right taking an item you got legitimately for nothing in return.

I am having some issues with the item. It's stats are fluctuating depending on the difficulty level almost like a set bonus modifier. Also the bonuses seem lower that some of the screenshots I have seen of the item. I maxed the item level out and its bonuses are about half of what you see here. Is this some kind of glitch that I can fix?

S2Uniques.png

It's stats are fluctuating depending on the difficulty level almost like a set bonus modifier.

This is how the game is designed. Level 194 Silver will have significantly weaker bonuses than level 194 Niobium. What difficulty level are you in?
  • Like! 1

I make my characters in Silver, then use the Character Editor and Item Editor you can find through here to modify their them and their equipment for Niob. The thing that is throwing me is that, when I use the editor to equip other characters with Niob level equipment, the bonuses on the items don't change if I move up and down difficulty level with the exception of the Set bonuses since those are directly tied to your difficulty.

It is a weird quirk that I have only noticed with Quetzal's. The screenshot I posted was from a Googling what the stat bonuses of Quetzal's are supposed to be and a level 252 item in Niob is giving me half of the stats that the sword in that pic is giving me. I tried reinstalling the game to see if maybe that would fix but the problem still persisted even in the vanilla version. Let me know if you need some screenshots and I can provide them.

There's one very important thing you're missing here, and I apologize for not mentioning it earlier, because I've been playing so long I forget some things aren't obvious. When an item bonus is unlocked by a skill, it scales with more points invested in the skill. And every bonus on Quetzal's is unlocked by Sword Weapons. You want higher amounts of the bonuses, invest more skill points in Sword Weapons. See the guide on the Wiki: Influence that Skill Level has on Locked Item Modifiers.

That being said, I can't say anything authoritative on how accurate the Item Editor is when creating and modifying weapons. As far as I'm concerned, you're in no man's land with that thing, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if your results are inaccurate or incongruous compared to gaining an item through normal gameplay. Not that I have a problem with the editor, as I spend most of my time seeing how I can mess with the game, just don't expect sure-fire results with it.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

That is probably what it is then. The meddling I do with the item editor leads to accurate item traits. This is the only time its been vastly different from what I was expecting.

I originally created a Seraphim with Dual Wield and one point in Sword Weapons to use Boneslicers but I wanted to try the Quetzal angle based off an article I read about combining weapon skills with Dual Wield. The Boneslicer with the one point invested and the boosts from items seemed pretty accurate compared to the pics I saw posted of its traits. I was a little miffed when the Quetzal didn't seem to be as strong as I thought it was so I figured it might be a glitch but that answers a whole lot.

• Like! 1