How do I play Sacred 2 free roam mode?

how do I play a free roam mode, I have played on multiplayer free roam but I can't use any of my characters for singleplayer it says character saved but campaign not saved, is there away to play on a free roam mode and campaign on singleplayer

Cheers haydn

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for. Campaign and Free World are separate modes, and therefore mutually exclusive.

You can play your SP toons in Free World but no quest progression is saved. That's not a problem though, because that's the point of Free World.

• Like! 1

As lujate said, playing in freeplay will not save quest/campaign progress, but playing mp or sp campaign will so you can play the campaign with friends. Of course depending upon who creates the game, if the campaign is progressed beyond your level when you join an mp game you will not save any progress.

• Like! 1

Regarding free play and single player, I just discovered that free play can be used to unlock all of the regions for single player. Start a LAN free play game with a single player character, go to Start Island and select the region you want to visit. Go there and activate a resurrection pylon. Save and exit out from LAN play. Restart the game in single player, and your character will appear at the new region pylon from the LAN game.

This was a great find, now I can visit places like the Swamplands without having to slog through the Main Quest just to get there.

The old hands probably all know this, but newer players may find it useful..

Edited by CapnTucker
  • Like! 1

but visiting the swamp with level 1 could be a deadly experience! ;)

Agreed. I went there with my level 20 Dragon Mage, and it has been a non-stop slugfest. Thank goodness for the Berserk skill (and lots of health pots). I will say one thing though, by the time my DM leaves the swamp he will be a god-like being.. :bow: