Elite GFX Pack: System Specs?

I tryed the Elite GFX pack long ago with my old Vista computer, and it turned the game into a slideshow. I couldn't afford an upgrade at the time, so I uninstalled it and forgot about it.

My new(ish) PC has considerably more horsepower than the old one, and has been running Sacred 2 with nearly everything maxed out, so I thought I'd give the Elite pack another try. It will run now, but there is still a lot of slowdown.

For those of you who are running it without issues, what are your system specs?

My specs:

W7 Ultimate w/SP1

AMD Athlon X4 @ 3.80Ghz

GTX 660 Superclocked w/2GB RAM

8GB DDR3 system RAM

Edited by CapnTucker

Sacred 2 has got a problem with memory leak at VRAM and tthe Elite GFX multiplies that. so I really don't think, that you ever will be able to use the Elite GFX without any problems (smaller or bigger ones)

Sacred 2 has got a problem with memory leak at VRAM and tthe Elite GFX multiplies that. so I really don't think, that you ever will be able to use the Elite GFX without any problems (smaller or bigger ones)

I was afraid of that. Yeah, I am well aware of the memory leak. Every couple of hours (sometimes longer), the game will crash, usually on area transitions. Most of the time I will start getting slowdowns as a warning sign (but not always). Truth be told, after installing the elite gfx, I could not see much difference, other than rocks and pavement looking a little more detailed.

I've heard that the game looks better with SweetFX, which is not a resource hog. I may give that a try..

there are also posts from user, which could play over hours without any problems...I never understand why. I tried the Elite GFX after release with an SLI of two 8800er GTX or GTS (I don't remember! :twitch: ) and got problemes. so I deinstalled it...

Edited by Dorimil

I may try again when I upgrade my vidcard. A GTX660 should be enough, but apparently it is not. I'll just leave the elite gfx installed but deselected. Maybe someday I can use it. On a side note, I tried the SweetFX, and could not see any difference. I tried the Skyrim Post Process Injector also, but that made it look worse. Too bad, as the injector has made a lot of other games look better.

Oh well, the Sacred 2 default graphics will just have to do..

Edited by CapnTucker
  • 1 year later...