Real Life Easter Bunny FOUND and Captured!

As far as I know the Killer Rabbit was successfully hunted down by a young Dachshund dog ;)

67583_web.jpg

A bit more than a century ago giant rabbits were breeded in Belgium with a weight around 12 pounds. By crossing them with german meat rabbits they were breeded into something with up to 25 pounds. They are called Deutsche Riesen /german giants here.

When I was young nearly each family had some in our area to recycle the biologal waste from a kitchen into some tasty meat. Very calm animals, no fear that they run away. If I wouldn't see them as a future meal instead animals to play with - I would have kept some for the kids.

I think the quest was added by a patch. Is it in the console version too?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Easter_Bunny

The dog and the rabbit in my picture are friends and playing with each other.

As I said they are not even rare. They grow fast, need not much food and were welcome after the war years when food was rationed. The outer leaves of salad, the roots and heads of carrots, all the veg stuff which wood be thrown away was fed to meat rabbits.

When I was young we had white ones. They were preferred by my grandpa because you could loosen the fur quicker when slaughtering: tasty meal and the fur sold to a tanner who coloured it with leopard or whatever patterns.

I considered Deutsche Riesen rabbits to get rid of kitchen waste, but I feared that the kids would run amok if I would try to butcher one of her pets. So currently we have horses :)

Do a quick search for Deutsche Riesen and children and you get so many pictures that you know it is not photoshopped. Extrem wide angle lenses in some cases but not photoshopped.

deutsche_riesen_weiss.jpg

monsterkarnickel_620x349.jpg

VAREL_2_140ba889-9079-4d22-810d-97ee136f

Just looked at the website of the closest animal shelter: they have one with 21 pounds to give away ;)

If you consider to get one: make sure that you are in an area without dazzle flies or other parasites. They are not able to drive flies away or hide from them in rabbit holes.

I need~!

• Like! 1

Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting vewy warge wabbits.. :lol:

Ya know... Bugs Bunny is rather tall for a rabbit... He MUST be one of these oversized wabbits.. And if that's the case Elmer Fudd is a midget.

I woul love to raise some of those giants rabbits for meat, but I am afraid I would be condemned by most of society here and hunted down like frankensteins monster for doing that...

Delta!

This thread makes me hungree...

Burrawong-farm-rabbit.jpg?itok=wizZ0HfK&

:)

gogo

I woul love to raise some of those giants rabbits for meat, but I am afraid I would be condemned by most of society here and hunted down like frankensteins monster for doing that...

Delta!

NAH.. Not by most of society.. Only by militant Vegans.

Delta!

Any one who feels that "shame you are gonna kill your poor bunny rabbit and eat it? That is terrible!" And then they will come with their silly(understated) arguments like "will you eat your cat/dog/parrot/hamster/etc? Well it is the same thing really!"

I won't be bothered by their remarks really. Because I will know where my food came from and what it consumed and how it lived...

Delta!

You talk to the wrong people. Visit a home for seniors and listen to their stories:

An old lady told the story of her wedding. She was engaged in 1941. Her man became POW in early 1942. They married in 1947 (which was a misharvest year) soon after he came back. All the people were surprised how much and how tasty the served rabbit meal at the wedding was.

Some days later the neighbours started to wonder why some of their stray cats were suddenly missing...

My grandparents said: Who never had hunger will never know what people eat when they are real hungry.

My grandma used to teach survival to us kids: animals, plants, mushrooms, .... all what would be eatable. For us it were nice biology lessons. For her it were lessons she learned the hard way by being forced to walk through half europe without any food after the war. She never told us the real reason for her teaching when we walked with her. Only years later when we had kids ourself she told about her war and more so after war experiences.

• Like! 1

Ugh, militant Vegans, I'm pretty sure those jerks poisoned my animals, and I wasn't even raising those critters for food, that upsets me beyond description. Well, the cows I was raising as food. But what had happened was I was going through town right after Easter one year, and I found a cute little Lionhead sitting on a curb, hutch and all. I understand getting a pet for the kids and it not working out, but the concept of thowing unwanted animals out as garbage absolutely disgusts me, so I ran an ad in the paper, and ended up with a lot more animals than expected. I had planned on maybe a few rabbits, puppies, and kittens, I have experience raising those. But I also ended up with a few lambs, ponies, and critters I had never even heard of (like loaches, bearded dragons and an axolotl, which are strange little buggers). So my eleven acres was pretty hopping for a while.

Anyway, one day these Vegans show up on my farm. I'm pretty sure they were Vegans, they addressed themselves as such and had a ton of bumper stickers and gave me a bunch of literature. They asked me if I was running a meat market, and I told them the truth. The Angus and Jerseys were mine for food, everything else was unwanted Easter animals. I understand getting an animal for Easter that doesn't work out and some times stores don't have return policies and adoption agencies have fees. I just didn't want to see animals in the garbage. So, I bought unwanted pets and gave them to loving homes. That was a substancial financial loss to me, but I love animals as pets just as much as food. Anyway, the Vegans got hung up over the fact that I couldn't be sure some of the critters I was giving away weren't being eaten, and a few days later, all my outside animals were dead, I'm sure they were poisoned, that was a mess I'd rather not get into. THAT really pisses me off. Now, the lamb probably would have been eaten, but who's going to eat a Shetland pony? You got to be a sick soul to poison animals just because there's a chance some of them might be food. Tolerance is a two ways street: I respect those who have differnt dietary beliefs and lifestyles than mine, but in return I expect the same respect as I give. I don't know poisons, but it's gotta take a lot of it to poison a Jersey. And my poor pony :( She'd follow me around around like a puppy.

Delta!

Any one who feels that "shame you are gonna kill your poor bunny rabbit and eat it? That is terrible!" And then they will come with their silly(understated) arguments like "will you eat your cat/dog/parrot/hamster/etc? Well it is the same thing really!"

I won't be bothered by their remarks really. Because I will know where my food came from and what it consumed and how it lived...

Delta!

Yeh.. I had 2 Militant Vegans on my facebook page a while back. Bloody annoying. The whole "Meat is Murder" thing was getting out of hand. SO.. I came up with a plan... I counter posted this:

LEGUME LIBERATION LEAGUE

The one Vegan who spoke and read English had a hissy fit, called me ALL manner of names and unfriended me instantly.. ROFL. The other one is still on my friend list - tho she is Italian and her English comprehension sucks. Her Meat Is Murder themed posts have mostly gone away and she is now more into defeating animal abuse. Like finding homes for cats and dogs. The critters she tries to help are in Italy - and getting them to the US is a bit too expensive.. but I support her actions.