New Notebook!?

Yoshio

Hey there!

As I could get any answer down in the Diablo III part of the form I hope, I'm at the right place now for asking this!?

Lately I started to play Diablo III - Reaper of Souls in parallel to Sacred and as I do so, I have no problem with it as a I'm playing on my PC.

But from April on I will be on a Sabbatical Year which I will spend in Japan. Because of that my PC has to stay at home. As my notebook has already come to age, I'm wondering if it still would be usable for to play Diablo III or if it would be better to search for something new. The thing is, as always, I don't want to spend too much money for a new Notebook!

First what I could find out:

Requirements for Diablo III:

Win XP / 7 / 8

Intel Pentium D 2,8 GHz or higher -> recommended is a Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz

AMD Athlon TM 64 X2 4400+ or higher -> recommended is a Athlon TM 64 X2 5600+ 2,8 GHz

Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT or higher -> recommended is a GeForce 260 GTX

ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or higher -> recommended is a Radeon HD 4870

1 GB-Ram or higher

My old notebook runs on:

Win XP Home Edition

Intel Pentium M 1,73 GHz

GeForce Go 7600

1 GB-Ram

Alternately to a new notebook I was thinking of if a barebone, cube or mini PC could also do the trick!? Anyway, it should be something which is transportable and affordable as I don't want to spend more than 400,- € for something new.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• Like! 1

something like that: http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/notebooks/acer+aspire+e5+551g+t0kc/refcampaign_id/nbb=ntb99

your old notebook is...well..."outdated" doesn't fit anymore... :lol:

edit...ups missread...thought of 500€-limit...sorry

400€ and gaming? difficult... the problem is that the graphic devices in that range are a little bit weak, mostly has got only GDD3-RAm and also mostly only 1GB dedicated...and if you think of having fun a couple of years with it...

btw...one year in Japan...nice!

Edited by Dorimil
  • Like! 1

If the cost of laptops are similar in you neck of the woods to Australia (hard to say....) then I'd imagine that you should be able to get something capable running D3, it's not something that requires insane power to operate at lower graphics and since a laptop will usually have lower screen res it's even easier!

Perhaps keep an eye out for what you can get at the upper range of your price limit and then if anything better drops below that on sale? That will give you the max for your money, but conversely you may be able to spend a little less and be ok...

• Like! 1

Cheers guys for your feedback! Much appreaciated!

By now I already found out that 400,- € might be a bit unrealistic and therefore I increased the price range up to 500,- €.

Therefore the Acer Aspire already looks quite good to me.

Once again, thanks for your help and feedback!

Just gonna chime in here. I recently got an upgrade as far as laptops go. It's a Lenovo unit, an Ideapad S510 Touch.

This one comes with a Core I3 dual core chip running at 1.7 GHz. 6 GB of RAM, Windows 8.1 on a 500 GB HDD. It's got an Intel HD Graphics chip set.. And in addition to all of the usual laptop stuff - it's got a touch screen as well.

This unit is off-lease, and has been refurbed with a clean copy of 8.1 installed. I got lucky - got it for 250 Euro (give or take). Average price now is a bit higher on Ebay, going for around $500 USD. (450 Euro)

Not entirely 100% sure how well D3 would play on this, but Warcraft III plays very smoothly. OK.. maybe not the best comparison.. LOL But the numbers are there.

• Like! 1

Cheers for your input, Wolfie! I will spend part of this weekend to search for a new one and see what I can come up with!?

And yes, I'm already very excited because of my Sabbatical Year and going to Japan. During my time at the university I already always had wanted to go to Japan for longer than just holidays and finally this is coming to get true!

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, for those interested, I finally made a decission and I will go for a MSI GP70 notebook as I can get a good offer for it.

Once again thanks for the help and input!

Did you get it? Is it giving you satisfaction? You did a lot of research here, hoping it meets your expectations

:)

gogo

I got it yesterday. But as it had been already late and as the notebook did come without an installed Windows, I will deal with it this weekend.

So far, at least the delivery time of the shop had been very good. Ordered on Tuesday, received on Thursday. :)

As soon as I have any real feedback, I will let you know.

• Like! 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay a bit late but I hope better that than never!?

Anyway, I'm using this notebook now for a while and I have to say that I'm fully satisfied with its performance. Although I have to be honest in saying that I haven't yet plaid Diablo III all too much on it but it works perfectly fine with XCOM, Sacred II, Civ V, Torchlight and some other games.

I'm happy that I made this choice back then!

Your post has gotten me looking at note books lately... but tablets are SO nice regarding size... maybe one day tablets will have thee power to play our kinds of games?

:dance:

:drool:

gogo

That's saying a lot. The game was never really optimized in the time it came out. I remember trying to get the thing to run in a monster computer at the time, and still, memory leaks... lol Sacred's legacy...

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. Can you run the game in super elite graphic mode with the laptop?

p.s. Can you run the game in super elite graphic mode with the laptop?

I was able to run Sacred 2 with elite and physics with a GTX8800 in these days, so it should be possible (beside heat problems...)

• 3 months later...

I just got a new notebook.

MSI GP72 6QE Leopard intel 6th generation Skylake i7.

16g DDR4 ram

1tb hdd

17,3" screen

geforce GTX 950M 2gb graphics

and Windows 10 home basic

The OS is a bit of a curve for me to learn now... Last OS that I actually worked with was XP, a bit on Vista( nightmare) and very little on Windows 7... never even saw Windows 8.

I really badly want to install Sacred 2, I don't own the disc and product key... but I do have the disc and product key for ice and blood... if anyone can help?

Delta!

Edited by Delta!