So...Is Unbended still being made?

Yeah, they are still going... just will less frequent updates... at their own pace... and budget.

It's just in that phase of "actually build the stuff which we can show people". So it will be a while before we hear from them.

That's how software development goes.

• Like! 1

Sadly it is this way: first have something to show. I think it would be less costing to do contains first and after this adapt the game to the then uptodate graphics, sound and OS version. Else you may have to redo the graphics and such.

• Like! 1

I wasn't updating on their site anymore but they somehow replied to my Tweet (Thanks to the #Sacred3 hashtag lol)

unbended_characters_teasers_gameplay_sac

It's definitely coming out

They are backed by serious fans here, :D

lotsa love and support, just them saying they were going to make this game got them thousands of Euros, which they even returned, preferring to, instead, work at their own pace.

I'm sure when they finally have enough to start gathering again, it'll take off, and if they can crowd fund with one of the better known and fancy crowd fund systems, it'll be a game in and of itself.

Go Unbended!!

:superman:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good News for all :)

Next week we will start the year with some new fresh Info. And we allready have the stuff for the next 3 to 4 month ready ;)

Hope you will enjoy.

Kind regards,

PyxeL

Thats awesome news PowerPyxel, thank you!!

:dance:

gogo

at the moment there is no possibility to donate...so it doesn't matter...but keep your eyes on it...nobody knows what will be in the future!

I could kick my ass to not donate for a skull for Dark Matter s tomb...thinking too much about it! :blowup:

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, here's something to watch out for.

After a few years' break from Sacred 2, and from ARPGs in general, I picked it up again, and was once again overwhelmed by one of the more fleshed-out titles of the genre. Sure, we have the successors of the granddaddy of all real-time ARPGs, Diablo and its successors, and we have some strong contenders in the category for good, if not amazing, ARPGs... But overall, they're just vehicles for loot piñata-ing, without thinking any deeper than that.

But just reading the Crafting post... If the devs can pull off enough expansive gameplay elements like that, blurring the line between deeper but slower turn-based titles, while maintaining the hectic realtime gameplay that makes ARPGs great... I pray to whatever deity/deities may exist that Unbended doesn't exceed its hype train, and we see this stuff come up in the final game (no offense to the devs, just been burned by too many overhyped games that fell far short of their targets, completely removed proposed features, etc.), because it could easily make a mark as one of THE definitive isometric ARPGs.

I've always been a numbers guy, even while still preferring having the instant feedback of watching my guy or girl attack stuff when I tell them to, not end the turn and watch a cutscene, and/or basically watch a series of dice rolls (please don't point out that ARPGs have dice roll mechanics like chance to hit, procs, crits, etc., you'll ruin it for me). So if we can get an ARPG that explores the more creative, number-oriented side of gameplay, while maintaining the visceral combat... Sign me up!

Edited by angrytigerp
  • Like! 1