Question about a movie that I can't remember the title of

Gilberticus

There was a movie that came out in 2005 or 6ish that's supposed to be romantic, but it turns out to be scifi. Long story short, it's about a time traveler who travels back in time to save a woman from like a car accident, except he has amnesia. All he knows is he has this woman's picture or drawing, and he knows she's important but can't remember why. So you go through most of this movie thinking this guy is just totally off his nut; he has parents and a psychologist, but all the people in his life that are destroying his credibility turn out to be other time travelers. He gives some type of trick for being able to tell whose from the future, it has something to do with their names, like how many syllables their name has, or something like that. Does anyone have any clue as to what I'm gibbering about?

• Like! 1

Doesn't ring any bells.

Could you go more into details about the plot? Was it a US movie, or from another country? Are there any unique things in the story, other than "amnesia" and "time travel"?

There was a movie that came out in 2005 or 6ish that's supposed to be romantic, but it turns out to be scifi. Long story short, it's about a time traveler who travels back in time to save a woman from like a car accident, except he has amnesia. All he knows is he has this woman's picture or drawing, and he knows she's important but can't remember why. So you go through most of this movie thinking this guy is just totally off his nut; he has parents and a psychologist, but all the people in his life that are destroying his credibility turn out to be other time travelers. He gives some type of trick for being able to tell whose from the future, it has something to do with their names, like how many syllables their name has, or something like that. Does anyone have any clue as to what I'm gibbering about?

Glad you found the movie.

Hate when that happens to me too... and google is hard to use in cases like this, we have to keep trying and trying... I still find it better to ask others... for now, google comes in second for questions like this

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Glad you found the movie.

Hate when that happens to me too... and google is hard to use in cases like this, we have to keep trying and trying... I still find it better to ask others... for now, google comes in second for questions like this

:)

gogo

At least your search is limited to decades of well documented material in a single universal language.

You don't want to know what hell it is to track down something in foreign language or worse, from some plagiarism era. I have spent years trying to track down an old 90s Russian comic book that scared me as a kid.

Dam was it a cool story - UFO alien naga crashes on Earth in Medieval times and goes on a bloody rampage through a whole castle. I just forgot how it ends... :sob:

• Like! 1

You may want to have a look at b-movie websites. I found quite a lot of movies from those times.

Ahh, this is clever... Is there one that is the most comprehensive that you use?

Good seeing you Trust

:D

gogo

These sites work if you search english spoken movies and use english search terms. Often movies run under different titles to make all complicated.

A title was translated, but for the translation title no name or brand rights were requested. Then someone else got the rights and the old movie had to change title...

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You may want to have a look at b-movie websites. I found quite a lot of movies from those times.

Ahh, this is clever... Is there one that is the most comprehensive that you use?

Good seeing you Trust

:D

gogo

I like http://www.badmovies.org/

There's a list of reviews with a short plot summary, which is helpful when you don't really know what exactly you are looking for.