A friend just gave me Sacred 2

Hello my name is Rick. Have played sacred for many years (Maybe a little to much at times). Had my wood elf at level 247 then dumped it and started a dwarf that is level 89 now. Only multiplayer game I have played is guild wars 1 (another I played a little to much) have 6 accounts and 98 characters there and almost each character is level 20.

This morning a friend gave me savred 2 that he had bought for his son but his son didn't it. Just loaded it and ran into trouble and couldn't play it so did a search for answers and came upon your site and read many great suggestions so I joined. Will be here often I can tell.

Anyway I will continue my search on here for my proublem with the game.

• Like! 1

It might help us to help you if you would list not only your system specs but also exactly what the problem is and when it occurs.

It's been years since I last played Sacred 2 but there are many on here who know quite a bit about how it works and how to get the most out of it.

Welcome to Dark Matters! :)

• Like! 1

Thank you spock. I uninstalled sacred 2 and will wait till next month and get the sacred 2 gold off of GOG. I just found out about that site from one of the posts on here and went to it tonight. Great games there. I just bought Everwinter nights Diamond. Each month I will buy another game. Love the old games. Also next check I am going to buy the elder scrolls anthology off of amazon.

• Like! 1

I was a little disappointed in the Elder Scrolls Anthology. I wanted full install CD/DVDs but the package only contains Steam installers for the later games. :(

That being said, I have been playing a lot of Skyrim again. There is a website that has literally thousands of Mods that will work with the Steam installation of Skyrim. It's the Nexus mods and community website.

• Like! 1

Welcome to DarkMatters!

GoG is a great source for games. there was an article about them in the latest game magazine in Germany with a lot backround information. How they work to get a titel to their shop (license investigation, bug-fixing,...). So the version of theme hospital, that EA presents in Origin at the moment is the repaired and fixed version of GoG! ;)

And I am sure we will get your Sacred 2 running! :D

• Like! 1

Hello my name is Rick. Have played sacred for many years (Maybe a little to much at times). Had my wood elf at level 247 then dumped it and started a dwarf that is level 89 now. Only multiplayer game I have played is guild wars 1 (another I played a little to much) have 6 accounts and 98 characters there and almost each character is level 20.

This morning a friend gave me savred 2 that he had bought for his son but his son didn't it. Just loaded it and ran into trouble and couldn't play it so did a search for answers and came upon your site and read many great suggestions so I joined. Will be here often I can tell.

Anyway I will continue my search on here for my proublem with the game.

Hi Tulshulty

welcome to DarkMatters and the future wonders of Sacred 2!

:)

gogo

Hello Thanks for the welcome.

Would it be better then to buy the dvd of the elder scrolls instead of getting them off of steam? Is there something you miss between the dvd or steam?

Thanks for the site spock I put it on my fav so can go back to it.

When I played Morrowind on my old pc I had a great mod that I used that gave me a talking willful sentient seeming sword that level up with me. It was a great sword.

That Unbended looks like it will be a cool game when it comes out next year.

started playing Dink smallwood again "A funny free rpg with lots of mods". Still makes me laugh.

Kept sacred 2 installed now that the windows 7 font trick worked and can play it. I tried that on a few other games that was having troubles with and it worked on them also. I will still buy the sacred 2 gold next month on GOG or should I just buy the exspansion for it?

Just bought sacred 2 gold on GOG for $3.99. They are having a sale. I picked the right time to join them. Now I will uninstall the one my friend gave me and install this one. Good thing I hadn't gone very far in it.

Just bought sacred 2 gold on GOG for $3.99. They are having a sale. I picked the right time to join them. Now I will uninstall the one my friend gave me and install this one. Good thing I hadn't gone very far in it.

You should be able to save your characters if you want.

I've been hoping Sacred 2 would go on sale. I'm having DRM issues with my original copy I bought years ago.

Nope they have been have a huge sale starting yesterday. Selling 2 games each time till they run out then they switch games. A lot were 9.99 selling for 1.99 and 19.99 selling for 3.99. I have bought a lot of games in the last day. They had sent me a email because I asked to be on their list if they have sales. It's still going on.

Some of the games they only have 50 in the sale and they fly fast. I found out the hard way that you have to buy it at the time it is selling to get the cheap price. Missed out on 2 real cool games that way by holding them in the checkout instead of paying for them right then. Have bought lot of rpgs and building games. A still buying. lol

Hello lujate. Were you able to get the game before it finished its sale?

Not this time. It's not the end of the world though. My copy plays, I just have jump thru hoops to get it started.
  • Like! 1

Have a ?

I bought the sacred gold 2 off of GOG and it gave me 5 files. 1 setup sacred 2 gold and 4 setup sacred 3 gold media files (bin).

I clicked on the setup and it installed the game but is there anything I do with the 4 media files? Do I put them into the sacred file?

The .bin files just contain all the data. The .exe file is the installer that pulls the data out of them and installs it on your system. Nothing else you need to do with the files. I'd just back up the whole thing somewhere so if you ever want to install it again, you don't have to re-download it.

• Like! 1

Cool thank you flix. I copy all my game files to thumb drives and onto a external 2 tb hard drive so I always have 2 backups incase lose one. Also once a year I put everything onto a blue ray rw disk. Last year I picked up a external blue ray rw player for the pc for 54.00.

I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and put in the CM patch and that font file. Seems to be working now like it should. I start where I saved and I can read the text.

Edited by tulshulty
  • Like! 1