Damage mitigation \ minus chance to hit, help please

I have 46 dual wield pelting strikes seraphim. Queen of blades build roughly. Looking at toughness or reflexes . Any thoughts on this or direction would be appreciated. I plan on going to Niob. I have saved about 25 skill points and the open slot.

My second part question is how does the game calculate defenice. Will evasion work with mitigation and armor. Or is there a better defense system for this build. She pretty much rolled through silver. Is crushing orc cave in gold. But I am sensing trouble in future.

Skills taken off the top of key head
Ep. 5
Bargain 46
Tactics 20
Dw. 1
Armor lore 10
Exalted weapon focus 20
Constitution 10
These are rough hard points. Have about plus 20 inall skills

Tux for any and all help. Sorry for my typing skills.

Hello Deadmeat

Sorry I can't help I haven't played sacred 2 yet but will be getting the gold next month off GOG. Sounds like you have a cool character though and would be interested in hearing how it progresses till you have it set up to your liking. Is there much difference in playing it on the xbox then on the pc? I have played a few games on both the old xbox and the pc "Morrowind" I liked the mod abilitie of the pc but liked the play abilitie of the controller of the xbox.

Torchlight I much better like it on xbox 360 then on the pc.

seraphim has set pieces with mitigation so it is a good way to go. Mitigation is not a diminishing return. Unlike evasion or deathblow. and another interesting thing is that going from 50 to 75 cuts damage you in reality take by 1/2. Mitigation going 0 to 25 it only reduces 3/4 of base damage. So mitigation is the opposite of diminishing returns.

Combat reflexes is good also though. The minus crit is the big deal. The reason it is good is it prevents damage spikes. Spikes are more dangerous than steady hits.

If you go mitigation go big or go home. Mastery of tougness and gear specced mitigation. Combat Reflexes isn't too bad 1 pt wonder on the other hand because 1 pt reduces crit a fair amount and relieves the melee spike damage.

• 2 months later...

Im having the same problem or should I say dilema aswell on my last skill pick. I've been leveling a new toon soon to hit level 65 and can't decide if I should pick constitution as my last skill or combat reflexes. The toon im lvling is a inquisitor using the staff build from Tapir template but I didnt choose the same skill set as he did since im playing softcore and im planing on going to Niob for those equipment boosts for future chars and Smith arts. I've put all my attribute points on Vitality, and dunno if I should really use constitution at all but I only seem to get a good hp pool is when im mounted, thats why im indecisive about it. Im specced into spell res. and thoughness, armor lore for mitigation alone + atribute points on vit is this enough for Niob at later lvls ?

Also I modded Purifying Chastisement Buff diferently from him, I chose damage gold mod instead of damage mitigation.

@ nomad13

I always pick constitution. Energy shield characters can get away with it. The inquisitor gets good physical damage mitigation on his gear so with spell resistance and toughness you don't need reflexes. Also you want to put points into toughness and armour lore (mastery for unlocking damage mitigation). With damage mitigation you go all in. Points in reflexes will be wasted IMO. Plus with constitution picked you can go 1; 1 vitality and intelligence.
If you do skip constitution get a belt with + HP and an amulet or two with + HP and vitality.
btw I usually pick hallow on PC Buff - works well with mystic mod if using levin array.