Is there a mod fix for the font size?

Hello

Started playing sacred 2 gold downloaded off GOG and downloaded the CM patch. Everything is working fine except 1 thing, well really 2 things but they tie in together.

The font is so small I have to lean forward to read the text. Dropped loot, what people are saying, The item screan ext..... I have tried changing the res and the AA but nothing works.

This has mostlikely been answerd somewhere on here but so far I haven't found it.

I can read the text in sacred 1 no problem.

Is there a mod to fix the font size?

I put it in pak then started the game the fonts were larger but I couldn't move anywhere. I could shoot and kill the people but no moving then it crashed. I restarted 3 times with same results. I took the folder out and then it workd normally maybe I did something wrong.

I was just thinking it might be conflicting with the change I made in the locale subfolder like Bleachfan said in the change fonts in game topic in mods. I use Cacophony Loud font in both of the places the bleachfan said. So would the font that I pot in the pak since not the same font as in the locale mess it up do you think?

Also I have noticed that every time I save and exit when I restart the game I am back at the beach where you start. I still have everything collected and still lvl3 just that I start back there. Is that normal till you reach a certain stage in the game?

Nope it doesn't seem to matter where I save every time I start the game I am back on the starting beach. Also I died and it didn't res me and I couldn't find any way to reload a game like in sacred 1 so I closed it down and restarted game but when I did the save was after I died and was no longer playable. Had to make another character. Glad I only paid 3.99 for this game in case have so much trouble with it. Not giving up though.

Remove your changes that you made to the fonts yourself. Try the file I uploaded again.

Also try editing your posts so you don't make a long string of posts in a row.

Edited by Flix

Resurrection spots have nothing to do with text modifications. It's a separate issue.

Are you saving at ressurection stones (the big glowing monoliths)? If not, you'll always respawn at the starting point of the game. Saving only saves your character. Though, they can put you back at the spot you last saved, but only if the manual save (by that I mean hitting the hotkey for saving) was the LAST thing you did. For example, if you save, and then run around for a while, and then exit, you'll still start back at a resurrection stone, or in your case, the beach, because it doesn't sound like you've used a monolith. If you hit the save key and then exit immediately after, you'll start back right where you were standing.

Yes I have used the res stone. I have done both the f9 save and the other and it doesn't seem to matter I still restart back on the beach and also this morning it has started to jump me back to the beach in the middle of a fight. I shoot the blowpipe or bow and suddenly I am back on the beach. Has Happened 3 times today all in different spots.

But at least I can read the text now without having to lean in close and get a headache if play it more then 15 min. lol. Thanks again flix for all the great help.

Edited by tulshulty
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Steph said:

Tried the font folder and it work perfect. Sacred Gold with CM 1.60.

Helping out a player on the forums

A perfect first post...thank you ! 

And welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...