So when Speed Lore's mastery is "further increases run speed"...

Does that mean that each point increases it a greater percentage after 75 compared to before 75 (as the Wiki's chart suggests to me)? Like, pre-75 you get say 0.1% per point, every point from 76 onward adds 0.2%? (Not sure of actual numbers, can't be bothered to do the math ATM). Or is there some flat speed bonus applied at 75, and if so how much?

I know that choosing it is a bad-ish choice for a skill, especially given that you can find mid- and end-game gear that just has +RS tacked on (in my defense, I haven't played it in like 2 or 3 years, so I had forgotten this and wanted to stop being so damned slow when on foot), but with that in mind... I just wonder whether I should quit now while the number of points invested in it is relatively low?

As an aside, what IS the speed cap, and how quickly in the game will one likely find enough gear to max it out? Or do you HAVE to have at least a few points in SL to hit cap without specifically using gear that might have great +RS stat, but be weaker overall than comparable gear at the same level?

I just want to go fast without using my mount all the time (can't use dem buffs)

Edited by angrytigerp
  • Like! 1

Some rare footwear has the +speed% bonus

See here for more detailed info. You can even see the detailed per skill level result.

Basically if you want to travel faster than normal, use the skill. It will also give you attack/defense bonus.

By level 75 you'll be able to run 9% faster and double your attack/defense chance.

By level 200 you'll run 19% faster and have 2,8 times more attack/defense than normal.

If you plan to ride on horses and epic mounts everywhere (+60% speed), due to a bug this will increase your travel speed further.

• Like! 1

Some rare footwear has the +speed% bonus

See here for more detailed info. You can even see the detailed per skill level result.

Basically if you want to travel faster than normal, use the skill. It will also give you attack/defense bonus.

By level 75 you'll be able to run 9% faster and double your attack/defense chance.

By level 200 you'll run 19% faster and have 2,8 times more attack/defense than normal.

If you plan to ride on horses and epic mounts everywhere (+60% speed), due to a bug this will increase your travel speed further.

I've always understood (at least, from researching it back a few years ago and reading a couple threads in the past week as a refresher) that the A/D Rating bonus is negligible, given that it's raw numbers (+XX rating) rather than multiplicative (+y%) bonuses. Since I'm playing a CA-oriented character with my first toon (Sorc from the D2 mod), Attack rating becomes even more moot.

Not trying to be snippy, but as I asked, do you know the on-foot run speed bonus limit? Even something like +25% would be nice. I'm trying to shy away from mounts unless I'm traversing long distances and/or filling my map, as having to get down means time wasted activating buffs (which my build more or less requires. Can't remember if you can buff on class specific mounts, but even if so the regen penalty would still make me leery).

SL and gear bonuses do NOT stack, right? Say cap is +25%, I take SL to 200 for +19% and use +10% boots, I'll still only get 25% and not 29%, right? (Numbers are obviously made up, but just go with it)

Edited by angrytigerp

Untitled.jpg

Run speed is THE stat that decides my shoes.

My TG is level 105 with armor lore. So I get full effect of the run speed of +25.2%

Keep checking your speed by hovering the mouse over you level in the top corner. If you use any items over your level, your speed may drop.

Untitled2.jpg

Don't know about stacking, but only the shoes effected that stat while I was on horse and wheel, even though I travel significantly faster on them.

• Like! 1

150% is maximum for run speed on foot if I can recall correctly.

If that's correct, than just having good running shoes should be enough. No point in taking the skill.

Agreed, though if he's playing my Diablo mod as I think he is, I increased the max run speed in the game by 3x so the skill may actually come into some use as you're unlikely to hit the cap with just gear.

• Like! 1

Personally, I don't see the Speed Lore skill as a wasted skill pick. Take the Inquisitor as probably the one character who would get the best benefit. Added attack/defense bonus, plus the multiplication by Soul Reaver, plus a ring like the Bar'Tenders ring and I don't see how you can't have an attack rating in the tens of thousands. Granted that would not be a permanent bonus.

I just checked the Sacred Wiki, and the Inquisitor can also choose Alchemy as a secondary skill thus providing another boost to the attack rating.

Edited by DaveO
  • Like! 1

Personally, I don't see the Speed Lore skill as a wasted skill pick. Take the Inquisitor as probably the one character who would get the best benefit. Added attack/defense bonus, plus the multiplication by Soul Reaver, plus a ring like the Bar'Tenders ring and I don't see how you can't have an attack rating in the tens of thousands. Granted that would not be a permanent bonus.

I just checked the Sacred Wiki, and the Inquisitor can also choose Alchemy as a secondary skill thus providing another boost to the attack rating.

Speed lore increase attack/defense by a %, same as soul reaver. Easier to get chance to hit other ways, and if you pick the evade mod of reverse polarity (+XX defense) that synergises amazingly with soul reaver (+X% defense) to let you hit hundreds of thousands in attack and defense without speed lore (I used to see 0% chance to be hit regularly playing my inquis).

• Like! 1
  • 10 months later...

150% is maximum for run speed on foot if I can recall correctly.

If that's correct, than just having good running shoes should be enough. No point in taking the skill.

Agreed, though if he's playing my Diablo mod as I think he is, I increased the max run speed in the game by 3x so the skill may actually come into some use as you're unlikely to hit the cap with just gear.

I am playing Diablo mod so I am wondering if I should take this skill for my barbarian .Does Speed Lore stacks with all other gear bonuses ?

Are there diminishing retuns or +25% from gear +19% form speed lore =+44 % ?

Thanks