Gonna introduce myself, I suppose.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Kyle, handle online angrytigerp or just Tiger (for reference, I prefer being called Tiger online, I have something about what I call "internet friends" addressing me by my IRL name, especially since I rarely hear my first name anymore besides). The reason I rarely hear my first name except for family is because I am a U.S. Sailor, going on 2 1/2 years in about 2 months, and most people address me by my rate (ET3) or last name. I promise I won't get offended if you prefer using "Kyle", though.

Prior to my federal servitude, I was a student at the University of Wisconsin (the main campus in Madison, not a satellite), where I studied history with a focus on 19th century Europe.

I'll be honest and say, as my profile states, that I originally joined this forum just so I had an account to download mods. That said, having already had a great question answered regarding Sacred 2 gameplay (and more likely to come as I get back into it), as well as my curiosity in the Unbended project, I'll probably be around here and there.

• Like! 1

Welcome to DarkMatters.

Hope you also find as much enjoyment and friendship as I have in my 5years here.

Delta!

• Like! 1

As an interesting side note, I actually first experienced Sacred 2 on my Xbox 360 in college, must have been... what, 2010ish? The Gamestop there actually had some really great guys working there, one of the clerks listened to me asking if there were games for the 360 that had a lot of variety, basically like Diablo 2 (I don't think 3 was out yet) but on consoles. He recommended Sacred 2, saying even then that it was a niche-y title.

I remember picking Temple Guardian, and giving up like 20 minutes in, controller... well, controls, just didn't click with me. But then, about the same time I tried Titan Quest for the first time a bit later than that, I noticed Sacred 2 come up in a Steam sale. While I had no fond memories of it, given my toxic 360 experience, I still impulsively bought it, just because ARPGs are ARPGs, right? Promptly forgot about it, until I was in one of my "what do I play next...?" modes, and I'm 99% sure that this was in my junior year (2012-2013), as I remember playing it late into the night, hoping my roommate didn't wake up, and I moved to a one-bedroom apartment in my senior year. Anywho, I got into it, and once again chose TG... and this time, stuck through it until I beat the game. But I was just too burned out to play through it again, despite my promises to myself in the first few days.

Fast-forward to about two months ago. Again, picking up old titles, I got back into Warframe. This sparked my interest in stat-based RPGs again. Remembered my Kickstarting of Grim Dawn, played it for a bit to see where it stood (it's doing good, if you're curious). Looked through the rest of my games... Diablo 3, can't play on the ship... Same with PoE... TL2, fun, but even with mods it feels too simplistic... Sacred 2. Huh. Haven't played that one in a minute.

I google the community patch (I remembered that much at least), and out of curiosity/couldn't remember whether they existed, look up mods. Wait, a DIABLO 2 MOD for Sacred 2? Promptly download the crap out of it, install... and now about 50 hours into a "Sorceress" playthrough, and still keeping the hankering for trying every class unlike last time.

That's my little story. Glad to share.

Edited by angrytigerp
  • Like! 1

Greetings and welcome to DarkMatters, angrytigerp. I also served in the US Navy but for a little longer than 2½ years. I have three copies of the game myself and have just reloaded Sacred 2 Gold on my new PC to try to get into it again.

For some reason Skyrim keeps intruding ...

Hope you find everything (and everyone) you need while you're here. :)

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1

Hi and welcome from a fellow ET...ET 'A' school still in Great Mistakes?

Glad you found us....waiting on Unbended here myself though my recent indie title splurge will keep me occupied for awhile

• Like! 1

Hi and welcome from a fellow ET...ET 'A' school still in Great Mistakes?

Glad you found us....waiting on Unbended here myself though my recent indie title splurge will keep me occupied for awhile

Sure is. Actually kind of ruined my post-boot camp experience, since they had that phased liberty crap and I couldn't leave the base for like 2 weeks, and then couldn't stay out overnight till I had almost graduated. Especially painful, as home was Milwaukee, WI, only about an hour away from TSCGL.

Edited by angrytigerp

We didn't get liberty after boot camp til we shipped out of Great Lakes, the base was on lockdown. I graduated boot camp 9-12-01, so that kind of screwed up liberty for a while.

• Like! 1

We didn't get liberty after boot camp til we shipped out of Great Lakes, the base was on lockdown. I graduated boot camp 9-12-01, so that kind of screwed up liberty for a while.

Ouch. That was a bad time, I would guess.

Still (and I hope you'll forgive me for the mild levity, but hopefully you also understand my branding of humor given your background), it must have made you feel like a hell of an American to have already been in boot camp when... you know. Kind of like people already in the service when Pearl Harbor happened, and not just bandwagoners hopping on the patriot train, yeah?

Edited by angrytigerp

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Kyle, handle online angrytigerp or just Tiger (for reference, I prefer being called Tiger online, I have something about what I call "internet friends" addressing me by my IRL name, especially since I rarely hear my first name anymore besides). The reason I rarely hear my first name except for family is because I am a U.S. Sailor, going on 2 1/2 years in about 2 months, and most people address me by my rate (ET3) or last name. I promise I won't get offended if you prefer using "Kyle", though.

Prior to my federal servitude, I was a student at the University of Wisconsin (the main campus in Madison, not a satellite), where I studied history with a focus on 19th century Europe.

I'll be honest and say, as my profile states, that I originally joined this forum just so I had an account to download mods. That said, having already had a great question answered regarding Sacred 2 gameplay (and more likely to come as I get back into it), as well as my curiosity in the Unbended project, I'll probably be around here and there.

Well written intro, Kyle, glad to see the downloads section, this quirky game and the fabulous community has made a convert out of you.

Happy to see you here on the boards with us, and delighted that Unbended seems to have a new follower... bets on this is the good game we're waiting for.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Levity doesn't bother me, I'm a light-hearted guy. You know the veterans that walk around with a permanent scowl on their faces; "Military is an ultra-serious responsibility, you don't wear our nation's colors to have fun, this is a life and death matter. All light, joy, and fun should be drained from your mind and soul.....blah blah blah"? That wasn't me. Yeah, there were serious times, I was an FMF Corpsman, I dealt with life and death and blood n guts every day. But I never lost my sense of joy and laughter. Yeah, that period was kind of bad, but I never felt so alive as when I was in service. I never felt like such an American. And, when....... "it" wasn't hitting the fan, I've never had so much fun. That's probably the best advice I could give a young service member: be adaptive. There's a time to be serious, but there's also a time to have fun. From my experiences, those dudes who couldn't crack a smile to save their lives and couldn't have fun if it sat in their laps were the first dudes to blow their fuses. That's why I've been there and back and don't have the mile-long stare when I'm asked to recall those days. I have other thoughts, but I've had a little too much sugar and coffee this morning, getting a little jittery. Plus, we have a fetal NST appointment in an hour or two, so my mind's in other places.