Underworld - Looking for the highest DPS possible....

Hello. =) I have played through silver, and have yet to start gold. I want to roll a new character, and I was wondering what class does the most damage. I am looking for something that can wipe out mobs very quickly with Area of Effect, as well as something that can dish out decent single target damage for bosses. I have tried every class but the gladiator. my highest is a battlemage, which was really good. I appreciate any and all advice given. thank you.

• Like! 1

High welcome to darkmatters

Sacred is a bit too long ago for me sadly. I used to play a jumping vampiress which could do immense damage in the AddOn. But I don't know if she was the best.

• Like! 1

Alot of the strongest damage builds require uniques (Aarnums fiery blade, ettol rahc bow which reduces physical resistance) which are hard to get single player.

Daemon would be up there as most damaging - played Therions death from above build. Kills mobs quickly.

Gladiator with ettols, multi hit and dagger stare is really strong as is Wood elf with ettols, multi shot and ancestors. Battle mage using fire spiral combos kills bosses fast.

Haven't really played the dwarf or seraphim much to comment.

• Like! 1

In Sacred1 I used to play a hybrid seraphim (sword + celestial magic).
Her CA "Celestial Light" do a massive Area of Effect damage, especially if combined with "rotating blades of light".

Another massive damage dealer is the Dark Elf. "Poison mist" and "explosive charge" do a very impressive Area of Effect damage! You'll definitely make the lands red...

Edited by LilaGrey
  • Like! 1

Hello. =) I have played through silver, and have yet to start gold. I want to roll a new character, and I was wondering what class does the most damage. I am looking for something that can wipe out mobs very quickly with Area of Effect, as well as something that can dish out decent single target damage for bosses. I have tried every class but the gladiator. my highest is a battlemage, which was really good. I appreciate any and all advice given. thank you.

I go gaga for DPS :crazy: I've never actually played the Dark Elf myself, but have played online with other players who were using it, and it was excellent with cleaning up. Schot also put together a very unique hybrid build, with melee and fire magic using byleths and WIDD... yes, your life bar would flash red as the hits came in, but with one hit, you could destroy and leach it all back...not for the faint of heart, but lovely to play

And yes, BeltloopRuskins, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

He actually used that WIDd build for a couple of different ideas, here's one of the really wild ones... at once point we were all able to run across the screen abreast tearing up everything in site

oh, those wonder years

gogo

My best is the Gladiator. If you have the full Raane's set, you get Heroic Courage as a buff. If your HC is levelled up properly, he becomes truly unstoppable. I also level up the Dagger Stare a lot. With Dagger Stare I often kill NPCs that are not even on the screen. Then for a great finishing move I use Stomping Jump or Attack. For melee fighting I use Attack. One of my favourite moves to gain XP was on Hell’s Ridge (I did this even on Platinum Level). There is an area where a lot of Sakkara demons congregate. I would go there and get them to surround me. Then I would do a single Stomping Jump. They would fall down like a flower blooming. :lol:

To give you an idea of what Heroic Courage brings to the table: in Niobium level, my Attack without it was about circa 4000 – 5000 points, with it, circa 15000 – 16000. My Defence without it was circa 3500 – 4000 points, with it circa 12000 – 13000 points. Now this is all from memory (the HDD that had that profile crashed, and I am still trying to revive it), but I do remember that the HC increased both my Attack and Defence a multiple of 4x to 5x.

Edited by DeonCruywagen

Welcome aboard BeltloopRuskins!

gogo, are those red flashes what I think they are? (I never played S1.)

Ayup... closeness to death... and that red ring is a regular feature of the build.

He is using Byleth's, for the burning bone, hundreds of percents of WIDDs all socketed, and basically very little defense. He has to also run around while keeping his health points low... the extra damage coming out of WIDD is multiplicative, not like in Sacred 2... with the multiplicative damage... at aroud a quarter to a third HP you can chop a SIGNIFICANT amount of HP from a monster... and if yer leech is good, get back some of the hp you lost if the target took a swing at you. Not much survives when up against a WIDD build...but seeing the red circle of death going on all the time is ulcer inducing.

I think there was some testing of WIDD builds with gladiator ranged? Probably Oblivion had that going, will see if I can find that.

gogo

I can't remember even the german monster names. In the underworld addon was an area with a lot of bugs. A jumping vampiress could affext the whole area, spliited every bug into two and sucked the life out of them with each jump. I started my vampiress before the addon and when the addon was out I was told I had created a bug abusing character. Very frustrating because I had my vampiress already a year befor the addon.

For wiping out massive waves of mobs (for example when You want to lag some caves) the best are classes with high-damage Area of Effect skills. With this in mind we can already rule out Vampiress and Gladiator. Seraphim has her Rotating Blades of Light and Celestial Light but they deal rather low damage compared to the rest.

-Battle Mage: Ice Shards(Blackstaff)/Fire Spiral(Byleth). Both builds are quite effective but I'm rather a fan of Ice Shards one. Isn't that dependat on terrain as you need enough space around You to cast Fire Spiral.

-Daemon: Poison Daemon/Blazing Disc. First one seemed little bit more tough at the start but then the damage is really outstanding, especially with Tree Rage. Second one is kind of "easy mode" because discs are doing all the work for You. I got really tired of casting them tho :P

-Dark Elf: Poison Mist(Haborym). Amazing damage, easily destroys tons of mobs and bosses (struggles more with poison-resistant ones). Got yourself as much poison damage boost as possible and You are ready to go.

-Dwarf: Flame Thrower. Actually, same story. The differences are that Your dealing fire damage and You can't setup boss mobs so easily because You can't stack Your damage.

-Wood Elf: Penetrating Arrow+Multiple Shot(Ettol)/Call of the Ancestors+Thorn Bush(Xrystal/Meg An-Enid). First one is very fun but requires A LOT of clicking. With full Ettol set on Niobium mobs have their physical resistances reduced by 93% so... :D Magic build is also ok, also requires quite a lot clicking. Both of them have same weakness: WE is really squishy and it will be hard to lag caves (at least solo) because You can die instantly.

I mentioned lagging caves which is possible only when on the server but this is why we have Tunngle :> For the most damage I would say: Poison Mist DE. That build mentioned here is ok, almost what it should look like.

• Like! 1

For wiping out massive waves of mobs (for example when You want to lag some caves) the best are classes with high-damage Area of Effect skills. With this in mind we can already rule out Vampiress and Gladiator.

Gladiator, seriously? Have you ever used Stomping Jump, when properly levelled up? Or seen the devestation that Dagger Stare can cause? I wipe out huge mobs with Stomping Jump. I wish I could get my old Gladiator profile back so that I could show you.

Yes, of course ;) Just one run through lagged BC longed like 6 times more than with any other character I tried to do this with. Dagger Stare only affects about 3-5 mobs at the same time and doesn't deal that much damage, so killing 50-100 mobs that are around You would take ages. Stomping Jump doesn't have large Area of Effect (or maybe it's even single target, I don't remember) and depends on Your % to hit an enemy. Very little time You can save, at least You gain a stun. Yeah it really bored me. My Gladiator turned into a killing machine when I got full Icons+Fadalmar+Andiell but really... any character can do this and it's kinda "noobish". Without that, I can't imagine for example doing region boss solo with Gladiator.

• Like! 1

Dagger Stare was a lot developped CA in the online community, as I remember... peeps only realized how much damage it could do, once they had it figgered out...and the glad came to be a blessing in may parties' makeups

gogo