An Amazing Discovery...

SO... I had always played Sacred 2 for my PS3 on an old flat screen console television set and connected it to the TV using RCA jacks. I just recently moved and my PS3 was damaged during the move, so I took it to a repair shop a few days ago to get it fixed. After getting it back, when turning on the PS3 there were bars scrolling vertically across the screen, so I took it back to the shop again. But over there when they plugged it in, everything looked fine, so I said OK, the issue must be the RCA cables that I'm using. And they said "Oh you're using RCA's? You really should use an HDMI cable". It just so happens that the new TV that I have is a widescreen HD tv, so I bought an HDMI cable. Brought it home, connected the HDMI cable to my PS3 for the first time, fired up Sacred 2 and... holy FECAL MATTER!, it's like a whole new game! I quickly realized that Sacred 2 for PS3 was designed and meant to be played on an HD TV w/HDMI cable. I can actually clearly read all of the text now. The graphics look gorgeous compared to before, everything looks great. And to think, if my RCA cables weren't causing the scrolling bars on my display, I probably never would have even tried an HDMI cable for my PS3 and would have kept on playing in standard definition... I'm almost glad that the PS3 got damaged now, I can finally see and play Sacred 2 in its true form, and it is BEAUTIFUL.

This is definitely a big FYI for anyone playing Sacred 2 on PS3 - MAKE SURE TO PLAY IT ON AN HD TV WITH HDMI CABLE! IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME!

• Like! 1

Probably, yes. If you have a PS3, make sure you are using a HDMI cable (assuming you have an HD TV) and not RCA's, or else you are not taking full advantage of the PS3's capabilities!

Sacred 2 is one of the few "last gen" (PS3 and Xbox 360) games designed to run in full 1080p, so there's a huge difference between the SD and HD settings.

If you like the HD look, Sacred 2 in upscaled 3D brings the game to yet another level.