Create new sets...how?

Hello everyone!

I make a premise: I thoroughly enjoyed the great work they did the creators of CM PATCH, the new sets are perfect, both visually and in terms of functionality ...

It is precisely for this reason that I became curious to the world of modding.

I just found a tutorial on how to reskin a set ... but what I want to do is create completely new sets..

Someone would be able to create a tutorial?

Hi Flix, thanks for the answer. I seriously wanna make new sets, so I'll be grateful if you explain each steps in detail :)

My first idea would be to create a set dedicated to BFG seraphim, a set similar to Niokaste's, (esthetically) but giving it a more technological look, and bonuses that heavily reduces reg.times (wich allows to use FlaringNova in a good way), reg.penality from buffs and other things....
Yeah, endijian's is fine, but with that set the seraphim looks like a transformer....and the bonuses are not so wrthy...my goal is making the BFG seraphim look graceful, and more funny gameplay

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi Lila. These are the basic steps:

• Create models/textures/icons, using whatever 3D modeling and/or image editing programs you use. Models and textures can be given unique names, icon names should correspond with the itemtype number (see below). Models need to be exported to gr2 format and textures can be either tga or dds.
  • Create a new surface ID in surface.txt defining which textures will be used for the item. Special surface shaders and fx can be set here.
  • Create a new item type in itemtype.txt. This tells the game exactly what the item is classified as (helmet, sword, etc...item classifications are defined in typification.txt) and what 3D model, surface ID, and icons to use for the item.
  • Create a new entry in iteminfo.txt, using the item type number. This will tell the game what material it is made from (defined in material.txt) and how much space it takes up in the inventory.
  • Create a new blueprint for the item in blueprint.txt. This creates the item based on the item type number, and defines properties like bonuses, character class restrictions, item tier (unique, legendary, etc.) and whether it's part of a set.
  • If creating a set, add a set blueprint in blueprint.txt. This defines which blueprints are part of the set and what the bonuses are.
  • Add item to the appropriate drop tables in drop.txt, using the blueprint ID.
  • Name items by editing global.res. Use the s2rw.exe program.

I could explain each of these steps in detail, if you really need it, and are seriously going to make something. I'd encourage any modder to learn by example. Look at existing files and script entries and see what you can learn from them.

Hi, Flix. I was reading this because I was also curious, and I can't seem to find the "s2rw.exe" program. I found "s2gs.exe", but not "s2rw". Do they function the same, or is s2rw a downloadable program?

Thanks in advance!

Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ya3wkb6fja3kiv/S2rw.v1.7.zip

Google Drive is where I usually upload files, but they keep flagging it and taking it down.

Though, that Mediafire link has had a whopping 274 downloads, which makes me wonder what people are doing with it since no one's released any mods. Just making personal changes I guess.