Sacred International Forum Archive

When Wildtangent was going to close their forum they were nice enough to give us 4 months warning and then gave us a 2 month extension on top of that to allow us time to manually copy over all the important topics to our new website. The Sacred International forums seem really quiet and I cannot imagine they would last forever since the games don't seem to be as popular as they used to be. :(

What are the chances that an Archive section could be set up here somewhere that could hold copies of all the most important topics and posts from there? It would be a massive undertaking but, if enough of us helped, it shouldn't take too long. It would also take some kind of central coordination so 40 people weren't trying to copy the same topic all at once!

Comments? Suggestions?

Is it possible they just give you admin rights to their site so you can keep it running? Or is that more work than archiving it?

Edited by Veracious

Dang...I missed this

sorry Spock, and thanks Veracious for the bump.

It's a valiant thought... but I'd say something like this could be helpful if/when they announced that they'd be shutting up the forum?

if we ever heard anything like that, and they were looking for a home for the dbase, I'm sure we could do a migration, transfer from their Vbulletin to our IPB

:)

gogo