Underworld - New Dwarf, should I invest in Ranged or Axe?

You could create 2 different characters and see which one you like more.

Gun drops are rare, so for better guns you need to shop more. But even with a low drop, there are some powerful guns out there. Run through the desert, collect some sculls to socket = overpowered gun. Guns also do damage before the enemies gets to you.

The answer to your question should be "do you prefer melee combat, or ranged combat with some running around"?

• Like! 1

You could create 2 different characters and see which one you like more.

Gun drops are rare, so for better guns you need to shop more. But even with a low drop, there are some powerful guns out there. Run through the desert, collect some sculls to socket = overpowered gun. Guns also do damage before the enemies gets to you.

The answer to your question should be "do you prefer melee combat, or ranged combat with some running around"?

I didnt know they were so rare

Kind of like how rare Blowpipes are for the Dryad?

:)

gogo

Yes, guns are for one class only and drop as rarely as do blowguns for the dryad in Sacred 2. So you need to compensate for this by visiting every vendor every time you enter the town.

But melee weapons drop in higher numbers and are for most classes.

I have admitted always used axes with my Dwarf. I may have to try a build with ranged weapons. The only ranged weapon character I have is the Wood Elf. There are just so many more options with axes, like Thian's Axe and Fadalmar.

For both builds the most important skill is Bargaining though; as it increases the chances to get better items at the shops. (just don't tell gogo; otherwise he'll camp out at Bravemart again. :D )

Thorin :)

muhahha, right near the beer fridge too

:drunkards:

gogo

I've only played 2 dwarf builds - Myles gun build and the 2H vehemance build ( both around level 55-60). The gun build is pretty weak in comparison, and trading isn't helpful until a bit later (GOLD difficulty IMO). If you do go ranged the guns/rifles you find usually have fire damage. Having a combo of wrath x3 or 4 is pretty helpful for mobs (rifles/guns do more damage the closer the opp. is) and pumping dwarven steel is a must. Use yellow potions to get you through mob heavy areas.

Try get plus combat arts from gear and put your points in weapon Lore and concentration. I'd recommend a 50/50 split between dexterity and Phys. regen.

Hope that helps.

EDIT - The original question - go with Axe Lore - much, much easier to get good weapons.

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1

From my recollection you just take enough points in your weapon (e.g. axe lore) to be able to equip special items that require lore. You can get gear to hit attack speed. Is this right? In that case why not spec both for different situations?