My very first Inquisitor...any tips?

LilaGrey

Hello!
I never played with this character...and now I really wanna build one

-I'd like to make a dual-wield FULL hybrid, taking all 3 aspects...it is possible? or he''ll be too weak in defense?
-or...what is a good "dual aspect" with dual wield build?

Thank you

• Like! 1

It is possible to have all three buffs as an Inquisitor. The question is whether you want or need to. Soul Reaver when properly modified gives a pretty good bonus to health regeneration which negates the use of Purifying Chastisement. Nefarious Netherworld and Astute Supremacy tend to be my areas of development. Both aspects have at least one combat art suited for mob attacks. The Inquisitor has a good Dexterity value, so short swords like Ancrid's Blade and Kuan's Pride may be a better avenue than hafted weapons or regular swords.

It is possible to have all three buffs as an Inquisitor. The question is whether you want or need to. Soul Reaver when properly modified gives a pretty good bonus to health regeneration which negates the use of Purifying Chastisement. Nefarious Netherworld and Astute Supremacy tend to be my areas of development. Both aspects have at least one combat art suited for mob attacks. The Inquisitor has a good Dexterity value, so short swords like Ancrid's Blade and Kuan's Pride may be a better avenue than hafted weapons or regular swords.

Thank you for the answer!

So...I thought of a build like that:

2- Tactics Lore

3- Dual Wield

5- Astute Supremacy Lore

8 - Astuste Supremacy focus

12- Armor Lore

18- Concentration

25- Constitution

35- Nefarious Netherworld Focus

50- Nefarious Netherworld Lore

65- Gruesome inquisition focus

It might work well?

Edited by LilaGrey

This is a great triple-aspect build. I took Combat Discipline instead of Constitution, because I wanted increase his damage output and I wanted to make combos with 3-4 CA's. However, he died a lot. Your build should be more safe.

One tip I can give you about having 3 buffs: when you fight a boss, it's usually one-on-one. Soul Reaver is usually useless then, because you need to charge it up first by killing enemies. So I rarely used Soul Reaver for boss fights, instead choosing a different buff, and after Concentration Mastery, just turning it off to remove the regen penalty.

Hello!

I never played with this character...and now I really wanna build one

-I'd like to make a dual-wield FULL hybrid, taking all 3 aspects...it is possible? or he''ll be too weak in defense?

-or...what is a good "dual aspect" with dual wield build?

Thank you

I was never truly skilled with building but LOVED playing till, at least till he died :lol: here's a post I dug up from the Sacred International Forum... the ears worked well for me ^^

Show me whatcha got babee

ears650.jpg

Handsome, regal and austere. Now before all of you flood my pm box with messages on where you can meet this dashing fellow, remember that it's the ears that make him ^^

Pony blessed me the other day with this piece:

bunny-1.jpg

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21381-buff-and-bash-spider-knight-the-last-hurrah/

My 'Spider Knight Buff and Bash' is a 4 buff character with all 4 buffs maxed. Uses doppleganger on boss (with mirror %lifeleach weapon) and Soul Reaver on mobs (because for boss Soul Reaver runs out of souls). He is totally melee (no offensive spell CAs) so just uses the 2 buffs from astute supremacy and Soul Reaver/Paralyzing Dread from Nefarious.

So it is full melee. The nice thing about the build is that it is not at all squishy once it gets its feet under it: over 50% evasion, over 50% mitigation, All damage type %reflect (eventually). If I recall it maxes toughness and armor and alchemy first which helps not get squished while getting feet under. Alchemy maxed first for constant (literally) mentor potions. Once Soul Reaver is modded and pumped to high level it is pretty much impossible to die to a mob. Very fast boss kills with %LL weapon (mirror %LL on Doppleganger) combined with attack speed higher than the cap via frenetic furvor.

edit: soul reaver doesn't block casters which is a reason to spec willpower and %spell resistance gear and pump that mitigation asap

Edited by claudius

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21381-buff-and-bash-spider-knight-the-last-hurrah/

My 'Spider Knight Buff and Bash' is a 4 buff character with all 4 buffs maxed. Uses doppleganger on boss (with mirror %lifeleach weapon) and Soul Reaver on mobs (because for boss Soul Reaver runs out of souls). He is totally melee (no offensive spell CAs) so just uses the 2 buffs from astute supremacy and Soul Reaver/Paralyzing Dread from Nefarious.

So it is full melee. The nice thing about the build is that it is not at all squishy once it gets its feet under it: over 50% evasion, over 50% mitigation, All damage type %reflect (eventually). If I recall it maxes toughness and armor and alchemy first which helps not get squished while getting feet under. Alchemy maxed first for constant (literally) mentor potions. Once Soul Reaver is modded and pumped to high level it is pretty much impossible to die to a mob. Very fast boss kills with %LL weapon (mirror %LL on Doppleganger) combined with attack speed higher than the cap via frenetic furvor.

edit: soul reaver doesn't block casters which is a reason to spec willpower and %spell resistance gear and pump that mitigation asap

Looks fun! I'd like to try, but I already have melee fighters in my "arena" :lol: (A dual-wield/technology seraphim and a pure melee-hafted weapons shadow warrior)

I have a question for you (you'll probably know more about me):

I'd like to make a dualwield/magic hybrid inquisitor, with two main buffs actived togheter.

Reverse polarity will make Purifyng Chastisement usless if they are actived togheter?

No they do different things. Purifying Chastisement you either get (mod it) mitigation or a huge buff on %damage. I like mitigation because you can't socket much mitigation but run of the mill whets give you damage.

Reverse Polarity you get reflect which you can mod it so it is reflect for: ranged, melee, and combat arts.

If you go mitigation you get a lot more reinforced returns the more you get. See the first 25% gives you taking only 1/4 less damage. Going from 25% to 50% gives you taking 1/3 less; going from 50% to 75% gives you 1/2 less damage; the final 75% to 100% you take totally no damage. So if you go mitigation go for as much as possible. Mitigation works on all damage aside from life leach and maybe Damage Over Time (DOT). Not sure on Dots.

For reversed polarity at very high level it reflects like 50% of all damage. You cannot socket reflect in high amounts so it is one of the best feats in the game.

Purifying chastisement also gives a nice % critical hit which is another reason to like it and either % fire or magic both nice.

• Like! 1

I think she's concerned that with a good chance for reflection the Inquisitor won't be taking enough damage to make Purifying Chatisement pay off.

• Like! 1

not in niob ;) but to be honest all my builds are tanks and not glass canons. my goal in building is to make it impossible almost to die. this is especial in hardcore because if you are playing many hours and eventually going to have bad luck like crits.

even if I wasn't doing defense from purifying chastisement I would take the damage mod if 2 or more buffs were open. At level 100 (if you are going to niob you got that).. at level 1 purifying chastisement you get 10% crit and 20% damage. At level 100 you get 20% crit and + 220% damage!

• Like! 1