Favorite region of Ancaria?

Favorite region of Ancaria?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite region of Ancaria?

• Tyr-Lysia
    • Artamark
    • Nor Plat
    • Dragon Sea Islands
    • The Swamp
    • Bengaresh Desert
    • The Jungle
    • Dyr Lain
    • Wastelands
    • Northland/Christmas Island
    • Crystal Plane
    • Cursed Forest

Swamp's always been my place. Reflecting turtles still follow me in my nightmares to this day. Olms, hydras, and those crazy paralyzing spiders round everything out.

yum

:chef:

gogo

I voted for the Dragon Sea Islands. I do realize this is by far the smallest area in the game, but meeting multiple dragons and having to navigate the underground layout presents a welcome change of pace from all of the other areas.

• Like! 1

I'm just an old softie and love Christmas Island. It's not the best place for hacking and slashing, but I always enjoy myself there and it always cheers me up when mass slaughter gets repetitive.

:l_santa:

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

I'm just an old softie and love Christmas Island. It's not the best place for hacking and slashing, but I always enjoy myself there and it always cheers me up when mass slaughter gets repetitive.

:l_santa:

That place is magical, the music is soooooooooooo relaxing...but I hate that "flying-things" (don't know the name in english version) that can deactivate your buffs....I died a lot here!!

• Like! 1

I don't know names by heart being that I started only months before the servers went down but I like the first two regions of the main quest line. The bright colors and vibrant atmosphere blew me away after years of D2x.

The first two regions of the main quest are "Tyr-Lysia" (high elves region) and "Artamark" (human one)

• Like! 1

I don't know names by heart being that I started only months before the servers went down but I like the first two regions of the main quest line. The bright colors and vibrant atmosphere blew me away after years of D2x.

The first two regions of the main quest are "Tyr-Lysia" (high elves region) and "Artamark" (human one)

Yea those plus headed up to the Griffin were beautiful. I was so disappointed learning the game was at it's end.

• Like! 1

I voted Nor Plat. It was te region where I leveled up the fastest... And I'm pretty sure I go a few nice item drops there as well.

Delta!

Not to derail the thread but is there a break down on the drop rates of areas somewhere I can look at if I don't want to mod the balance text? Or is it all based on character level versus monster level? Edited by Veracious

ha

dryad island's so dangerous... those crazy tik tok witch doctors that hold and suck out your life... "tik tok tik tok..."

Though I did get a legendary drop there once, cuz of the high level!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Dryad island is a beautiful place, I also love the main background music, but, in my eyes, it's one of the most frenetic and dangerous region :wacko:

It is dangerous! Probably why, I found it a little harder to run quickly in HC than some of the other places I preferred... that feeling of trepidation of getting caught by some really powerful nasties, kinds of adds a black fear while running through, and I've had that heart beat raising "catch" of being frozen a little too often...

:oooo:

gogo

Dryad island is a beautiful place, I also love the main background music, but, in my eyes, it's one of the most frenetic and dangerous region :wacko:

It is dangerous! Probably why, I found it a little harder to run quickly in HC than some of the other places I preferred... that feeling of trepidation of getting caught by some really powerful nasties, kinds of adds a black fear while running through, and I've had that heart beat raising "catch" of being frozen a little too often...

gogo

I never played HC but I don't think I ever died on dryad island except maybe to that mini boss quest guy on that little island off to the east off the dock. I'll have to test it out again.

The problem with this question - it leaves out the other continent of Ancaria (From Sacred 1 and Underworld)...

In that regard, I vote for Bellvue - and the surrounding area - for the fact that's where you start - and where you meet the characters you're playing for the first time.

Ascaron spent quite a bit of effort on character building right off the top. It's the hook that drew me into the game far more than in Sacred 2.

• Like! 1

gogo

I remember writing a post about the horrors of Dryad Island years ago, after I almost died a few times, but after which one of those almost died, had a Legendary drop for me! :bounce:

Dang Dryad Island...I was just Totem'd!!!

:viking:

gogo

The problem with this question - it leaves out the other continent of Ancaria (From Sacred 1 and Underworld)...

In that regard, I vote for Bellvue - and the surrounding area - for the fact that's where you start - and where you meet the characters you're playing for the first time.

Ascaron spent quite a bit of effort on character building right off the top. It's the hook that drew me into the game far more than in Sacred 2.

Honestly though...did you really like the garish, disney colors of that region?

That was a real turn off for me when I started the game...

In fact, I think someone even released a mod to subdue the colors a l'il bit

:)

gogo