My new 7 dollar ear buds

gogoblender

I'm kind of picky when it comes to head phones. I refused to pay more than 15 dollars per pair for anything that connects to my old ipod or phone. For playing music directly to my ears, I'm a firm believer in the concept that small headphones that play good music dont have to cost a lot of money for decent music I can play while jogging or just being outside. Ear buds make it worth it. For me, theyre not too intrusive, and I find that because they go so deep into the ears, the sound is great, and I get great Bass resonance.

Enter moms

She came to visit a few months ago, and I had to give her my pair, because we were able to get some movies into her ipad, and wanted her to travel with some sound, she liked the experience, but I lost the ear buds :blink:

Went to Staples, and best buy, looked around, found some head phones in the 27 dollar range, but I still felt unsatisfied... too expensive for what I was getting... forgot that I hadn't looked online and done some reasearch and found this headphone trending and and something that had been trending for a while now, when I googled "headphones for less than 20.00"

The drives look insane on them, they have gotten decent reviews on a lot of tech sites I look at, and they're actually compared to other headphones many times more expensive and supposed to give great "yield" for the money.

Ordered them directly online, 7.00 plus shipping tax... thoughts?

http://lifehacker.com/5960070/most-popular-earbuds-monoprice-8320-enhanced-bass-hi-fi-noise-isolating-earphones?tag=hive-five

When I looked up the type on other sites, I get a strange juxtaposition... these head phones placed against other head phones many times more expensive... I'm just intrigued

:)

gogo

The design is cool!
Whathever, same thougts about it...spending a lot for ear buds is a waste. I use ear buds every day (for gaming, music and for hear relaxing sounds when sleeping :D ), what I mind is that the sound is decent and the comfort...I mean, I had a pair of ear buds with a great sound, but they were hard and uncomfortable to wear, my ears were aching! :eek:

• Like! 1

In my opinion you notice a difference. My brother plays in an afterwork punk band (even 20 years after they left school) and gives music classes. He has Sennheiser IE800 which cost like 800$ I think. It is a hell of a difference to my 20euro earphones when I listen to opera. But even at hardrock the basses are way better.

Frequency response 8 - 41000 Hz (-3 dB) 5 - 46500 Hz Sound pressure level (SPL) 125 dB at 1V 1kHz THD, total harmonic distortion < 0,06% (1 kHz, 94 dB)

But I dislike inear stuff anyway. I am so used to full ear covers when I play ACDC triggered 'TNT or Seimoplast' real life at work ;)

• Like! 1

The design is cool!

Whathever, same thougts about it...spending a lot for ear buds is a waste. I use ear buds every day (for gaming, music and for hear relaxing sounds when sleeping :D ), what I mind is that the sound is decent and the comfort...I mean, I had a pair of ear buds with a great sound, but they were hard and uncomfortable to wear, my ears were aching! :eek:

The design is cool! And, for seven dollars, I think I'm mostly just interested in seeing what kind of head phone has actually gotten a kind of cult following :lol:

yah, ear aches... the drivers on these beasties look to be huge, but they come with three different size ear buds, so hoping they fit well

Just a few more days till they're here!

gogo

In my opinion you notice a difference. My brother plays in an afterwork punk band (even 20 years after they left school) and gives music classes. He has Sennheiser IE800 which cost like 800$ I think. It is a hell of a difference to my 20euro earphones when I listen to opera. But even at hardrock the basses are way better.

Frequency response 8 - 41000 Hz (-3 dB) 5 - 46500 Hz Sound pressure level (SPL) 125 dB at 1V 1kHz THD, total harmonic distortion < 0,06% (1 kHz, 94 dB)

But I dislike inear stuff anyway. I am so used to full ear covers when I play ACDC triggered 'TNT or Seimoplast' real life at work ;)

800.00?

:o

lol for this life, I think I am hearing the call of the 7.00 value for now

:P

gogo

yeah you could spend a lot of money to earphones... ;)

believing in Sennheiser from my early days of interesting in music I am still using this brand. for "daily business" I am using cheap in-ear (around 12€). cheap means often a bad cable, that breaks fast, which could also depend on my treatment! ;) but for that price I don't care much about it buying one each year.

for listening to music at home it is also a pair of full-ear-phones about 80€. they are now 8 years old and still "running".

what I like at Sennheiser ist the (for me) extremly clear sound combinated with a heavy bass. :D

Edited by Dorimil
  • Like! 1

yeah you could spend a lot of money to earphones... ;)

believing in Sennheiser from my early days of interesting in music I am still using this brand. for "daily business" I am using cheap in-ear (around 12€). cheap means often a bad cable, that breaks fast, which could also depend on my treatment! ;) but for that price I don't care much about it buying one each year.

for listening to music at home it is also a pair of full-ear-phones about 80€. they are now 8 years old and still "running".

what I like at Sennheiser ist the (for me) extremly clear sound combinated with a heavy bass. :D

I'm a big fan of heavy bass. Years ago, when I put the first ear bud headphones in my ear, I was completely convinced that this was the way to go. I was astonished at how much sound could pour out of those tiny things, and thought they way it uses our body as part of the loud speaker system, an elegant solution.

Ahhm, Sennheiser... maybe one day at home with my home listening...

Still at home waiting for my new mini big beasties to show up, though I did try Schot's blue tooth headphones last night on my cell phone, with Spotify streaming, and very very good experience!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

The drivers are HUGELY massive...I guess that's why the reason they sound so phenomenally good... these are the peculiar headphones that have been making top of lists for lower priced headphones on many sites across the net and in a few videos I saw.

The drivers are massive, but they rest outside the ear, and are not overly heavy, fit well in.

They also come with three sizes of silicon inserts, I actually used the larges ones, as I am using them outside for walking/jogging.

Couldn't be happier, very very pleased with this serendipitous find

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

7 bux and shipping, what did that add-up to gogo? I've been checking eBay on these and the cheapest I can get them locally is 14,89 + 4,06 shipping. D'you think they're worth the money?

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...