Underworld save games poofed?

So I decided to give my old sacred vampiress a little attention and as I load the save game she's back on the horse I lost months ago that I wrote the other thread about and a lot of map that I traveled was no longer outlined in the red dotted line that shows where fog of war has been lifted. I realize this is a much older save game than where I last left off. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm at a loss.

A little more info I remembered, I did load underworld after I started a classic sacred game. Maybe loading and updating did something to my save files? Not only that but apparently the .exe for classic also disappeared. I remember playing my vampiress after loading underworld so I don't know why now after eight months that this would happen suddenly.

That shouldn't happen. Maybe you loaded the wrong game? Or overwrite the autosave file?

Check the files in the game folder. All your saved games should be saved in "gamerootfolder/SUnder/save/". Check the last modified data and if all the save game files are listed when you run the game.

• 8 months later...

So in the long run I ended up chalking up the couple of lost levels and ended up recovering the lost horse I wrote about in the other thread. Lol. I can now sell or buy a new horse. I've since gotten through the classic campaign and started the underworld campaign. I'm level 40 something in bronze. With a vampiress. I know she's a weak character for later difficulties but this is my second attempt at my first play through and I've always had a thing for vampires and shape shifters. So I'll just give up after I finish the story. Lol