How to get good damage on my level 102 Gladiator?

Hi guys!

Atm I am with level 102 Gladiator, and I play on platinum but my dmg is very low only 4000 - 6000...

And it was very annoying when I played on servers and come a lot of players and hit more then me, So the mobs was 1 or 2 hit for they.

It happend a lot of time when I played there... My regen time is very good 1 sec with attack and HH.

I may upgrade my Combat Arts but then my regen time will be very huge, and I gain not much...

( In same case: dual wield gladi with logar sets. 100 WL 100 CONC 50 Armor, Agi, Parry, Up to 100 Constitution. )

And I have seen a lot of videos... A melee DE hit on 82 level 30000 dmg... With sets and arnums...

On server I saw a level 60 DE too hit me in dual 40000Dmg... But I saw other chars too...

How do they do? That is the question...

Edited by gogoblender

Sorry for the late reply. I've got a level 100 gladiator, dual weild, axe lore and trading. For my fire axes I've got hard hit at level 49 doing 40 to 65k damage with 42% crit but high regen at 1.9 sec

My other weapons (poison, magic) do a bit less, around 30 - 45K.

Your hard hit damage seems low. Weapon lore should be much higher, mine is 124 - could be higher but I've been putting points into trading.

Your damage problems might be due to your weapons being low level ( even weapons with good bonuses and sockets can have low base damage), no plus hard hit and not enough regen special move. Try and get weapons with %strength mod and rings with damage boosts and weapon lore.

I've been following Roosters guide and trying to have weapons for each region (e.g. thains axe and feacs hammer vs undead). Using elemental damage is important for a gladiator as doesn't have anything like ghost meadow or infernal power to pump really high. Hope it helps.

EDIT - looking at my bonuses I've got +22 to hard hit from gear. I hadn't played this build for at least ayear so I don't know why I ate so many runes.

At level 100 or so a gladiator should be doing at least 20 to 25K damage from hard hit IMO, you should be able to get 10 - 12 hard hit levels from gear too even without trading.

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1

If you don't have axe lore and you don't use heroic courage you attack % is going to be REALLY low. You need at least one.

I was fighting the ice dragons without using heroic courage - even with axe lore my hit chance was only 10%!

I didn't notice it till after I killed them (took ages). Your right in that after gold difficulty you see how good your build is. I think the gladiator needs really good gear compared to other characters.

RE - Defence

Try using trading instead of parry. You can get amulets with high defence if you shop for them. Add in heroic courage and agility and your defence should be OK. Also the gladiator has set items with really high Life leech%.

The skills I picked are Axe Lore, dual weild, armour, concentration, Constitution, agility, trading and weapon lore.

Trading will give you gear with hard hard & +combat arts so you don't have to eat as many runes and if you use combos you can make suits with really high dagger stare and heroic courage then swap them out. Just make sure to have yellow potions handy.

EDIT - Roosters guide has both parry and trade - I thought it had axe lore and dual weild but no trading. I think you can make a good build without axe lore but you need really high HC. I choose Axe lore because I had never gotten full faldamars set before.

Edited by Augmint

Yeah I only like the gladi in sacred but I never had it a good 1 before... and when I tried a lot of build I made a lot of various of gladi. Then I made a gladi with orla that was good, but I had a lot of items so it was easy to level up with items.

Now I play again sacred and I wanna make a gladi in a new way without 0 help (In sacred u dont need mf to get good items and every mob can drop sets with various level, that is different in diablo 2. It bit easier.) I wanna reach the 216 level. Now came int to my mind Hc how important is... I was able to do the silver and gold with only ds and low hit chance, but in platinum... It was horrible... The luck was I got a lot of set.

Okey if u 1 a easy and good killing gladi pick up axe lore dual wild with ds and andaliel set and it is ready but everybody run with this build... But I think u havnt seen a lot of ranger gladi or dual gladi with "rooster build" or a sword lore gladi with 2 handed weop. So these are the challange to do, if u looking for that...

if u play hack and slash the time comes when u want to try new concept of build. There begin the pro section. Lot of man just have fun and thats all.

And I dont wanna use ds, couse I think it useless if u use loger set. And I chose wl, conc, consti, sword lore parry, agi, armor, and ranger combat. Sword lore good for logar and range u can pick up egil wich has % dmg from str.

Btw If u wanna we can play together. ;)

Edited by nandi
  • Like! 1

DS is good if you use % split but yeah, its hard to have DS and heroic courage together. I use a combo of bothe and ALOT of yellow potions.

If you wanna try something different maybe you could use Awe, and 2H axe weapon toss, multi hit plus stomps? (Stomps are pretty good vs mobs - the stun is great)

Dalmars set has chance to gain gold hitting opponent % - maybe combine it with damage recieved reduces gold %?

I can't really play online - I only have Wi-fi where I am now - sorry.

btw - the original question - testosterone increases a dark elfs poison damage (weapons or PM) so if that player has pumped alot of runes and has good poison damage gear he's gonna have massive damage. I forgot about it till a couple of days ago.

Edited by Augmint

Wiki has heroic courage with the full set. Does that mean you have constant HC? Never found a full set but the bonuses and sockets look good - has a bit of everything.

• Like! 1

Raanes full set give u constant HC, but isnt the strongest armor for Gladi. Logar is better, every part has X% chance from str resist wich is very good. What kind of HC give u the Raanes full set?

Hi, sorry for the late reply..

not sure if I could help you...

it's been such a long time , and I forgot so much about sacred 1 combat & skill mechanics and all the items, it's a shame ...

the only thing I do remember, however, is a thread from the official forum,

it's a discussion about highest damage possible, and how to achieve it..

the record back then was achieved by a gladiator which they talked about on the forum.. it was like 2.1 billion per hit (!) ;)

anyway, here's the link, maybe there's something useful in it:

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=42765 (english forum)

http://forum.sacred2.de/showthread.php?t=44747 (original german thread)

http://forum.sacred2.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=24131&d=1151169988 (pic)

Edited by Rotluchs

Something you might consider is to try focus on one non-physical damage type since most enemies laugh at physical damage (increasingly so as you level up). Also don't gear too much into defense, as your best "defense" at high(er) levels is high damage coupled with life leech. And Resistances don't even matter to many enemies since they hit the damage cap either way.

Try to keep your weapons and rings on par, level-wise, to keep your base damage acceptable. And on top of that you need to constantly keep reg times and ca levels in balance so your damage output stays acceptable. Ultimately it all is mostly a matter of gear, unfortunately.

But luckily we don't have to optimize our chars too hardcore anymore, since there's no servers anymore :):(