Dragon mage's race

So, something crossedmy mind for the first time while playing, what racebis the dragon mage? For the most part, the races seem obvious, high elf, dryadld, and inquisitor are elves, TG is a android, SW a human,and seraphim a celestial. Do what are Dragon mages, human? Elf? Mixture of whoever can press dragons?

This question crossed my mind after just receiving a quest to capture some fun away slaves. Despite the fact I'm walking the path of light (I hope there is a option to free them, I've barely ran into any quest with choices.) I originally assumed DM was human due to the lack of pointy ears, and asking a human to enslave another in a world were humans isn't the dominant ruling class, yea like I'm going to do that.

Edit, DM also lack the facial structure of SW which I simply wrote off as lack of physical training.

Edited by Synnworld
  • Like! 1

The game's scripts classify him as human. The rounded human ears seem to back this up. His model is based on the Shadow Warrior which further accounts for the similarity.

However, he acts very much like an elf in the game. If you listen to his commentary when receiving the mission to the human realm, and when he kills human-type enemies, he seems to consider himself not human, or at least above and beyond any of them. Also, all other dragon mages (dragon cultists) in the game are elves. It's really never said in any of the official lore. I put him on the elves page on the wiki for these reasons. It was also before I knew about race classification in itemtype.txt.

Questions of race aren't always that clear in Sacred 2. The game scripts classify the people in the desert as humans, but the lore book on the Bengaresh Desert clearly says they're descendants of elves that adapted to the climate (like Dryads, which interestingly are classified as a separate race in the scripts).

Also FYI in the scripts Seraphim are classified as humans as well, and the Shadow Warrior is classified as Undead, so take the technical classifications with whatever gravity you see fit. Roleplaying reasons may trump technical reasons if you're not modding or keeping close tabs on your racial damage +% modifiers.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

It was more for the "Artist" reasons, and some roleplaying reasons. I tend to have a habit od putting myself in RPG skyrim (redguard destruction wizards represent!) Shadowrun (Human Mage/shaman) and in sacred it would only be the dragon mage or SW, I really don't like elves that much. I don't hate them, but they aren't my favorite race.

Also I've been having the urge to do some fan art, and depending on whether or not I added dialogue, I needed to know the DM race.

• Like! 1

The races, in Sacred 2, are very confused..
I mean, the Inquisitor should be an HighElf, but if you remove his starting/placeholder equipment, you see that his ears are rounded, not pointed...and he's not slim and small as all of the high elf's, he's quit tall, whit a big chest (not visible removing starting equipment, but it's notable)
The Seraphims should be a mystical race from another dimension (as I read somewhere), and if I'm not mistaken they can not age, but are classified as human....

This is one of the many inaccuracies in the Sacred's mythology...I'd like to know something more precise about the various races in the game

Edited by LilaGrey

I thought the inquisitor were dark elves, notcgigh elves and I called seraphim celestial because I read that the were born from the blood of the goddess ofcwar after she died.

Edited by Synnworld

The game only has one elf classification and that's "highelf", so both the Inquisitor and the High Elf get that classifications. Likewise there's no separate classification for Seraphim, probably because they're not an enemy in the game, so the Seraphim are humans in the scripts. You only know this if you look at the scripts though. In terms of lore, yes, I like to think the Inquisitors became the Dark Elves while the High Elves became Wood Elves of Sacred 1. If you want to brush up on the lore of Sacred 2 some official stuff is here: Backstory

Anyways, you can't take appearances too seriously. The game even uses some of the same models for both humans and high elves. For example, the human cult mages are identical to the inquisitor NPC's, just with a different robe texture, and a different race classification in the scripts.

Edited by Flix

Yeah. The history and mythology of Ancaria is completely different between the two games. It's meant to be the same world though. Think of it as a retcon.

there's no separate classification for Seraphim, probably because they're not an enemy in the game, so the Seraphim are humans in the scripts.

so Seraphim NEVER appear as a enemy in the game? I ask 'cause I never played the ShadowPath by far...

there's no separate classification for Seraphim, probably because they're not an enemy in the game, so the Seraphim are humans in the scripts.

so Seraphim NEVER appear as a enemy in the game? I ask 'cause I never played the ShadowPath by far...
I just started a hardcore inquisitor, goi g to try a full mage build, but I would assume he'd have to fight at least 1 of them.

There's only one, at the very end in the Great Machine (shadow path only).

There's also a possible Seraphim fight with the CM Patch, but that is basically fan content, not anything the developers made.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

There's only one, at the very end in the Great Machine (shadow path only).

There's also a possible Seraphim fight with the CM Patch, but that is basically fan content, not anything the developers made.

Which leads me to another question, do all characters follow the same story path in light and shadow stories, or do they branch off after a certain point? I want to know if I beat the game with my light DM, is there a point in doing the main storyline again with my light high elf or seraphim; or should I just run off and do their own stories while committing vast genocide.

Edited by Synnworld

The main campaign is the same for every character of a certain alignment. Although the Inquisitor and Seraphim are a bit special, because I'm pretty sure Sophia recognizes the Seraphim for what she is and talks her differently than other Light characters. Likewise the Grand Inquisitor talks to the Inquisitor differently than other Shadow characters. Ultimately though, these are just superficial changes.

Character class quests are also different according to alignment (except Dragon Mage which is identical, literally the same quest scripts, probably due to lack of development time). So the personal story of the Light High Elf plays out differently than a Shadow High Elf. This means even if the Light path campaign is old news to you, the Light-path character quests for other characters may have more to offer. I prefer most of the character stories to the main quest anyway (with the exception of the Dryad, who has a jumbled mess of non-related quests).

The logo represent 2 dragon head and 2 seraphin wings.

So basically the seraphim and dragons got together to have a baby named "Dragon Mage."

New head connon activated.

Why not ;-)

More seriously, we don't know orign of the race. But we know that Seraphin like to experiment.

So basically the seraphim and dragons got together to have a baby named "Dragon Mage."

Er. That makes little sense.... If you read the book that came from Sacred 1 - The Book of the Seraphim, And I quote..

"Memorandum from Urisa'N TachYon regarding the use of cloned warriors: The first test run in the defense matrix GT-AS 565 went entirely satisfactory. The DNA morphing of Dragon Battle Lizards with female Elifa slaves produced effective fighting amazons in a very short time. These warriors can be used in combat against the three-dimensional giant Worgarians as a replenishable battlefield resource.

Fiber-reinforced bone constructions and organic reflex amplifiers permit efficient close combat techniques to be employed. Fitted with transmitters to send enquiries from geostationary transfer satellites, these warriors prove to be very efficient terminators, since they are able to call energy bundles from orbit by vocal command or energized protective shields.
The plans exist to carry out training routines to turn these clone fighters into efficient pilots for our space attack forces. The spacecraft of the Paladin Class seem to me to be a suitable basis for this.”
So what we've got here - the Creator and his kind - used genetic engineering to create the Seraphim from Dragons and Elves. Add to that a bit of the sort of thing that made Wolverine (from the X-Men - the "Fiber-reinforced bone constructions" and you can see what makes a Seraphim quite the bad arse warrior.
Now then, the phrase "replenishable battlefield resource"... This sounds an awful lot like Seraphim are manufactured - grown, rapidly. Much like the clones from Star Wars episodes 1-3 and given that there are more Seraphim in Sacred 2 than there are in Sacred 1, it would seem they aren't capable of reproduction... Besides there don't seem to be any male Seraphim about.
While Seraphim and Dragons are apparently related, it would be seriously doubtful they could make babies together - not with the level of technologies available in modern Ancaria. And by that, I mean the Sacred 2 era.

Er. That makes little sense.... If you read the book that came from Sacred 1 - The Book of the Seraphim, And I quote..

"Memorandum from Urisa'N TachYon regarding the use of cloned warriors: The first test run in the defense matrix GT-AS 565 went entirely satisfactory. The DNA morphing of Dragon Battle Lizards with female Elifa slaves produced effective fighting amazons in a very short time. These warriors can be used in combat against the three-dimensional giant Worgarians as a replenishable battlefield resource.

Fiber-reinforced bone constructions and organic reflex amplifiers permit efficient close combat techniques to be employed. Fitted with transmitters to send enquiries from geostationary transfer satellites, these warriors prove to be very efficient terminators, since they are able to call energy bundles from orbit by vocal command or energized protective shields.

The plans exist to carry out training routines to turn these clone fighters into efficient pilots for our space attack forces. The spacecraft of the Paladin Class seem to me to be a suitable basis for this.

So what we've got here - the Creator and his kind - used genetic engineering to create the Seraphim from Dragons and Elves. Add to that a bit of the sort of thing that made Wolverine (from the X-Men - the "Fiber-reinforced bone constructions" and you can see what makes a Seraphim quite the bad arse warrior.

Now then, the phrase "replenishable battlefield resource"... This sounds an awful lot like Seraphim are manufactured - grown, rapidly. Much like the clones from Star Wars episodes 1-3 and given that there are more Seraphim in Sacred 2 than there are in Sacred 1, it would seem they aren't capable of reproduction... Besides there don't seem to be any male Seraphim about.

While Seraphim and Dragons are apparently related, it would be seriously doubtful they could make babies together - not with the level of technologies available in modern Ancaria. And by that, I mean the Sacred 2 era.

Dont you attack my head cannon!

lso FYI in the scripts Seraphim are classified as humans as well, and the Shadow Warrior is classified as Undead, so take the technical classifications with whatever gravity you see fit.

Does it mean that expulse magic's modification (non-resistable magic damage to any undead creature) hurts Shadow Warrior?

Does it mean that expulse magic's modification (non-resistable magic damage to any undead creature) hurts Shadow Warrior?

It probably does, yes. Unless there's some special hidden thing that makes him immune.