Community patch 150 installation issue

Hi!

I own an italian version of Sacred 2 Gold with patch 2.65.1 and I was unable to install the community patch 150 of sacred 2. I just want to try it, because of the new missions, sets and items! I've never installed a CM patch before.

While installing , it appears this error:

failed to patch file: C:\Program Files (x86)1Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Gold\Sacred2Updater.exe

[in the patch log block note: Error Patch file (DeltaMAX error 5): C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Gold\Sacred2Updater.exe (104)]

Has anyone ever had this problem? How can I fix it?

It seems the problem is sacred2updater.exe. I tried to delete it but nothing happened.

Plus, my antivirus detected a trojan.Win32.BhoSiggen.IOZ virus in this "DIFF_000128.DIF" folder that I don't even know what it is.

I found this patch in Sacredwiki.

Thanks a lot to those who will help me! :)

Did you apply the patch 2.65.1 on top of your game? I don't think Sacred 2 Gold needs any official patches. That may be what threw things off.

Can you tell me if you're installing the official patch on top of Sacred 2 Gold, or not? Because I don't think you should be installing any official patches on top of the Gold edition.

If you got the link from this page then there shouldn't be any virus. Maybe your anti-virus blocked the CM Patch installer from updating as it was supposed to. I wish you hadn't deleted any files from your installation. You should probably uninstall and reinstall. Then when you go install the CM Patch disable your anti-virus software beforehand.

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I just bought Sacred 2 Gold from GoG. When I'm trying to install CM patch I get this message:

Cannot delete target file:

\sacred 2 gold\\scripts\server\quest.txt

Anyone had same issue?

I am runnig game on Win 7.

Hello,

never seen this problem I think. Do you have:

*deleted/moved/modified the quest.txt?

*enough admin privileges? (right-click sacred 2 gold folder and maybe modify the rights)

*install Sacred 2 Gold in C:\GOG Games?

*disable antivirus while installing the CM patch?

That's all I see for now.. Good luck.