Unbended is better than Gears of War

• 3 weeks later...

It was still #81 when I went to vote but I don't know what it is yet because I had to register to vote and I haven't gotten my confirmation email back yet.

• Like! 1

It was still #81 when I went to vote but I don't know what it is yet because I had to register to vote and I haven't gotten my confirmation email back yet.

The hell? I used Facebook and it was instant.

• Like! 1

It was a bit of convoluted process for me as well, I remember doing some circles in getting the vote registered properly, I think eventually I had to go in via FB as well?

:)

gogo

If I have to go through Facebook, I won't be able to vote. I feel Facebook is intrusive enough that I don't want it keeping track of anything else I do. :(

If I have to go through Facebook, I won't be able to vote. I feel Facebook is intrusive enough that I don't want it keeping track of anything else I do. :(

Why not make a second account for spam purposes?

Why not make a second account for spam purposes?

Because I don't approve of Spam?

LOL I think you misunderstood.. The purpose of the 2nd account is so you have an email address you can give out to sites that are likely to spam you - leaving your regular email account free and clear of the stuff.

Seriously.... I doubt that anyone really LIKES or approves of spam except maybe spammers - and only then if they're the ones sending the stuff out.

FWIW, I have one such account and use it for facebook as well. I log in once a week or so and dump the spam and what not from it.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

LOL I think you misunderstood...

Actually, I understood perfectly.

I never try to do anything that will allow Spammers an extra place to spread their filth. That includes dummy emails addresses that are only there to collect spam. Having some place they can send things to just gives them encouragement. :(

What I want to do is send a return email EMP that melts their computer.

• Like! 1

LOL I think you misunderstood...

Actually, I understood perfectly.

I never try to do anything that will allow Spammers an extra place to spread their filth. That includes dummy emails addresses that are only there to collect spam. Having some place they can send things to just gives them encouragement. :(

What I want to do is send a return email EMP that melts their computer.

Well... OK.. I can see your point to a degree, but in reality, like it or not, it's here to stay. The only way we can give them NO targets to send their crap is to not have email of any sort. Period.

And that, in this day and age is NOT happening. Email is just too useful, So, the only way to deal with it is to delete it.

Be careful where you aim that Email EMP... The computer you aim it at may be your own. Taking over computers for the purpose of spam delivery IS a popular activity for the various d-bags out there.

• Like! 1

Be careful where you aim that Email EMP... The computer you aim it at may be your own. Taking over computers for the purpose of spam delivery IS a popular activity for the various d-bags out there.

Yeah, I know. That's why I spend so much of my valuable time running anti-virus scans and anti-malware scans from multiple programs when I should be playing computer games!