Dark Matter...

Seems SyFy has a fondness for the name of our favorite site... But not for the reasons why most of us come here.

They have a new show on the tube called "Dark Matter" and it's about 6 apparent strangers who wake up on a space ship without a clue as to who they are.

The page for the show can be found here

• Like! 1

Have you watched any of this new series, Wolfie? Also, wasn't there another series before, a kind of weird, off center examination of crazy spooky experimentation and history from the past?

:)

gogo

By the way, how did it ever become the name of a Sacred fansite? What was the thought process behind it?

I have also wondered that...

What was the reason behind the madness?

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

Well, it is a great spooky name for a detective story. And "Black Substances" just sounds... wrong.

Black substances... Immediately brings to mind things like heroin.. Black Tar..

• Like! 1

It's typical SyFy schlock. it's not really all that compelling. It's weakly written. The only thing going for it are the special effects. But hey, I'm a bit jaded.. lol

LOL wolfie, you could not have said this better... typical sci fi schlock... how apt...and how, eeek, I seem compelled to ferret out this kind of stuff!

:oooo:

gogo

People like it because of the two meanings of the word "matter." It's a play on the words. It also has sci-fi connotations, and when you combine that with spooky things, the two meanings of the term "Dark Matter" become one.

By the way, how did it ever become the name of a Sacred fansite? What was the thought process behind it?

Answer coming up!

gogo

I have also wondered that...

What was the reason behind the madness?

Delta!

Answer on it's way!

gogo

It's typical SyFy schlock. it's not really all that compelling. It's weakly written. The only thing going for it are the special effects. But hey, I'm a bit jaded.. lol

LOL wolfie, you could not have said this better... typical sci fi schlock... how apt...and how, eeek, I seem compelled to ferret out this kind of stuff!

:oooo:

gogo

The problem with this - I think - is the caliber of acting they're getting. It comes off as being...plastic.

It comes off as if the actors are phoning it in instead of being on the set and actually trying to make it believable. Or interesting.

Take for instance, the characters from Stargate SG-1. The cast made the characters come alive. These guys... They have no passion.

Even Zoie Palmer - the gal who previously played Lauren - the doctor from Lost Girl comes off as less than human. Granted, she plays an android, but still. Brent Spiner played Data - also an android - with much more engaging and interesting effect.

I dunno.. if you want a wild and crazy pirate adventure - check out One Piece..

• Like! 1

This discussion got me thinking about old school, good sci fi series... as of yesterday I consider myself officially addicted to Heroes... dunno how I missed that years back, but I find it has weathered well, and the music and writing is terrific.

As well, a small dollop on the side.. ever heard of "The lost Room?"

The review on it is interesting, in fact, eerie?

And it's just a wee mini series... enough to much on in a quick afternoon

gogo