Energy Pistols

Hey all. I was trying to mod out a Temple Guardian so that Lost Fusion could work with ranged weapons. Setting aside all the many issues I'm having with trying to mod it (other than giving my guy a permanent jetpack as a buff, which is cool :D), I was playing around with the guy using an energy pistol, and I was frustrated by how close he kept getting to fire off ... Projektile? I forget the real name of it lol, since I'm looking at it in spell.txt too much, I guess. Well, then I tried using a Energy Pistol on a Magic Coup Elf on the PS3, and I realized that it seems to have a rather short range. Has anyone actually used these in a build? They look really cool, and I want to use them, but they don't do enough damage IMO for how close you have to get with them.

For reference, I'm not using the community mod. I may try it out eventually, but since I'm doing an LP on youtube, I don't want to risk compromising my files.

If you're modding, just increase the "fightDistance" parameter. Otherwise, try holding down CTRL+click to stand still and force a fire. This can help you keep a lead on moving targets as well.

I found Lost Fusion super disappointing in the normal game. So much so that I made sure to overhaul the aspect completely when I made the Enhanced Spells mod. I don't think CM Patch made any meaningful changes to Lost Fusion anyway, except for Archimedes Beam getting a range boost. Still, there are some guides around (look for something about a 'ping-pong' build).