Searching for technical knowledge - Windows games on Android device?

I am wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me by directing me to an app that lets me play windows games on an android device? My wife just bought a tablet running android 4.4 'kitkat' and after searching for games for it found an article from 2011 about an app being developed that lets you play HoMM3 on android and that Sacred might be possible too. However the links from that article lead to a dead end saying that that app had been abandoned but that others (unspecified) were still in development.

Does anyone know of anything that is available?

Maybe they abandoned it because the machines could not handle the load. I have trouble just running certain video formats and flash games on my cheap device. You think your machine is up the task?

Hmmmm.. Yeh.. I'm not thinking this would be much in the way of a good thing either.

Just because it CAN be done in theory doesn't make it something that would be fun. Or worth the effort.. While tablets have gotten faster, I have yet to see any Android tablet that could handle something like Sacred Underworld - and do it in such a way that the experience doesn't look like a slide show.

HoMM3 might work out ok - there IS an actual Android version of the game that was released some months ago according to Wikipedia. (maybe another reason why the project was abandoned). If memory serves - HoMM3 is a turn based game without any real time combat and as such would be less of a load on the tablet than something like Sacred - which is all real time combat.

HoMM3 for Android can be gotten from Google Play at this link... Mind you, HoMM3 for Android doesn't include the expansion packs. According to the company, Ubisoft, the source code for the expansion packs was lost...

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

HoMM3 for Android can be gotten from Google Play at this link... Mind you, HoMM3 for Android doesn't include the expansion packs. According to the company, Ubisoft, the source code for the expansion packs was lost...

I had a look at that version and it is the new HD version, which has rubbish reviews and is absolutely basic with none of the expansion packs. It would be like playing Sacred2 with only the initial elf lands available and none of the rest of the map.

Oh well my wife may have to settle for less interesting games then.

• Like! 1

I had a look at that version and it is the new HD version, which has rubbish reviews and is absolutely basic with none of the expansion packs. It would be like playing Sacred2 with only the initial elf lands available and none of the rest of the map.

Oh well my wife may have to settle for less interesting games then.

Well. True.. I did say the expansion pack source code was lost.

On the other hand... If there's enough demand for them, maybe Ubisoft could get off their collective duffs and make (or remake) those expansion packs. They do have the original code, they've also got enough understanding of said code to upgrade the original software AND port it to iOS and Android. The BIG challenge, IMO, is understanding the logic used by the original programmers. If you can tackle the basics, you can do expansion projects as well. The key, tho, is demand.

One other note.. If you haven't already done so - consider getting the Amazon store app... They have some different apps and games than the stuff on Google Play and they have a daily free app/game thing... Might be worth a look.

Thanks, I will tell my wife and she can look for herself. It's her wonderful new texhnology, meanwhile I will go back to my umpteen years old and obsolete WinXP laptop which still plays all the good games without any problems.