Good Morning,

I am a 51 year old Sacred 2 fan, my son introduced me to it years ago on the ps3, but now I can't play it on my ps3 cuz it no longer will read any discs :( I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota, about 20 miles from Mt Rushmore, I have 2 grown children a son 30 and a daughter 26, and I also have 2 fur babies, both Chihuahua's.

When I found out I could get Sacred 2 for my PC it was a no brainer had to get it, but since I got it a week ago I haven't really been able to play and I am really bummed. I have changed the compatibility to windows xp sp3, and I was in the game long enough to create a character, and then it froze and I couldn't get back in, so I was sent here, and I tried the community patch and I downloaded and installed and then my virus protector removed it before I could play saying it was a Trojan, so here I sit still unable to play my favorite game in the world!

Please help

• Like! 1

Hi and welcome Theresa...Just a couple questions to help us help you

What is your actual OS?

Have you tried disabling Physx in the video options? (this solved a lot issues for many people)

Have you tried running Virtual XP? Click here for Win 7 I haven't tried it on Win 8 but this was the only way I could get some of my older programs to work.

Also if you could explain more on what is happening..you can create a character, but cannot load game or does it crash as soon as you are in game? Does your pc freeze or black screen? any error messages?

• Like! 1

if the game freezes that might be a problem with RAM, game needs 1GB RAM

if you experience ctd(crash to desktop), try to do a new fresh install, without patches

if you could only create the char but after the intro video you could not see anything that might be a problem with your graphic card. you can see the grapic card requeriments

I have never played Sacred 2 on WinXP, but I think the game runs better on Win7 cause I think it was created for Win Vista

But anyways if you got a very old pc ( >6 years) you may need to buy a new one

• Like! 1

Hi and welcome Theresa...Just a couple questions to help us help you

What is your actual OS?

Have you tried disabling Physx in the video options? (this solved a lot issues for many people)

Have you tried running Virtual XP? Click here for Win 7 I haven't tried it on Win 8 but this was the only way I could get some of my older programs to work.

Also if you could explain more on what is happening..you can create a character, but cannot load game or does it crash as soon as you are in game? Does your pc freeze or black screen? any error messages?

XP Mode is NOT an option. XP Mode creates a rather basic virtual machine that has utter crap for graphics. The primary purpose for XP Mode is for business apps that won't run on Vista or beyond.

Hello there! The Community Patch sometimes gives false positives for a virus. Every now and then someone reports it, but it's clean. We check the download periodically just to make sure.

Although, I don't think the CM Patch would help your particular problem in this case. It sounds like some other kind of issue.

I have Windows 7 and I don't run the game in any kind of compatibility mode, so I don't think that's necessary.

• Like! 1

if the game freezes that might be a problem with RAM, game needs 1GB RAM

if you experience ctd(crash to desktop), try to do a new fresh install, without patches

if you could only create the char but after the intro video you could not see anything that might be a problem with your graphic card. you can see the grapic card requeriments

I have never played Sacred 2 on WinXP, but I think the game runs better on Win7 cause I think it was created for Win Vista

But anyways if you got a very old pc ( >6 years) you may need to buy a new one

I missed your great introduction Theresa

Looks like you've gotten some help, and are on your way to enjoying this great game

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Welcome to DarkMatters. Hope you have an amazing time on the forums!

Check out the dark kitchen for some food things, and join us on the ralted word game!

Delta!

• Like! 1