Someone's gone quite mad here.....

Not quite sure who it was - but clearly they lost their marbles.. They're a few fry's short of a Happy Meal.. A few sandwiches short of a picnic...

After all, they created THIS monstrosity...

post-14586-0-15993700-1438804658_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1

I look at all that chicken and I think Chick Fil A... probably THE best chicken I've head in my life, and, it seems for now, only available in the states... had some on my last trip down to see my family, and I was just literally shocked at how good chicken can taste, especially after getting a kind of aversion to eating it with a bone showing... only thing is Chick Fil A's pretty much cornered the market on how much calories is in their food...even their delicious dipping sauces (Polynesian Sauce (Chick-fil-A)

Per 1 serving - Calories: 110kcal | Fat: 6.00g | Carbs: 14.00g | Protein: 0.00g Nutrition Facts - Similar anyone?) top the scales.

Maybe they sponsored this leaning tower of edible horror?

:lol:

gogo

FWIW, there are like 4 or 5 major chicken chains around - at least in my area. Who knows how many more local and regional chains are out there.

KFC - the classic.. Recently revived Colonel Sander's from the dead. Zombie Colonel Sanders isn't very funny - even tho he thinks he is.

Popeye's - Louisiana style spicy chicken - Good stuff... A tad expensive. but worth it.

Church's Chicken - Mostly found in minority areas... Supposed to be really good chicken..

Chik-Fil-A - made a name for themselves recently as being anti-gay. Some people had an epic cow over that - and Chik-Fil-A made a ton of money.

And 110 calories for 1 oz of sauce - that's actually not THAT bad. The salt level isn't through the roof either. Check out Lee Kum Kee's offering - 1060 mg of salt in 2 Tbs.. Instant sodium overdose..

• Like! 1

I guess I missed the whole Chik-Fil-A thing, but I can't say I'm surprised since they're a religious company. They are (out at least used to be) all closed on Sundays for religious reasons.

That is the most disgusting lookin thing ever! As a chef I am appalled. As a human being who feeds other humans decent food, I would like to know who makes something like that!?! Gross!

And thank you for the warning Wolfie, if I ever do get the chance to go to America, I will most definitely NOT support Chik-Fil-A. In the times we live in now, how can any company be homophobic? Pfff.

Delta!

Wait... before you head to America, make a detour to MtL to us here in Canada... our city is filled with insane curios for Chefs!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

FWIW, there are like 4 or 5 major chicken chains around - at least in my area. Who knows how many more local and regional chains are out there.

KFC - the classic.. Recently revived Colonel Sander's from the dead. Zombie Colonel Sanders isn't very funny - even tho he thinks he is.

Popeye's - Louisiana style spicy chicken - Good stuff... A tad expensive. but worth it.

Church's Chicken - Mostly found in minority areas... Supposed to be really good chicken..

Chik-Fil-A - made a name for themselves recently as being anti-gay. Some people had an epic cow over that - and Chik-Fil-A made a ton of money.

And 110 calories for 1 oz of sauce - that's actually not THAT bad. The salt level isn't through the roof either. Check out Lee Kum Kee's offering - 1060 mg of salt in 2 Tbs.. Instant sodium overdose..

I remember the huge furor with Chick Fil A being against Gay Marriage, a huge outcry at the time, and as Lujate posts, they're not open on Sundays because of Religion. Yeah they're stance for this is deplorable, but that one time I tried it, dang, their food is good!

Cool thing is, I dont have to go there anymore for that kind of feel/taste... one of the top chefs in Canada just opened up a seriously sick NYC chicken sandwich place that has people lining up already going down the street, and they were limiting orders per person for a while!!

After an opening weekend full of long lines and intense demand, David Chang's new fried chicken sandwich restaurant, Fuku, is closing its doors to take a two-day breather.

New York-based food and travel writer Bao Ong stopped by the East Village restaurant — Chang's first foray into fast-food — on Sunday, when the wait to get in was 20 minutes long.

fuku%20line-1.jpgBao OngHere's a view of the line from the back, where Ong was waiting.

At one point the restaurant got so busy that it had to impose a six-sandwich-per-person maximum order. In a message to Eater.com, Fuku management said that while there is no actual order cap, they may enforce one from time to time to "ensure that all guests are served in a timely manner."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-the-line-to-get-a-sandwich-at-david-changs-fuku-2015-6#ixzz3i87pIwBn

That is the most disgusting lookin thing ever! As a chef I am appalled. As a human being who feeds other humans decent food, I would like to know who makes something like that!?! Gross!

And thank you for the warning Wolfie, if I ever do get the chance to go to America, I will most definitely NOT support Chik-Fil-A. In the times we live in now, how can any company be homophobic? Pfff.

Delta!

I'm all for having lunch (or dinner) and dessert.. BUT NOT IN THE SAME DISH!

Wondering if a 4 yr old came up with that one. That's the only explanation that makes any sense.

As others have pointed out - the people running Chik-Fil-A is religioius.. hard core religious. And as such, well.. they've got a right to be that way. Religious freedom and all that...

I can't say ye or nay on how their food is - never had it before. They weren't readily available in my neck of the woods - and still aren't for the most part.

I will say that they DO somewhat amusing advertisements. There's a billboard on my way to work that reads "May we rekomend the chikn" - being pasted on said billboard by a couple of cows.

Seems the cows have been at it for a while now - and even have a facebook page...

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

I always found Chik-Fil-A chicken awful, even for fast food.

That was actually the first time I had chicken like that. Maybe it's that "style" I go for? We don't have that here in Montreal

Plus those sauces

ahhh, those sauces...

:drool:

gogo