Help killing bosses

I resumed playing Sacred 2 recently, with the 2.65 build plus CM. Has the CM made fighting bosses a lot harder? It seems so to me. I can kill bosses with my BFG Seraphim, but everybody else cannot do enough damage to overcome regeneration. What am I missing here? Do I need to shop for the best gear I can find, or what? My builds follow some of those posted in this forum. Your help is greatly appreciated.

• Like! 1

some bosses like Bloodclaw or Forest Guardian are harder to kill cause their fast hp regeneration, the CM Patch didnt make any bosses harder to kill, only boss exclusive of CM Patch you may have problems with is Queen of Spiders.

I dont know what is your char build, but even if you did follow a guide step by step it doesnt mean you wont find troubles during your campaign, BFG kills dragons easily but not White Griffin even if you got a nice gear

If you have problems killing bosses you should improve your gear with a good shopper

The best way to overcome bosses is to deal with their resistances by switching to a damag type that isn't in their resistances.

I.e. The White Griffin is resisting Ice and magic damage a lot - along with physical dmg - but has a very low resistance to fire. Using BFG on that opponent - which is doing lots of magic dmg - makes the fight a lot harder as to switching to a weapon equipped with some fire dmg.

So, considering BFG is a ranged weapon, best you can do is to switch to a bow doing a different type of damage, to make sure your seraphim hurts that boss big time.

Or you equip some swords / axes to do the same, but head into the melee with them.

Another thing that comes to mind is; isn't BFG related to the "common" weapons you've got equipped, as in taking parts of the "base dmg" of those weapons to deal dmg to opponents?

If it is, perhaps you simply should upgrade your weapons to a few close to your level and check what happens next.

And finally: all the bosses are listed at the Wiki. It's worth a try to check them over there and look at their resistances before you encounter them and thus preparing for the fight beforehand.

Thorin :)

Thanks for all the info! Gar'Colossus and Octagolamus are where I am getting stuck, my BFG seraphim has killed them, my melee seraphim is stuck on Gar'Colosses. It sounds like I need to check the wiki for weakness and get some damage going that takes advantage of those weaknesses.

If you can socket enough Regeneration per Hit in your gear you can just lay on the right mouse button and spam Soul Hammer over and over again.

You can kill him easily by using polearms with life leech %, they are not hard to find/buy. Also use Divine Protection

The problem with Gar'Colossus is the level in which you fight him, that boss hits fast and hard and its much more difficult to kill him if your melee char is low leveled, I always reach Gar'Colossus at level 25, when my build is more defined

To kill the GC, wait for him to throw some rocks at you. Dodge the rocks, smash them to pieces with your weapon and use the gained buff to damage him big time.

Another thing to do is to lure him up to the sidewalk. He can't regenerate as fast as at the bottom when using the T-energy, making him an easier kill.

To kill the Octo a bit easier, lure him out of the water at dry land. Sorta works the same as the T-enerypool the GC was using.

Thorin :)

which difficulty level?

every boss should be "easier" with fire damage, except fire dragon and on of the final guaridans.

Colossus could be harder if you rush too fast through the campaign...do some side-quests, its worth it. ;)

sidequests in Sacred 2 sometimes tell nice stories! ;)

but beside that:

- you get XP

- the more doing sidequest, the better the chance of set items as reward

- you explore the map => better MF

- more loot (and what is better in an ARPG than loot?...let me think a second...ah yes...moooore loot! :D )

• Like! 1

Welcome to DarkMatters!

I like doing a few side quests, and gain more experience before taking on bosses, and I also look at the general weakness of the area and slot those kinda damages on my weapons.

Delta!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum to share a bit of info concerning a few things including the Colossus boss. I came across some kind of glitch while fighting against him. It took me a few minutes to realize what was happening but I've found out that some "hirelings" can make this fight simply impossible. I dunno about other hirelings but I had Hansi (the singer from Blind Guardian) with me since I was playing on my tank SW and wanted to have a caster following me. I noticed that everytime Hansi was casting his lightning spell on the boss, his shield would instantly be destroyed but 1 or 2 seconds later it would be back at 100%. The boss HP would also regenerate each time, making the fight impossible. I decided to get rid of Hansi by completing his quest than I killed the boss quite easily. I also had Urzi the Bear with me but it didn't seem to cause any problems. I would recommend caution if you plan on keeping some of the hirelings with you, it's fun to have a little party following you but it can also make things complicated and buggy. ;)

Hansi's chain lightning attack disables buffs. So probably what was happening was that Gar's energy shield buff was being dispelled (not destroyed) so he casts the shield again and it seems like the shield has magically regenerated. Whereas if you destroy the shield by attacking it until it runs out of energy he tends not to cast it on himself again.

• Like! 1

Hansi's chain lightning attack disables buffs. So probably what was happening was that Gar's energy shield buff was being dispelled (not destroyed) so he casts the shield again and it seems like the shield has magically regenerated. Whereas if you destroy the shield by attacking it until it runs out of energy he tends not to cast it on himself again.

Yup, makes sense. And yeah, once I got rid of Hansi and finally destroyed Gar's shield on my own it didn't regenerate. The fight was pretty easy after that. :thumbs:

I don't remember reading about this in the Wiki but it seems the Gar'Colossus can lifeleech the players. Just noticed that today while trying to beat him with another melee toon. If that's the case then it's no wonder why so many people had problems with him. I tried to do as many people suggested, that is to attack him with ranged weapons but I keep getting that very annoying perma-paralysis glitch. I give up, the game's way too broken to even be fun at that point.

Are you playing with any mods? Gar is stronger in Enhanced Spells and Diablo 2 Fallen. Particularly in terms of hp regen and move speed. As far as I know he doesn't have life leech but he can regenerate his energy shield.

The perma-stun I believe is caused by a knockback effect from his blue nova. Only he and the Crystal traps in the Crystal Plane use that nova (they are another infamous source of perma-stun). I really ought to just remove the knockback effect from the game.

If you want, you can remove the knockback effect from his nova:

mgr.defineSpell( "boss_golem_schockwelle", {
	eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
	fxTypeCast = "FX_BOSSGOLEM_SHOCKWAVE_C",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_BOSSGOLEM_SHOCKWAVE",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "",
	duration = 0.000000,
	animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM02",
	animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 150, 0, 0, 8 },
		entry1 = {"et_range_area", 1500, 0, 0, 4 },
		entry2 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 420, 210, 0, 133 },
		entry3 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 420, 210, 0, 133 },
	},
	fightDistance = 525.000000,
	aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
	cooldown = 25.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 200,
	cost_base = 400,
	focus_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus",
	lore_skill_name = "skill__enemy_lore",
	spellClass = "cSpellNova",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_location_start",
	sorting_rank = 0,
})

You can open spells.txt in the scripts/shared folder of the game. Just search for "boss_golem_schockwelle" and replace the existing entry with the one above.

Other than that, I don't think you're encountering any bugs, just having difficulty.