Why am I asking all these Newb questions?

I played Sacred 1 a lot but when 2 came out my PC was not up to the challenge. When I got a better PC I played through the game and got to Gold once and then got distracted by other things.

I am back now and want to learn all the different classes and take one of each to Niob. I want to set up a shopper network, have a blacksmith and basically explore the entire game. Of course I have to do all the achievements too..... Sigh, so much to do, so much to learn, so little time.

One thing that is difficult for me when reading posts, especially those talking about different builds, is that I can't always tell if a post was made for the original game or Blood and Ice or the Community Patch. Is there an easy way of determining that?

Good question....hmmmm...

Probably not an easy way to tell...though most builds that worked in original game should also work in Ice and Blood...Never really played the CM patch so won't offer an opinion there.....If there is a build in particular you want to try, perhaps just post the link here and one of us can look it over real quick and see if we can tell what version of the game he/she was playing when posting that build.

p.s. no worries on 'noob' questions, we were all new to the game at some point and went through the same learning curve :D

• Like! 1

I&B together with CM Patch makes the game more challenging than vanilla, there are many changes and I think you can see all of them in the wiki.

You say you want to reach niob with all chars, that will take you a lot of time, my suggestion is you take a deep look through the wiki, specially in Combat Arts section and make new builds on your own without guides

If you make it to niobium you can share here with us your sucessful build, and maybe we can see a new different way of playing

• Like! 1

I'm probably one of the few people on the forum not playing the expansion. The major differences are that in the expansion +skills have been nerfed, Regen per hit works and deathblow doesn't work for spells. Stamina has less effect iirc. There are more items too.

You can also check the date of the posts. Some mention if they are fallen angel or expansion.

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1

Er... FWIW, RpH (Regen per Hit) works just fine in Ice and Blood and with the CM Patch.

In addition, the expansion also includes two new playable areas - the Crystal Plane and the Blood Forest.

I'll have to go along with what Daniat suggested - namely skipping the guides and going thru the Wiki and pick through the skills for each character and see how they work. You'll still need to play each character a bit to see how the skills actually work and you'll need practice to make use of them...

Try to pick something that is effective. By that, I mean does what it's supposed to do - KILL the enemy.. Some skills are indispensable. For instance, a Seraphim with dual wield becomes a virtual veg-o-matic when you use the Pelting Strikes CA... She slices, she dices and makes thousands of julienne fries out of the baddies. It also helps to have a pair of sharp blades...

Other skills are just not quite so much. Like the BeeEffGee mixed with the same Pelting Strikes. While the dual wielding swords will give you 6 hits per use, the big gun only gives you two hits per. But hey, some people prefer a ranged game instead of getting up close and personal with the enemy..

It's up to you to check out the skills and CAs and see what works best for you.

• Like! 1