Voty

Sacred 2 Elite Textures mirror ?

Voty    3

Hello there again friendly friends ! :D
Im just trying to find Elite Textures for Sacred 2 but cant find it.
Some dude uploaded it on depositfiles which is slow for me because im using regular download.
He said it's with permision of Deep Silver so I guess they dont have any problems with their texture pack distribution so is there anyone who have some good link where I can download it faster than 300kb/s ?
If you want to check out that topic on Steam forums there you go !

http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/864956554771486869/

Flix    2,935

I used a torrent of the collector's edition, with just the elite textures dvd checked to download. I would just upload a mirror myself, but after installing them I deleted the install dvd to save disk space.

Voty    3

I used a torrent of the collector's edition, with just the elite textures dvd checked to download. I would just upload a mirror myself, but after installing them I deleted the install dvd to save disk space.

Can you PM that ? and it works with Sacred 2 gold (Steam version ) right ?

Flix    2,935

Yeah... let me see if I can find the torrent, it may be dead since Sacred 2 Gold became available on GOG. I could just package and share the textures themselves, but the option to enable them in the settings wouldn't be present without a proper installation.

Technically, they work. Officially, the elite textures are not supported with Ice & Blood. This includes Sacred 2 Gold. They didn't even make elite textures for the expansion. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or if it's just a performance issue, but crashes and instability were reported, although I didn't have any.

Daniat    57

I may upload it to MEGA tomorrow, but I dont see the problem in downloading files with <300KB/s

Flix    2,935

Ok here's a link to the Elite Textures. Distributed with permission from rights holders Deep Silver.

Elite Textures for Sacred 2

It's a Google Drive link, so there should be no download speed limit. The file is an .iso , a copy of the original install disk. It should be mounted as a virtual dvd with something like Daemon Tools or MagicISO/MagicDisc. Then run the setup. There will now be an option to enable elite textures in the options menu.

Should work with any Sacred 2 version, CM Patch, and most mods.

• Like 2

Flix    2,935

Just FYI the elite textures don't work with my mod Diablo 2 Fallen. Well, they work, they just override most of the ones from my mod. The Community Patch also replaced a number of "normal" maps (these are textures that give the illusion of bumps and depth), presumably for bug-fixing purposes - these changes would also seem to be overridden by installing the elite textures.

It's just a load order problem. The game loads graphics01.zip - graphics32.zip in numerical order, so files with the same name that appear earlier get overwritten by their counterparts in later numbers.

I fiddled around with them and got them to play nice together. I was pleased with the results.

The do-it-yourself instructions are this:

1. Install CM Patch and Diablo 2 Fallen, and Elite Textures
  2. Inside the game's "pak" folder, make copies of graphics13.zip, graphics14.zip, and graphics15.zip and rename them to graphics25.zip, graphics26.zip, and graphics27.zip
  3. Back up the old graphics25-27 zip files, and then overwrite them (they contain nothing but dummy files)
  4. Open up each of these three zip files and copy everything from the "mq" folders into the "hq" folders (you'll have to make an hq folder for graphics26).
  5. After doing this you can delete the mq folders and everything else inside these three zip files except for the hq folders
  6. You can uninstall the patch/mod the normal ways but you should probably then replace the old graphics25-27 files

By doing this you are telling the game to load the CM Patch, Item Mod, and D2F textures after the Elite Textures, but also keeping them in compressed folders and eliminating some of the redundancy of having the same textures in both the "mq" and "hq" folders.

I'll put a link to this post in the D2F main thread.

Edited by Flix
  • Like 3

Voty    3

Great guide and thanks for reupload ! Just installed everything and it works just great. Plus it's easy to understand which is big + for me ;D

• Like 1

muffin1    7

Just FYI the elite textures don't work with my mod Diablo 2 Fallen. Well, they work, they just override most of the ones from my mod. The Community Patch also replaced a number of "normal" maps (these are textures that give the illusion of bumps and depth), presumably for bug-fixing purposes - these changes would also seem to be overridden by installing the elite textures.

It's just a load order problem. The game loads graphics01.zip - graphics32.zip in numerical order, so files with the same name that appear earlier get overwritten by their counterparts in later numbers.

I fiddled around with them and got them to play nice together. I was pleased with the results.

The do-it-yourself instructions are this:

1. Install CM Patch and Diablo 2 Fallen, and Elite Textures
  2. Inside the game's "pak" folder, make copies of graphics13.zip, graphics14.zip, and graphics15.zip and rename them to graphics25.zip, graphics26.zip, and graphics27.zip
  3. Back up the old graphics25-27 zip files, and then overwrite them (they contain nothing but dummy files)
  4. Open up each of these three zip files and copy everything from the "mq" folders into the "hq" folders (you'll have to make an hq folder for graphics26).
  5. After doing this you can delete the mq folders and everything else inside these three zip files except for the hq folders
  6. You can uninstall the patch/mod the normal ways but you should probably then replace the old graphics25-27 files

By doing this you are telling the game to load the CM Patch, Item Mod, and D2F textures after the Elite Textures, but also keeping them in compressed folders and eliminating some of the redundancy of having the same textures in both the "mq" and "hq" folders.

I'll put a link to this post in the D2F main thread.

Could anyone please please translate into german:)

muffin1    7

My problem: I can copy the content of the mq folder - but not paste into hq folder.... :wacko:

Graphic 13.zip is now the only folder with content like mq, hq and so on.

Folder Graphic 14, 15, 25-27 have only one file: dummy.txt....? Where is the mistake?

Edited by muffin1

Flix    2,935

My problem: I can copy the content of the mq folder - but not paste into hq folder.... :wacko:

Graphic 13.zip is now the only folder with content like mq, hq and so on.

Folder Graphic 14, 15, 25-27 have only one file: dummy.txt....? Where is the mistake?

If there's nothing in graphics 14 or 15 then you don't have the Diablo 2 mod installed. That's step #1.

• Like 1

rm3000    52

I can at least try:

Zu Deiner Information, die Elite-Texturen funktionieren nicht zusammen mit [Flix'] mod "Diablo 2 Fallen". Naja, sie funktionieren schon, aber sie überschreiben einfach nur die meisten von [Flix'] mod. Der Community-patch ersetzt auch ein paar "normale maps" (das sind Texturen, die die Illusion von Beulen und Tiefe erzeugen), wahrscheinlich um Fehler zu beheben - diese Änderungen werden scheinbar auch überschrieben, wenn man Elite-Texturen installiert.

Es ist nur ein Problem der Lade-Reihenfolge. Das Spiel lädt graphics01.zip bis graphics32.zip der Reihe nach [also aufsteigend], daher werden Dateien mit gleichem Namen, die früher erscheinen, überschrieben von ihren Entsprechungen mit höheren Zahlen.

[Flix hat] an ihnen rumgefummelt und sie dazu gebracht, nett miteinander umzugehen. [Er] war erfreut vom Ergebnis.

Die mach's-Dir-selbst-Anweisungen lauten wie folgt:

• CM-patch und Diablo 2 Fallen installieren und [dann] Elite-Texturen
  • Im "pak"-Ordner des Spiels: erzeuge Kopien von graphics13.zip, graphics14.zip und graphics15.zip und benenne sie um in graphics25.zip, graphics26.zip und graphics27.zip
  • Erstelle ein backup von den alten 25-27 zip-Dateien und überschreibe sie dann (sie enthalten nichts ausser Platzhalter-Dateien)
  • Öffne diese drei zip-Dateien und kopiere alles aus den "mq"-Ordnern in die "hq"-Ordner (Du musst "hq" für graphics26.zip erst erstellen).
  • Nachdem Du das erledigt hast, kannst Du die "mq"-Ordner und alles andere in diesen zip-Dateien löschen, bis auf die "hq"-Ordner
  • Du kannst patch bzw. mod ganz normal deinstallieren, aber Du solltest dann wahrscheinlich die alten graphics25-27-Dateien [zurücksichern]
Indem Du das tust, erklärst Du dem Spiel, die Texturen von CM-patch, Item Mod und D2F nach den Elite-Texturen zu laden, aber Du belässt sie auch in komprimierten Ordnern und eliminierst einen Teil der Redundanz, also dass Du gleiche Texturen sowohl im "mq"- als auch im "hq"-Ordner hast.

[Flix wird] eine Verknüpfung zu diesem Beitrag in die D2F-Diskussion setzen.

• Like 2

gogoblender    1,487

I can at least try:

Zu Deiner Information, die Elite-Texturen funktionieren nicht zusammen mit [Flix'] mod "Diablo 2 Fallen". Naja, sie funktionieren schon, aber sie überschreiben einfach nur die meisten von [Flix'] mod. Der Community-patch ersetzt auch ein paar "normale maps" (das sind Texturen, die die Illusion von Beulen und Tiefe erzeugen), wahrscheinlich um Fehler zu beheben - diese Änderungen werden scheinbar auch überschrieben, wenn man Elite-Texturen installiert.

Es ist nur ein Problem der Lade-Reihenfolge. Das Spiel lädt graphics01.zip bis graphics32.zip der Reihe nach [also aufsteigend], daher werden Dateien mit gleichem Namen, die früher erscheinen, überschrieben von ihren Entsprechungen mit höheren Zahlen.

[Flix hat] an ihnen rumgefummelt und sie dazu gebracht, nett miteinander umzugehen. [Er] war erfreut vom Ergebnis.

Die mach's-Dir-selbst-Anweisungen lauten wie folgt:

• CM-patch und Diablo 2 Fallen installieren und [dann] Elite-Texturen
  • Im "pak"-Ordner des Spiels: erzeuge Kopien von graphics13.zip, graphics14.zip und graphics15.zip und benenne sie um in graphics25.zip, graphics26.zip und graphics27.zip
  • Erstelle ein backup von den alten 25-27 zip-Dateien und überschreibe sie dann (sie enthalten nichts ausser Platzhalter-Dateien)
  • Öffne diese drei zip-Dateien und kopiere alles aus den "mq"-Ordnern in die "hq"-Ordner (Du musst "hq" für graphics26.zip erst erstellen).
  • Nachdem Du das erledigt hast, kannst Du die "mq"-Ordner und alles andere in diesen zip-Dateien löschen, bis auf die "hq"-Ordner
  • Du kannst patch bzw. mod ganz normal deinstallieren, aber Du solltest dann wahrscheinlich die alten graphics25-27-Dateien [zurücksichern]
Indem Du das tust, erklärst Du dem Spiel, die Texturen von CM-patch, Item Mod und D2F nach den Elite-Texturen zu laden, aber Du belässt sie auch in komprimierten Ordnern und eliminierst einen Teil der Redundanz, also dass Du gleiche Texturen sowohl im "mq"- als auch im "hq"-Ordner hast.

[Flix wird] eine Verknüpfung zu diesem Beitrag in die D2F-Diskussion setzen.

Thank you for the translation Flo!

:gogo:

gogo

rm3000    52

Thank you for the translation Flo!

:gogo:

gogo

Well, since I'm a Supporting Member now, what else could I do but help out. At least I hope it helped. And it actually was a nice experience.

Also, I'm ten days late, sorry about that.

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,487

Always a party here on the boards...suck up some Montreal Poutine, in the cafe on the right!

:bounce:

gogo