Sacred 2 Elite Textures mirror ?

Hello there again friendly friends ! :D
Im just trying to find Elite Textures for Sacred 2 but cant find it.
Some dude uploaded it on depositfiles which is slow for me because im using regular download.
He said it's with permision of Deep Silver so I guess they dont have any problems with their texture pack distribution so is there anyone who have some good link where I can download it faster than 300kb/s ?
If you want to check out that topic on Steam forums there you go !

http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/864956554771486869/

I used a torrent of the collector's edition, with just the elite textures dvd checked to download. I would just upload a mirror myself, but after installing them I deleted the install dvd to save disk space.

I used a torrent of the collector's edition, with just the elite textures dvd checked to download. I would just upload a mirror myself, but after installing them I deleted the install dvd to save disk space.

Can you PM that ? and it works with Sacred 2 gold (Steam version ) right ?

Yeah... let me see if I can find the torrent, it may be dead since Sacred 2 Gold became available on GOG. I could just package and share the textures themselves, but the option to enable them in the settings wouldn't be present without a proper installation.

Technically, they work. Officially, the elite textures are not supported with Ice & Blood. This includes Sacred 2 Gold. They didn't even make elite textures for the expansion. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or if it's just a performance issue, but crashes and instability were reported, although I didn't have any.

• 1 month later...

My problem: I can copy the content of the mq folder - but not paste into hq folder.... :wacko:

Graphic 13.zip is now the only folder with content like mq, hq and so on.

Folder Graphic 14, 15, 25-27 have only one file: dummy.txt....? Where is the mistake?

Edited by muffin1

My problem: I can copy the content of the mq folder - but not paste into hq folder.... :wacko:

Graphic 13.zip is now the only folder with content like mq, hq and so on.

Folder Graphic 14, 15, 25-27 have only one file: dummy.txt....? Where is the mistake?

If there's nothing in graphics 14 or 15 then you don't have the Diablo 2 mod installed. That's step #1.

• Like! 1

Could anyone please please translate into german:)

I can at least try:

Zu Deiner Information, die Elite-Texturen funktionieren nicht zusammen mit [Flix'] mod "Diablo 2 Fallen". Naja, sie funktionieren schon, aber sie überschreiben einfach nur die meisten von [Flix'] mod. Der Community-patch ersetzt auch ein paar "normale maps" (das sind Texturen, die die Illusion von Beulen und Tiefe erzeugen), wahrscheinlich um Fehler zu beheben - diese Änderungen werden scheinbar auch überschrieben, wenn man Elite-Texturen installiert.

Es ist nur ein Problem der Lade-Reihenfolge. Das Spiel lädt graphics01.zip bis graphics32.zip der Reihe nach [also aufsteigend], daher werden Dateien mit gleichem Namen, die früher erscheinen, überschrieben von ihren Entsprechungen mit höheren Zahlen.

[Flix hat] an ihnen rumgefummelt und sie dazu gebracht, nett miteinander umzugehen. [Er] war erfreut vom Ergebnis.

Die mach's-Dir-selbst-Anweisungen lauten wie folgt:

• CM-patch und Diablo 2 Fallen installieren und [dann] Elite-Texturen
  • Im "pak"-Ordner des Spiels: erzeuge Kopien von graphics13.zip, graphics14.zip und graphics15.zip und benenne sie um in graphics25.zip, graphics26.zip und graphics27.zip
  • Erstelle ein backup von den alten 25-27 zip-Dateien und überschreibe sie dann (sie enthalten nichts ausser Platzhalter-Dateien)
  • Öffne diese drei zip-Dateien und kopiere alles aus den "mq"-Ordnern in die "hq"-Ordner (Du musst "hq" für graphics26.zip erst erstellen).
  • Nachdem Du das erledigt hast, kannst Du die "mq"-Ordner und alles andere in diesen zip-Dateien löschen, bis auf die "hq"-Ordner
  • Du kannst patch bzw. mod ganz normal deinstallieren, aber Du solltest dann wahrscheinlich die alten graphics25-27-Dateien [zurücksichern]
Indem Du das tust, erklärst Du dem Spiel, die Texturen von CM-patch, Item Mod und D2F nach den Elite-Texturen zu laden, aber Du belässt sie auch in komprimierten Ordnern und eliminierst einen Teil der Redundanz, also dass Du gleiche Texturen sowohl im "mq"- als auch im "hq"-Ordner hast.

[Flix wird] eine Verknüpfung zu diesem Beitrag in die D2F-Diskussion setzen.

Thank you for the translation Flo!

:gogo:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the translation Flo!

:gogo:

gogo

Well, since I'm a Supporting Member now, what else could I do but help out. At least I hope it helped. And it actually was a nice experience.

Also, I'm ten days late, sorry about that.

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 years later...
10 hours ago, meph144 said:

let me know if you have download link for elite texture or some better textures for sacred 2 pls send me message or say here

I recommend to use the Elite Textures Trimmed available here:

This improves performance without losing any visual quality.  It's a smaller download as well.  There's no installer involved; you need only copy the files into the game's pak folder.

• Thanks! 1