Hey there, :yay:

I don't know if it's because I'm over 40 or something but I tend to forget important things just because something else came up. Like introducing myself here. Sorry for the delay.

My name's Barbara, but please call me B*. I've played Sacred ever since it was out. I loved the... what was it back then? The Darkelf? Oh yeah, and the Succubus! I was a member of a "guild" back then and we played D2LoD and S1 like crazy... ahh, good times.

I think I was one of the first to get Sacred 2 and the add-on, of course. Haven't played Sacred 2 for years, though. I just recently started again. These days I play by myself mostly because of the CM and because I have little time for computer games. Which is a darn shame if you ask me... I totally adore the Dragon Age series. Also, I love The Witcher series. But since I don't have enough time to immerse in those games, I just keep it short and simple and travel to Ancaria, saving that world from chaos as a Pyro-High Elf. Lately I've been trying to get to know the seraphim a little better. I barely remember what I liked or not liked about all the characters... old, nutty bat, me.

What else is there to know about me? Heck, if you want to know something, just ask. I'm an open book... well, kinda :twitch:

ttys,

B*

Edited by Vanessapapillon
  • Like! 1

Hey B* :D

Well coming from the (just recently) over 50 crowd, I'm always forgetting something. Mostly because I'm so busy at work. Though my daughter is sure it's early stages of senility. Sadly since the servers went off-line, I haven't played much Sacred 2. Been playing Grim Dawn for the last year or 2.

• Like! 1

Welcome to DarkMatters

Hope you have a pleasant an fruitful stay with us, join us for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and super in the dark kitchen. And the related word game for some word fun!

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

Wow!

Thanks guys!!! I'm so proud that I actually crawled out of lurkdom (the nerve!!!) and posted. Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

@ Knuckles

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm currently finishing my MA next to two dayjobs :blink: so I'm kinda busy as a B* and I don't think I'm senile yet (my mom tells me I might be, though).

@ lujate

Kids these days... ;) I don't have any, but I'm a teacher, so... you know... :nooo:

@ Delta!

Thank you! Yup, my supper is your breakfast or something like that, cuz I'm from Europe!

Have a nice day y'all and I'll talk to you later!

B*

Hey there, :yay:

I don't know if it's because I'm over 40 or something but I tend to forget important things just because something else came up. Like introducing myself here. Sorry for the delay.

My name's Barbara, but please call me B*. I've played Sacred ever since it was out. I loved the... what was it back then? The Darkelf? Oh yeah, and the Succubus! I was a member of a "guild" back then and we played D2LoD and S1 like crazy... ahh, good times.

I think I was one of the first to get Sacred 2 and the add-on, of course. Haven't played Sacred 2 for years, though. I just recently started again. These days I play by myself mostly because of the CM and because I have little time for computer games. Which is a darn shame if you ask me... I totally adore the Dragon Age series. Also, I love The Witcher series. But since I don't have enough time to immerse in those games, I just keep it short and simple and travel to Ancaria, saving that world from chaos as a Pyro-High Elf. Lately I've been trying to get to know the seraphim a little better. I barely remember what I liked or not liked about all the characters... old, nutty bat, me.

What else is there to know about me? Heck, if you want to know something, just ask. I'm an open book... well, kinda :twitch:

ttys,

B*

I love these richly written intros. It's the best part of having a community with members... meeting new peeps and socializing!

You're here, at home, with fellow confreres and uber fans of Sacred, please enjoy the great goodies on the boards, builds, Wiki, and food posts ^^

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

:bounce:

@ Spock

Personally, I feel it's much more rewarding to teach older students and adults, so I can totally relate to what you said about going back to teaching them. I've been teaching adults for over 20 years now.

I don't exactly know why, but I could never get into Skyrim. Maybe it's because I tried it after I plummeted into the Dragon Age Universe and was totally captured by it. After that, nothing could live up to it - that sorta thing, you know?

When I feel (really) nostalgic, I still play D2LoD. Online and HC. Funny thing is I never play Sacred 2 HC. I don't know why. It's a mystery to me.

Live long and prosper!

@ Dorimil

Grüß dich! :bye:

Thanks all for :friends3: again! I'll use the rest of my lunchbreak to head over to Ancaria -- places to be, monsters to slay...

ttys,

B*

• Like! 1

I don't exactly know why, but I could never get into Skyrim. Maybe it's because I tried it after I plummeted into the Dragon Age Universe and was totally captured by it. After that, nothing could live up to it - that sorta thing, you know?

Dragon Age Origins came and kicked pretty much every other game's butt. The only other game world I can remember being invested in that much (characters, story, history) is The Witcher series.

• Like! 1

... When I feel (really) nostalgic, I still play D2LoD. ...

I was working as a Customer Service Rep in Circuit City when I was at the height of my Diablo craze. I created my own level that had almost the same floor plan as the store I was working in. I brought it in on a 3½" floppy and put it on one of the Demo computers. The store manager finally had to forbid any of the sales people from going near the computer because they became so engrossed in the game they ignored the customers ... and their possible commissions!

• Like! 1