Can't start Sacred Underworld on Windows 10

Hi there,

I have played Sacred Underworld since it came out and I love it. I have been able to get it to run on all my Windows versions until now. I just installed Windows 10 and now it is not working. I have the Sacred Gold patch installed and I have the shortcut set to run in compatability mode to Windows XP SP2 and Run as Admin is checked, which is how I ran it with Windows 7. I SO hope that one of you lovely people who made the patch so long ago will give it another try with the new windows version! I know this game is old, but I love it and would really like to keep it running.

Thanks!

• Like! 1

If you have a crap lap top you don't use for anything you might just want to use it for Windows xp for old games. I have my desk top set up with dual os specifically for old games just to avoid compatibility issues.

Edited by Veracious
  • Like! 1

Hi, well I'm not sure if its really a windows 10 related problem here, but on steam,

some people reported that they were able to run it on W10 again after trying some fixes/workarounds that also prevented the game from running properly on windows 8.1 :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12320/discussions/0/528398719804457418/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12320/discussions/0/558756255835833444/

so, if you've checked run as admin, run in XP compatibility mode, and If your game version is 2.28 which removed the CD check copy protection and it still won't run,

then you might try running Sacred 1 in windowed mode plus changing to 32bit gfx in the config file which should be in your sacred install location folder..

hope this helps, or maybe you find another solution..

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Like! 1

I'm successfully running Sacred Gold (GoG version) on my Windows 10 system. In fact, I just "wasted the last 3 hours "testing" it to make sure. :P

Could it perhaps be a bad installation? I know uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed way too many Windows problems for me. :(

• Like! 1

Hi there,

I have played Sacred Underworld since it came out and I love it. I have been able to get it to run on all my Windows versions until now. I just installed Windows 10 and now it is not working. I have the Sacred Gold patch installed and I have the shortcut set to run in compatability mode to Windows XP SP2 and Run as Admin is checked, which is how I ran it with Windows 7. I SO hope that one of you lovely people who made the patch so long ago will give it another try with the new windows version! I know this game is old, but I love it and would really like to keep it running.

Thanks!

Great you were able to find your way over to us Jamie

Are you still having problems running it? Looks like youve already met up with members of the community here^^

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo