Please tell me there's a shift-click option available somewhere

Talking about the ability to shift-click (or ctrl-, or some kind of [thing]-click) items to quickly move them to the stash, or blacksmith, or runemaster.

I know you can ctrl click to quickly sell, including while not at a merchant (and I know you don't get full merchant price if you do so away from a merchant). Or shift-click to drop items (regardless of being present at a merchant, chest, etc).

It seems pretty clear from my browsing that this doesn't exist in the base game, but I'm hoping there's a mod or something that adds it in. (But I'm presuming it doesn't exist at all and may not even be possible, elsewise it would be included by default in the community patch.)

At this point, I may just write a dirty AutoHotKey script as an interim solution: move what I'm hovering over to a corner of chest/inventory (or runemaster slot), resort chest/inventory, then move the cursor back to where it was originally.

Edited by signupsucks
  • Like! 1
  • 4 months later...

Talking about the ability to shift-click (or ctrl-, or some kind of [thing]-click) items to quickly move them to the stash, or blacksmith, or runemaster.

I know you can ctrl click to quickly sell, including while not at a merchant (and I know you don't get full merchant price if you do so away from a merchant). Or shift-click to drop items (regardless of being present at a merchant, chest, etc).

It seems pretty clear from my browsing that this doesn't exist in the base game, but I'm hoping there's a mod or something that adds it in. (But I'm presuming it doesn't exist at all and may not even be possible, elsewise it would be included by default in the community patch.)

At this point, I may just write a dirty AutoHotKey script as an interim solution: move what I'm hovering over to a corner of chest/inventory (or runemaster slot), resort chest/inventory, then move the cursor back to where it was originally.

lol...

gawd this used to annoy the heck out of me too...

:lol:

gogo

Actually I prefer it this way as it helps me remember that not all games are tailored to lazy players who expect the game to play itself and all they have to do is watch. I know that after playing MMOs particularly for a couple of years I went back to play an older game that I have always loved, Morrowind. It was a shocking experience! I hadn't realised how much I had become used to the kiddie style games. Morrowind doesn't have a radar with arrows pointing where you have to go, maps with big "x marks the spot" so you don't have to search for things yourself. I had to actually explore for myself, read the quest descriptions, think and work out where to go. It was a sobering experience and I now apprciate those older games that were designed for real gamers and not kiddie hand holding! Including things like have to move items manually instead of expecting the game to move things en-mass for me just to make it easy. I have come to think in terms of how I would have to move each item individually if it was real, so I can't complain about doing it in the game, it's part of the immersion.

Edited by podgie_bear

Yeah, that's all well and good, until you want to move a collection of rings and amulets from the player stash to the shared stash.

I can't applaud tedium for its own sake. It really has nothing to do with hand-holding or dumbing down of games.

• Like! 1

The thing is Flix, how many little conveniences before it becomes all convenience and all done for you? Where do you draw the line? It's the thin edge of the wedge and each of us has to decide how thick a wedge we want.

Gogo, my chest is like my head........ pretty much bald these days, lol.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

The thing is Flix, how many little conveniences before it becomes all convenience and all done for you? Where do you draw the line? It's the thin edge of the wedge and each of us has to decide how thick a wedge we want.

I draw the line right after hitting SHIFT+Click to move an item from one container to another. :biggrin:

• Like! 1

I was wishing just yesterday that they'd made a rune system where you choose which runes you want, then pick the exchange rate, and then you just hit a button for the rune you want and the game automatically takes as many runes from your inventory as needed, without taking the runes you flagged as useful. Then you could get a rune every time with one click.

I think for most people the idea of some of the little conveniences for the tedious in town stuff is to soften the time spent outside actual combat like stash sorting and loot pick up. For instance the pick up all key and it's settings. We're not talking bot programs or anything. And for those of us who aren't hardcore gamers or have less than desirable free time to play it can make a big difference in how much hacking and slashing we get to do. The idea like you said is to play and immerse. That means not taking twenty minutes to organize your last batch of loot in your stash. At least that's our theory.

Fair enough, what ever works for each individual. I don't expect what works for me to work for everyone and I used to take advantage of all the little shortcuts myself. It's only that the last couple of years playing MMOs and not realising just how much those games were making me sit back and let the game virtually play itself and lead me around by the hand that has changed my attitude. I now realise that I WANT to play the game with all its annoying little foibles these days, that I prefer older style games where I had to do it all and not rely on helpful shortcuts. I also realise that even in a Hack'n'Slash like Sacred combat is not necessarily the best part of the game.

I'm just thankful that Ascaron made the Sacred 2 that they did, one that it allows me to experience the depths and intracasies of the game and that they didn't just make a Sacred 3 instead!

Edited by podgie_bear

I think for most people the idea of some of the little conveniences for the tedious in town stuff is to soften the time spent outside actual combat like stash sorting and loot pick up. For instance the pick up all key and it's settings. We're not talking bot programs or anything. And for those of us who aren't hardcore gamers or have less than desirable free time to play it can make a big difference in how much hacking and slashing we get to do. The idea like you said is to play and immerse. That means not taking twenty minutes to organize your last batch of loot in your stash. At least that's our theory.
Fair enough, what ever works for each individual. I don't expect what works for me to work for everyone and I used to take advantage of all the little shortcuts myself. It's only that the last couple of years playing MMOs and not realising just how much those games were making me sit back and let the game virtually play itself and lead me around by the hand that has changed my attitude. I now realise that I WANT to play the game with all its annoying little foibles these days, that I prefer older style games where I had to do it all and not rely on helpful shortcuts. I also realise that even in a Hack'n'Slash like Sacred combat is not necessarily the best part of the game.

I'm just thankful that Ascaron made the Sacred 2 that they did, one that it allows me to experience the depths and intracasies of the game and that they didn't just make a Sacred 3 instead!

Yea I get it. A year back I tried to get back into Diablo 2. I can't belIeve there are still bots running in that game. Now there's the ultimate in watching the game play itself. Of course it's almost impossible to farm runes which are necessary to beat the game and do harder content. On top of that the magic find modifier did next to nothing to increase legendary item and rune drops. So I guess I understand some people's frustration. But yea I couldn't get back into it without a ton of friends to run with.

At least sacred you can solo