GoGiveaway: Banished, Riddick, System Shock

Hello to all you good people!

On this day, November the 14th, nothing important happened.

However, there's some free codes lying around here for which I have no need. You, on the other hand, might be interested. So have a look at ...

Banished

Chronicles of Riddick (the title goes on and on and on)

System Shock 2

... and let me know which one catches your interest.

Since these redemption codes are only valid until December the 15th, let's say on the 8th I hand out the codes to whoever asked for one. Preferably three different people, but whatever.

• Like! 1

Hello to all you good people!

On this day, November the 14th, nothing important happened.

However, there's some free codes lying around here for which I have no need. You, on the other hand, might be interested. So have a look at ...

Banished

Chronicles of Riddick (the title goes on and on and on)

System Shock 2

Since these redemption codes are only valid until December the 15th, let's say on the 8th I hand out the codes to whoever asked for one. Preferably three different people, but whatever.

This is a great offer Flo, thanks for putting this up for the DarkMatters community!

:)

gogo

Why not keep them for yourself. I have an old System Shock 2 lying around somewhere and really loved the game.

Try it, you might like it! ;)

Why not keep them for yourself. I have an old System Shock 2 lying around somewhere and really loved the game.

Well, I possibly would try that, if I didn't already own it, the same with Banished. The Riddick one doesn't really interest me, and even if it did, my collection by now is way too big for one lifetime already so I thought I might as well make someone else happy.

I realize that's a 'First World problem', if you look at it this way, but I don't see any better way to deal with it.

And considering the massive amount of requests so far it looks like I'm stuck with it anyways.

If no one else (including you) want any of them, I wouldn't mind trying the Riddick one.

On a side note, I found my System Shock 2 disk (complete with like new box and all contents) and tried to install it. I immediately got an error:

This product cannot be installed on Windows NT due to a Microsoft DirectX 6.1 limitation.

I searched online and found that if I ran the setup.exe with the -lgntforce option it would work ... and it did. The game is now installed. I guess I now need to see if it will actually run.

[Added]

Well, that was quick. It installed with no problem but it refuses to run on a 64-bit Windows 10 system. :( I tried running it as an Admin, several different Compatibility options, and banging on the console with my red foam rubber hammer. Nothing worked!

Ah well, it will probably go on sale through GoG eventually if I really feel I need it.

[Added 2]

I just put the CD back in the box and found my copy of the original System Shock (1) inside as well. Guess I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it. ;)

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1

And considering the massive amount of requests so far it looks like I'm stuck with it anyways.

You could try posting it on the GOG forums. There's sure to be people who will snatch it up right away.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If no one else (including you) want any of them, I wouldn't mind trying the Riddick one.

But of course. I'll stick it in your mailbox right away. Have fun!

You could try posting it on the GOG forums. There's sure to be people who will snatch it up right away.

Well, I wanted to ask here first. But I tink I'll try that next, thanks.