Trouble moving to underworld campaign

So my sacred character has finished the vanilla campaign but it went to credits and then exited to load screen. I lost my progress between the demon and the end credits. So basically the rule is you have to export before actually finishing the game? This makes no sense. Why does the game not just continue from there?

Because it doesn't and since the developers are no more, you can like it or lump it, sorry. Nobody can fix it now! You'll just have to jon the hundreds of thousands of us who have coped with it for all these years.

Edited by podgie_bear

That was a bit of an unnecessarily aggressive reply don't you think? I mean from my perspective it could've been an install issue or I missed an update when I added the expansion. What you replied was just kinda rude.

Anyway it turns out I had saved only a few minutes from the final scene so this time I just exported before killing him. I didn't know before hand that the end credits edited to the home screen. I'm on my way in underworld now

That was a bit of an unnecessarily aggressive reply don't you think? I mean from my perspective it could've been an install issue or I missed an update when I added the expansion. What you replied was just kinda rude.

Not rude just not verbose. I was in a hurry when I posted it, that's why it reads like a telegram, short and to the point. No rudeness intended.

Edited by podgie_bear

Because it doesn't and since the developers are no more,

there are still people working to patch the game,maybe we should ask what Flix says about it

I haven't done any work on sacred 1 and I probably won't. I don't think this is a bug anyway. They just built in this wonky export/import system for transitioning between campaigns and difficulty levels. IIRC you get a popup message telling you to export when you beat the boss.

Not rude just not verbose. I was in a hurry when I posted it, that's why it reads like a telegram, short and to the point. No rudeness intended.

Sorry, it came across as not very friendly to me as well but I think it was more from frustration with the game mechanics than any actual hostility towards the OP.

It never hurts to realize that not everyone is a mind reader ... ;)

Because it doesn't and since the developers are no more,

there are still people working to patch the game,maybe we should ask what Flix says about it
I haven't done any work on sacred 1 and I probably won't. I don't think this is a bug anyway. They just built in this wonky export/import system for transitioning between campaigns and difficulty levels. IIRC you get a popup message telling you to export when you beat the boss.

I got the pop up but I was also surrounded by mobs so I had to survive first. I killed them then the credits rolled. I had no idea that was going to happen. If it were that obvious to a first time player I probably wouldn't have had the issue I had. As it stands I just did it a second time and exported before killing the final mob, whatever his name was. All fixed. I'm doing the expac now. No problems.

From the intended receivers perspective it was indeed verbose. It wasn't short or direct at all. It was sarcastic and rude. Simply stating it was just poor design choice by the developers would have been short and direct. The rest was antiquated and indeed verbose

Sorry, it came across as not very friendly to me as well but I think it was more from frustration with the game mechanics than any actual hostility towards the OP.

It never hurts to realize that not everyone is a mind reader ... ;)

Sir Spock it has been a while.How have you been while I was away? I hope you solved your conflicts with your computer and happy right now

God Bless

Orkun

Sir Spock it has been a while.How have you been while I was away? I hope you solved your conflicts with your computer and happy right now

God Bless

Orkun

I have been, which in most cases is better than having not been, thank you for asking.

My 64-bit Windows 10 self-built system is running quite smoothly now. It is a bit slow to boot though. On normal days it takes almost 2 seconds for the display to stabilize and be ready to use. If I must start from a complete power down state, it takes almost 3 seconds! I keep trying to work on it but it just refuses to move any faster ... so far. :P

In keeping with this topic, I have Sacred Gold installed and must remember to play it more.