Grim Dawn is now content complete

Hallelujah. I preordered this game 4 years ago and it's finally done.

I can't imagine the community let completion bonuses go without a struggle but I'm glad to see them go, if only for the boon of more storage space.

So all that empty space at the bottom of the map is for expansion content or what?

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got this game... where is the stash? Maybe its not in first region? I am not sure what I am looking for, I assumed a chest of some kind?

Not much info out there on this game yet.

So I got this game... where is the stash? Maybe its not in first region? I am not sure what I am looking for, I assumed a chest of some kind?

Not much info out there on this game yet.

It's an NPC I believe. In the first town, in the buildings on the left. It's been a while, but I seem to recall there was a quest to unlock the bank.

Yeah....You will also get extra 'bags' for your character as you progress through the areas, so you can pick up more stuff before having to sell or stash too.

our "old man group" will open our 2016 season tomorrow evening with our first hardcore session this year. we have to clear some regions before defeating Cronley.

looking through devotion, there are a lot of powerful active skills. my shaman using shepherd's call and it is pretty good. but the "small" passiv buffs are sometimes much more effective or powerful. getting 10% total damage or life (!) is something no char should deny! ;)

looking back and thinking about the price I payed (€7,50) in a sale, this game is one of the best (play time devided with price) I have got. now enjoying the content and looking forward to addons, which I will buy at full price, just to support the team. bringing back hardcore feeling to me, is worth it!

• Like! 1

Build 30: Balancing Pass and Bug Fixing

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30753

great changes-> perfect timing- will start elite today

last night I reached elite with my summoner(self found). Final boss in normal/elite was a hard fight.

Most time I'd to kite all the spawns and wait for help from my pets... (switched them back from aggressive to normal helped a lot-> aggressive mode: sometimes they ignore the pet command)

• Like! 1

. (Over 2000 hours played and still haven't made a pet build lol :P)

then there is still time left and you can wait! :P

it's a pitty, that four members is the max group size. would like to have some of you with us! :D the more HC experience we have, the better! (only two of us has played HC before)

• Like! 1

I'm not actually playing HC yet....with the game in pre-release stage, always worried about bugs and stuff killing my characters. So I play a 'modified' version of HC...just too many balancing issues right now...Getting one-shot by bosses like Loxmere and stuff like that

If I die to anything other than a bug, I'll usually delete character (but I'll grab all his gear first). Once game is officially released I'll be doing another full wipe of characters and stash and will be HC'ing then.

• Like! 1

We start playing HC with build 28 and lost two chars early in a cave in act I, which should be a bug, because they died instantly at the same time...therefor we all got twins of our main char at the same level. it is our "homework" every week to keep them on the same level, so we won't loose time if somebody dies (and in HC it is not the question "if" you die, the question is "when" :D )

last session we defeated Cronley. was a hard fight, even with four fighters. our arcanist gave us some aether defence by a buff, which helps a lot.

we will see what will happen this week! ;)

• Like! 1

There have been some one-shot deaths from bosses...basically some type of multiple projectile Area of Effect that apparently is cast directly on the player (as he is rushing towards the boss) and not on the ground. Thus you are hit with EVERY projectile, and suffer massive amounts of damage. Most people have instantly died. Dev's are aware of issue.

Not sure if that might be what happened to you guys, since you said you both died at same exact time. haven't heard it occurring with Cronley before though.

Once it's officially released I'll be going HC.

@ everyone

As an FYI...As far as offense....right now OA (offensive ability is the most important stat). Also a good idea to have 2 different type of damage....if you're all Vitality for instance, and come across a boss with high resist or immunity to it, you will not beat it, especially if it has any kind of life heal.

On defense....while a high DA is nice and having high shield block is great (if you use one), really the most important stat is your resists....especially once you get into Elite and Ultimate...you get resist penalties in both....and going into a battle against a hero or boss with a neg resist to his main attack is a very quick way to die.

There have been some one-shot deaths from bosses...basically some type of multiple projectile Area of Effect that apparently is cast directly on the player (as he is rushing towards the boss) and not on the ground. Thus you are hit with EVERY projectile, and suffer massive amounts of damage. Most people have instantly died. Dev's are aware of issue.

Not sure if that might be what happened to you guys, since you said you both died at same exact time. haven't heard it occurring with Cronley before though.

it wasn't Cronley! ;) it was in the flooded passage where you sometimes meet "twin bosses", kind of that "dogs" in green color (sorry, I am playing the german translation). afaik this was fixed by build 28 or 29...

for me there is a special boss in that ghost cave at the beginning of act II, where now three chars (two shamans and one arcanist) of me has died... :(

HC = no risk no fun! ;)

Ah sorry misread that part in your post :(

Yeah I know what enemy you're referring to...called Rifthounds (least in the English version) couple Alpha Heroes would be pretty bad

Sounds like Staunton Mines for that ghost boss...for me...hmm my nemesis is any boss/hero that can stun...man I hate those guys...and speaking of Nemesis...anyone get high enough reputations to meet any of the Nemesis bosses? OMG lol...there's a certain one that is tough....of course end boss is pretty tough too but won't say anymore..hate to put out any spoilers

Edit: Not the Staunton mine...but it's one in that area

Hmm looks like there's still some bugs and balance issues to be ironed out. Judging by the various dev posts, they're experimenting with some wild swings in balancing player skills to judge the effect from player feedback. Maybe I should wait til official release, I've waited this long. I'm definitely signing up for any expansions though.

So recommend me a class guys. I played a Warlock through Build 27 and a Warder up to Cronley in Build 28.

I could browse builds on the Grim Dawn forums, but I thought I'd see what masteries you guys think I should combine. Anyway, I don't like following builds. I like going on my own path. So what's a class I should take on a trip through Cairn?

Edited by Flix

I'm partial to melee builds so I've got quite a few 2H Warders, DW Blademasters or Spellbreakers, Sword and Board Battlemages.......

The only one I've played up to Ultimate so far is a Warder using Primal Strike and Forcewave for LMB and RMB attacks. Concentrating on Physical and Lightning damage.

A tool I use quite often to see how a build might develop or look at higher levels is Grim Calc

it is not necessary to choose a second mastery. as I know from a friend, he has got 6 or 7 chars in softcore at max level and get through the hole game only with the starting mastery...

the points up to level 50 or so are needed to max out the first mastery (not every skill, but the ones you like)

soldier (classic fighter), shadow blade and shaman are melee chars (shaman with pet).

arcanist (classic mage), occultist (druid?) and that shooting char are ranged

my favourites are shaman and the "shooter" (with dual pistols by item and trenchcoat! :D )

to get an idea of every char, play him through act one and see how it fits to your playstyle...

Ah sorry misread that part in your post :(

Yeah I know what enemy you're referring to...called Rifthounds (least in the English version) couple Alpha Heroes would be pretty bad

Sounds like Staunton Mines for that ghost boss...for me...hmm my nemesis is any boss/hero that can stun...man I hate those guys...and speaking of Nemesis...anyone get high enough reputations to meet any of the Nemesis bosses? OMG lol...there's a certain one that is tough....of course end boss is pretty tough too but won't say anymore..hate to put out any spoilers

Edit: Not the Staunton mine...but it's one in that area

Having played a few times recently, the ghost cave is before the mines, you can generally find it before the first warp location in chapter 2., It is filled with ghosts only and has at least one purple and three regular bosses. As well as a shrine which always produces one boss. They don't last long against my current Sorcerer.

I don't play HC but I still don't like dying, its a fail to me. Even though there is no survival bonus, I just know.

I only play mixed classes, Soldier seems to lack attacks but then most are added to default, and its hard not to include soldier in a mix as his defensive skills are so handy for casters. Occultist is, like shaman, a pet class or a caster... though the similarities end with pets, the shaman can also be melee... I guess there is probably a build for a melee occultist mix somewhere.

Its so hard not to include arcanist or soldier in a mix, their buffs are just so nice...

Highest I got so far is level 48, Battlemage. Soon to be eclipsed by a warlock.

Almost at 200 hours, but only had game two weeks :)

How do you get empowered gear? (Nevermind, seems it just falls after a certain level)

Edited by colif

got my last piece from the beastcaller set! :viking:

time to finish all reputations

will make my way to log -ultimate soon

next char-> soldier/shaman 1h/shield with totems (totem dryad in sacred 2... :thumbsupsmiley:)