Safe link to Community patch?

There's nothing wrong with the file. And if someone else uploaded it for you, you would still have the same problem with your Antivirus blocking it because it's a false positive.

• Like! 1

So I got Sacred 2 again on my brand new pc and after finding I need to work in windowed mode to get the actual cursor to move, I am now trying to get a link to the community patch that isn't blocked by my AV program. The link to Ancaria.net is blocked by Bitdefender, so I can't use wiki or the links shown in thread here. ... I would have it on my old pc but its too slow now for me to even contemplate starting,

I am amazed that Sacred 2 actually has support for 4k... I don't think my pc can run it at that resolution though, might stick to 1440p. I now just want to play it again. Not going to try without patch though as I think characters were converted...

Hi btw, hope you all having a great holiday season :)

Good seeing you back Colif!

Ancaria.net ...is that an old link to a forum or site for the game? I dont see it going anywhere when I punch it in... so I then wonder what the relationship is to the statment you made about not being able to use the wiki to download?

And yes, having a great holiday season here, Merry Christmas to you as well!

:)

gogo

The link I used is http://xmas.ancaria.net/patches/cm-patch0150.zip

Its off the wiki

I just added an exception to the whitelist for the short amount of time I needed it and then removed it once file tfr was complete. I will scan folder with AV before installing it.

I scanned folder with Malewarebytes and Bitdefender once it was downloaded so it was a false alarm after all.

So I have a 4k monitor, and its a bummer. I would love to play Sacred 2 on it but half of me wants to see game look as good as it can be (I have a GTX 980 so I suspect I could play it at max at 1080p) but reducing the screen size also makes it a tiny box with a text size so small I can't read it since I have to play in windowed mode to get the mouse cursor to move. Other half of me thinks, I just play it in 4k with low details but that is just a bigger version of what I had before. Another fun thing is the box for screen size doesn't scroll and the 4k setting is now below the bottom of the screen. I might play with screen sizes and see if I can get it to reappear again. << Never mind, after installing CM patch the screen reset itself to 4k, I will just play at that setting.

My current pc should run Sacred 2 in its sleep but the age of the game is throwing roadblocks at me.

Off topic but I wish Unbended was out, there are just no good games like Sacred around any more.

Edited by colif

Have you given Grim Dawn a look yet Colif? Been in Beta for a while, but it is now 'content complete' with an official release date sometime in February of this year.

I have about 2000 hours into now :P

The link I used is http://xmas.ancaria.net/patches/cm-patch0150.zip

Its off the wiki

I just added an exception to the whitelist for the short amount of time I needed it and then removed it once file tfr was complete. I will scan folder with AV before installing it.

I scanned folder with Malewarebytes and Bitdefender once it was downloaded so it was a false alarm after all.

So I have a 4k monitor, and its a bummer. I would love to play Sacred 2 on it but half of me wants to see game look as good as it can be (I have a GTX 980 so I suspect I could play it at max at 1080p) but reducing the screen size also makes it a tiny box with a text size so small I can't read it since I have to play in windowed mode to get the mouse cursor to move. Other half of me thinks, I just play it in 4k with low details but that is just a bigger version of what I had before. Another fun thing is the box for screen size doesn't scroll and the 4k setting is now below the bottom of the screen. I might play with screen sizes and see if I can get it to reappear again. << Never mind, after installing CM patch the screen reset itself to 4k, I will just play at that setting.

My current pc should run Sacred 2 in its sleep but the age of the game is throwing roadblocks at me.

Off topic but I wish Unbended was out, there are just no good games like Sacred around any more.

Have you tried disabling (or enabling if it already is disabled) hardware cursor in the games settings?

I will look at Grim Dawn, I have been busy doing a Diploma in Information & Library Services so haven't had a chance to look at many games at all the last 2 years. I think I bought about 5 all up. Once I got my new PC after 9 years using the last one, I had lots of games to try that I could finally run but I had missed a few it seems. TL2 on my pc now is very colourful. Sacred 2 looks about same, just bigger area around me. I thought about Path of exiles but never liked the way melee combat feels. Didn't even give D3 a thought... since I would need expansion on PC and have it already on PS4.

PC:

Intel I5 4690K

Asus Z97 Pro Wifi AC

16gb Corsair DDR3

Asus Strix GTX 980

Samsung EVO 850 250gb SSD

Seagate 2tb HDD

Seasonic 760 watt Gold+ PSU

Silverstone FT02 Black Fortress Midi Tower

Samsung UHD 4k monitor

I didn't think to try the mouse button, not since I got it running in windowed mode anyway, I tried to highlight it when cursor wasn't working but that was impossible. I wasn't sure if it might have been fixed with community patch as I hadn't installed that at time.

Colif finds out who made Grim Dawn, buys it on Steam.. Titan Quest, I had forgotten that game.

Edited by colif